Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Are Dolmens the Most Efficient Way to Level Up?

• Furinol
    Furinol
    ✭✭
    Just curious Why are dolems in Alik'r and Audiron are so popular ? It's handy for group zergs but puzzling to me

Proximity to wayshrines and speed of repopulation.

You can go from dolmen to dolmen in Alik'r with no downtime.

Clear, travel, clear, travel, clear, travel etc.....
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another plus to the dolmen grind is the achievements - who doesn't like the dyes (Daedric Red)...the titles (Daedric Lord Slayer and Enemy of Cold Harbour)...

But again, as I've often thought...no one ever provides grind spots. While it does not matter me so much, telling people to go to "grind spots" is not enough if they are new. It just seems like a tease without the payoff.
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    Well dolmens is nice

Why people want to hit 50 ?

Well some want to play pvp only

A lot of other mmorpgs it's common to say that's where the fun gaming begins

Some don't like this quest grind it's soo slow

In eso I was supprised quest story line is really nice to do
    But when you doing your 2 char it's not that fun anymore if you don't have
    A goldfish memory that is.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another plus to the dolmen grind is the achievements - who doesn't like the dyes (Daedric Red)...the titles (Daedric Lord Slayer and Enemy of Cold Harbour)...

But again, as I've often thought...no one ever provides grind spots. While it does not matter me so much, telling people to go to "grind spots" is not enough if they are new. It just seems like a tease without the payoff.

The old grindspots work, such as zombies/necromancers at the north from Evermore, Nilata Ruins, Verrant Morass (it even has an npc that heals you), Spellscar. Thats just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
    Dolmens are easily the worst way to level the first char, you barely get to hit any enemy with light attacks, let alone using abilities. And then we have people queuing for vet dungeons and spamming light attacks. >.< Leveling normally, by doing quests, worldbosses, normal dungeons is much more beneficial for a new player. They will need to collect skill points, lorebooks and other stuff anyways, so why not to level up while doing so?
    I grinded my alts, but I played my first character normally and I never regretted it.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU