The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

since battlegrounds are now a thing can we get rid of all the side attractions in cyrodiil?

dsalter
dsalter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
heres looking at you PvE quest hubs, random delves IC counting towards pop cap for server.
just move the sky shards to the entrances of where they should have been and just seal them off so we can focus on the actual war effort.
Edited by dsalter on May 29, 2017 5:36PM
PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do battlegrounds have to do with the PVE content in Cyrodiil?
  • Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree, this doesn't make sense. Battlegrounds are more of an arena tournament style PvP. So what does this have to do with removing PvE content in Cyrodiil?
    Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.
    Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact. Xbox One - NA
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

the PvE bit was more of an icing on the cake thing, battlegrounds were put in place to help sate peoples need for small scale PvP and with how big cyrodiil is and how spread out everything is you may notice even a pop locked camp will have a lacking amount of people helping the war effort, because most of them are either in IC or going after side distractions pulling away from the main focus on cyrodiil as a zone.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

• White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't care about battlefields but still love PvP so leave croydill as it is
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't see the connection here at all, if anything Cyro needs more side things rather than less to keep it interesting.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Don't see the connection here at all, if anything Cyro needs more side things rather than less to keep it interesting.

more side things that contribute to the war effort.
    how much of a positive impact does IC have on Cyrodiil?
    spreading players out doesn't count. because it's doing it in the wrong way by shoveling them "out of the way" but still using up pop cap.

delves are another thing that pulls people aside.
    the only impact it has on cyrodiil is a buff. otherwise it's pure selfishness of "more AP."

the towns are arguably the least damaging, they at least give a spawn point, but otherwise hardly more useful than a forward camp

• Amareen
    Amareen
    ✭✭
    I basically play this game because of the PvP, and I like Cyrodiil as it is, preciselly for all the things it offers, you can do many things depending on which mood you are. The only thing it annoys me is that you don't know how many people are actually in IC, but if people is cooperative enough on zone chat, you can have an idea on how many are actually fighting the war
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what you get after closing Haderus. I am one of those blocking the campaign. Sorry ǽbout that but i prefer to keep my CP while picking flowers.

ZOS should create a second CP campaign where PvP is replaced with rock-paper-scissors and name it "Carebear".
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand what you're saying...it's frustrating to wait in queue starting at position 70, you get in and your team is being trounced and there are like 20 players on the overland keep map.

I don't think eliminating most of the overland pve content is the answer. I go flipping everywhere on the map, and there aren't that many players in delves or hunting shards. Plus these pve activities are things that get a lot of people into Cyrodiil and playing pvp in the first place.

However, the exception I'd make is Imperial City. The connection between alliance war and IC has always been tenuous, and none of ZOS's ideas have worked. (Lest we forget, the original concept was that you would need to own keeps on the lake to get into IC, and if you lost them while inside IC your faction would be trapped there. Cool idea...didn't work.) There are always a ton of players down there...it creates weird ebbs and flows with zergs up top...I'd be completely supportive of moving IC to its own independent PVP campaign zone.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    heres looking at you PvE quest hubs, random delves IC counting towards pop cap for server.
    just move the sky shards to the entrances of where they should have been and just seal them off so we can focus on the actual war effort.

PvEers Matter Too In Cyrodiil! :trollface:
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on June 4, 2017 1:05PM
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I go to Cyrodiil, I generally feel obligated to post LFG in zone chat, but if no one needs/wants my help enough to respond, I like having options. If one of our keeps is lit up, I'll often help defend it, but otherwise I may visit IC, quest, or farm. If you want folks in Cyrodiil actively to participate in the war effort, I'd say that the most productive thing you can do is to form groups, make newcomers welcome, and teach them effective techniques . I've seen lots of folks looking for groups in zone chat and a fair number of snide comments about "pug wrangling" on the forums. I really don't think that the problem is that folks have choices about how to spend their time in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by Imryll on June 8, 2017 8:48PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lets get rid of all the keeps too and just make cyrodiil a bunch of bridges.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't main the zergling faction if you dont like queues
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    noticed so many people cant even stay on topic :(

• Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your topic didn't merit any rational discussion; so here we are.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »

ok lets play a game of how does this help.

quest hubs in cyrodiil: how do they contribute to the war effort of taking keeps, scrolls and score?
    Imperial City: how does it contribute to cyrodiils score, keep battles or the battles?
    finally delves: how do they contribute to the war effort of taking keeps, scrolls or score?

"spreading out people" isn't a valid answer btw as they dont directly help the answers.

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the relatively small number of PVE'ers in your campaign are the reason you're losing the war, you were already losing the war.

It's fine the way it is. I'm sure you take no issue with the kills you get when people are going to and from those quest hubs and skyshards, so long as they're from the other Alliance, right?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the relatively small number of PVE'ers in your campaign are the reason you're losing the war, you were already losing the war.

