Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Lich set is bugged.

Ankael07
Ankael07
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
If youre on offensive bar (when lich is not 5 pieces) and you weapon swap to lich staff while your magicka is below 30% it doesnt activate the magicka recovery bonus.
You have to actually spend magicka again (while on lich bar) to trigger the bonus.
If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno May I have someones attention here?
  • Tawrich
    Tawrich
    ✭✭✭
    I've also encountered this, thought its how its supposed to work but item description doesn't say that u have to spend magicka, meaning its a possible bug, which is reducing the effectiveness of lich by a ton. Needs to be fixed!
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a tooltip bug. From https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/358541/pts-patch-notes-v3-1-0
    [*]Shroud of the Lich: Updated this Item Set’s tooltip to more clearly indicate its proc condition.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Tawrich said. You´ve to spend magicka while under the threshold to proc it. If this is intended or not I can´t say. But if it is the tooltip needs to be changed.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lore_lai wrote: »
    It's a tooltip bug. From https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/358541/pts-patch-notes-v3-1-0
    [*]Shroud of the Lich: Updated this Item Set’s tooltip to more clearly indicate its proc condition.

The way this proc works was changed some time ago and now they're saying ''updated the tooltip'' in this patch. Idk why they would change the proc condition and not openly mention it at all.
    Edited by Ankael07 on July 29, 2017 11:30PM
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Lore_lai wrote: »

The way this proc works was changed some time ago and now they're saying ''updated the tooltip'' in this patch. Idk why they would change the proc condition and not openly mention it at all.
    Bug-vs-Feature_o_17562.jpg
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pls tell us about something working properly.......

wait, I know something: cooking, you always get what you are boiling!
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also if you're not in combat and proc Lich it doesnt give bonus regen. Is that normalbor a bug?
  • Tawrich
    Tawrich
    ✭✭✭
    This is a big nerf actually, lich was already barely enough sustain compared to sets like seducer, it was good cuz u could 1 bar it but, if u now have to actually use an ability on that bar to proc it, in theory it might not seem like a big deal but in practice its just horrible.

Lets say u are a sorc, u are at 33% magicka and u back bar to proc it to get 1K recovery. Oops u have to cast something, I dont think u can find anything that is cheaper than 3K on ur back bar, lets also be kind and say % amps bring the 1K recovery of lich all the way up to 1.5K, in this condition, it would take 4 seconds for lich to bring u back to where u procced it since recovery ticks every 2 seconds.

U might argue % amps might bring it higher or u can put something cheaper on ur back bar, but if thats the case, u also have to realize that I was being kind and didn't consider that in practice when u proc ur lich on back bar, u are usually under pressure and need to spam defensive abilities.

So yep, 4 sec delay nerf I guess... wasn't needed.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »
    Also if you're not in combat and proc Lich it doesnt give bonus regen. Is that normalbor a bug?

That's normal. Your in-combat and out-of-combat regen stats are different.

I'm not good with the maths, but it seems like out-of-combat regen is generally high, but once your in-combat regen gets to a certain point, your out-of-combat regen diminishes.
  • budrow
    budrow
    ✭✭✭
    I tried this test last night and nightmare has a YouTube video explaining this bug. So, I have lich, shacklebreaker and a monster helm on both bars.
    My regen unbuffed and without the lich proc is about 2100. When I streak until I'm out of magicka. My character sheet shows the lich proc with regen at around 3300 or so, however, while watching my magicka regen out of menu, it's only going up at pace of about 2100 not 3400 each tic. Is this broke, can someon confirm or explain?
    Edited by budrow on August 8, 2017 11:31PM
    l PaleAle l
  • budrow
    budrow
    ✭✭✭
    A post about a lizards eye popping out gets their attention. wtf
    l PaleAle l
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lich was definitely changed during morrowind update without notice. And now we get an updated tooltip for the new conditions.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Can we get some insight into this.

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If youre on offensive bar (when lich is not 5 pieces) and you weapon swap to lich staff while your magicka is below 30% it doesnt activate the magicka recovery bonus.
    You have to actually spend magicka again (while on lich bar) to trigger the bonus.

This is the exact change. You never had to spend magic with the 5pc bonus active. Now you do.

• Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

This is the exact change. You never had to spend magic with the 5pc bonus active. Now you do.