It's fine the way it is. I'm sure you take no issue with the kills you get when people are going to and from those quest hubs and skyshards, so long as they're from the other Alliance, right?

actually i dont bother hunting those said people because as long as they stay doing what they do, it makes it so we know there is one less defender at the enemies keep.

• ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭

quest hubs in cyrodiil: how do they contribute to the war effort of taking keeps, scrolls and score?
    Imperial City: how does it contribute to cyrodiils score, keep battles or the battles?
    finally delves: how do they contribute to the war effort of taking keeps, scrolls or score?

"spreading out people" isn't a valid answer btw as they dont directly help the answers.

Your mistake is assuming the sole purpose of Cyrodiil is for people to participate in the Alliance War. While that certainly is the primary function of the zone, it has other purposes as well. Some people like to do PVE content with the additional pressure that comes with knowing they could be attacked by another player at any time. This caters to them. Having PVE content inside Cyrodiil also encourages PVE players to go into a zone they may never otherwise enter, and exposes them to a new type of gameplay they may actually enjoy but would not have tried otherwise. Personally, if it weren't for the PVE content in Cyrodiil, I probably never would've given PVP a try, and now I've grown to enjoy PVP so much it is literally the only thing I do in the game. Having PVE content inside PVP zones also helps make the world feel fuller and more diverse, which may not matter much to a hardcore PVPer. but to more casual players, can go a long way towards making the game more enjoyable overall.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Play the game in your head before posting
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stupid idea.
  • MoeCoastie
    MoeCoastie
    ✭✭✭
    Let me get your rational correct:

Since BGs are PvP only with no PvE, You think Cyrodiil should follow suit?
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MoeCoastie wrote: »

no i'm saying make both work for the crowd its aimed at.

both are aimed at PvP, both should be focused on said PvP. it's the same thing the PvE side of the game works, they kept PvP out of it because it causes problems.

• Cydone
    Cydone
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want more ppl in Cyrodiil focusing on the "war effort", then ZoS should bring back the bounty missions like they were when the game first came out. Kill 20 players was the only mission and it was infinitely repeatable, just make it so you can grab the mission from any quartermaster at any keep your alliance owns. You could easily level your CP in the campaign while still having to take part in the pvp to do so.
    Edited by Cydone on June 12, 2017 9:34AM
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

According to ZoS its PvE/Morrowind-specific content by virtue of the fact that its set in Vvardenfell, which is how they justified BG's being locked behind a paywall.
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the words of many-a-rapper, you all got the whole game twisted.

In lieu of open world pvp all across tamriel we are stuck with "open world" PVP in cyro. It's not just about keep takes and scoreboards. All of that is just context for big team PVP in the place dedicated to PVP. And guess what, the PVE content is also to PROMOTE PVP.

What is laughable is the PVER's (I won't call them carebears...oops just did) who come to cyro and IC to only PVE. These are places where you engage other players in combat. Having a fetch quest to complete just provides flavor. Whiners have distorted this glorious vision into the "Don't gank me bro, questing!", "We were in a duel...in front of this lovely contested keep", no dear having drudgery we are in today.

But seriously, how many times can you win a campaign, take a keep, grab a scroll before it just becomes boring. You have to allow for other things to do if you want to keep your population up. If you care about score so badly, OP, you should be petitioning to have the zones in IC count toward it, instead of complaining that it exists. Adds more flavor to the zerg salad.

And before anyone brings up PVE dungeons in IC, the I in Zenimax is for Inconsistant (to the max).
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonemd wrote: »
    But seriously, how many times can you win a campaign, take a keep, grab a scroll before it just becomes boring. You have to allow for other things to do if you want to keep your population up. If you care about score so badly, OP, you should be petitioning to have the zones in IC count toward it, instead of complaining that it exists. Adds more flavor to the zerg salad.
    Cj3bVDh.gif
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    tonemd wrote: »
    Cj3bVDh.gif

Disregard score, acquire salty EP/DC tears.

Trust me bruh, dat never gets old.
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alot of people like mixed PVE and PVP. Cyrodiil lets you explore enemy lands while leveling your character level or CPs while having the chance of random PVP encounters mixed in. The town quest hubs also create more PVP situations why letting enemy players cross paths as well as the towns being ambush places. This is also PVP that is generally small man away from the zergs. The in Cyrodiil has very little effect on the war but only brings more people to Cyrodiil that eventually join in on the war at times. It really has no negative effects but all posatives.. why would you want it removed??? If anything there needs to be more things added to draw people there as targets or to hunt...

Things like this is what made people enjoy the Frontiers in DAOC so much
  • MoeCoastie
    MoeCoastie
    ✭✭✭

no i'm saying make both work for the crowd its aimed at.

both are aimed at PvP, both should be focused on said PvP. it's the same thing the PvE side of the game works, they kept PvP out of it because it causes problems.

yeah, Im pretty sure that's what I said