I mean if they're going to force stave, bow and two handed users to have 1 piece fewer item slot then they need to make it easy for us to activate 5 piece bonuses on the backbar. Instead, they're making sneaky changes no one even asked for.
    Edited by Ankael07 on August 9, 2017 1:07AM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can anyone post the new updated "conditions" as they are on PTS. Don't want this to go on for 8 months without it being acknowledged.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lich was definitely changed during morrowind update without notice. And now we get an updated tooltip for the new conditions.

Can we get some insight into this.

Clarification would be great!

Why was the functionality of this set reduced in the first place? I guess I missed all those nerf lich threads...

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    budrow wrote: »
    I tried this test last night and nightmare has a YouTube video explaining this bug. So, I have lich, shacklebreaker and a monster helm on both bars.
    My regen unbuffed and without the lich proc is about 2100. When I streak until I'm out of magicka. My character sheet shows the lich proc with regen at around 3300 or so, however, while watching my magicka regen out of menu, it's only going up at pace of about 2100 not 3400 each tic. Is this broke, can someon confirm or explain?

Are you in combat or out of combat? Your regen stat on your character sheet is your in-combat regen. Your out-of-combat regen will be significantly different. You can download Harven's Extended Stats to see your Idle Regen, or out-of-combat. If you're on, PC.
  • budrow
    budrow
    ✭✭✭
    I know regen is different in and out of combat. My point is that what the character screen is showing does not match up to the regen rate of my magicka pool as I observe outside of menu. Each tic I can do the math to realize it's not working as intended.
    Last night in combat when lich proc'd I can see in the character screen that the bonus is there, however, when I look at my magicka pool outside of menu it only regen at the non lich proc rate which is around 2400 from combat. The character screen showed lich bonus in combat up to like 4200 last night. I wish it actually recovered at the rate. I've been losing magicka way to fast all the time in CP cyro lately.
    Edited by budrow on August 9, 2017 4:20PM
    l PaleAle l
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can anyone post the new updated "conditions" as they are on PTS. Don't want this to go on for 8 months without it being acknowledged.

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That blows if so. Haven't tried Lich since Morrowind but it was a great offbar option, why thar nerf? Also if what you guys are saying is true something is definitely bugged even if there was a change intended. If it doesn't automatically give you regen then it shouldn't get listed on your character sheet either...do you also get the animation BUT no actual magicka return?

I'll have to test this later.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can anyone on PTS provide a photo of Lich 5pc Bonus?
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bueller
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bueller
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current Version:
    (5 items) When you fall below 33% Magicka increase your Magicka Recovery by 12-1032 for 20 seconds. This effect can occur once every 1 minute.

Update 15 Version:
    (5 items) When you cast an ability while under 33% Magicka, your Magicka Recovery is increased by 12-1032 for 20 seconds. This effect can occur once every 1 minute.

As others have mentioned, the regen you see in your character screen is always the combat regen. Out of combat regen is a "hidden" stat and is not normally visible. Lich seems to only affect the combat regen which is why you don't see the effect when testing it out of combat.

Edited by Reorx_Holybeard on August 9, 2017 9:34PM
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Current Version:
    (5 items) When you fall below 33% Magicka increase your Magicka Recovery by 12-1032 for 20 seconds. This effect can occur once every 1 minute.

Update 15 Version:
    (5 items) When you cast an ability while under 33% Magicka, your Magicka Recovery is increased by 12-1032 for 20 seconds. This effect can occur once every 1 minute.

As others have mentioned, the regen you see in your character screen is always the combat regen. Out of combat regen is a "hidden" stat and is not normally visible. Lich seems to only affect the combat regen which is why you don't see the effect when testing it out of combat.

Thank you very much.

Can you look into this. At some point in time this set was changed without patch notes. Now your updating the tooltip for a set that was changed.

Pre Morrowind YOU DID NOT HAVE TO CAST AN ABILITY. Why did this change?
  • budrow
    budrow
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna try and get video tonight
    Edited by budrow on August 9, 2017 9:50PM
    l PaleAle l
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    budrow wrote: »
    In combat last night, character screen listed magicka regen over 4200 after lich proc'd. What's wrong is that my magicka pool is not recovering at that listed rate, but only recovering at the unbuffed rate.

Got a video uploading now. Shows lich in and out of combat. The actual regen in combat seems fine to me. Out of combat the stat sheet updates but doesn't work.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://youtu.be/SxhiSFZbZgA

Out of combat at :30 with 3668 regen only getting 1470. From 21k-22.7k

In Combat at 2:10 with 3668 regen getting 3668 regen. From 24.1k-27.8k. Working but not quite.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still the issue of it being changed to HAVE to cast a move.