Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Things for New Players to do?

delcore
delcore
Soul Shriven
Hi,

I just started playing ESO about roughly two days ago. I went ahead and purchased the Gold Edition and Imperial Upgrade. As of right now, I'm having a bit of fun playing the DLC questlines, but I'm starting to sense that there may be a lack of activities/mini-games for players to engage in. If someone has any tips, advice, and information which you can offer for things to do in the current state of the game, it all would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    delcore wrote: »
    Hi,

I just started playing ESO about roughly two days ago. I went ahead and purchased the Gold Edition and Imperial Upgrade. As of right now, I'm having a bit of fun playing the DLC questlines, but I'm starting to sense that there may be a lack of activities/mini-games for players to engage in. If someone has any tips, advice, and information which you can offer for things to do in the current state of the game, it all would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Not much activities/mini-games, the dlc has a lot of pretty fun quests including dailies, the gold coast ones is nice, this included the world boss daily quests.
    I recommend doing the main and faction quests they are pretty good but pretty solo player like unlike more of the dlc content.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a new player, your main goals should be:
    - Doing quests to level up your character and skills
    - Exploring zones and following the story lines of the quests there
    - Experimenting with different skills to begin developing a rotation you're comfortable with
    - Collecting and experimenting with different gear sets

Stuff to do along the way:
    - Develop crafting skills and hunt for crafting materials
    - Fishing
    - Theiving (pickpocket, lockboxes, other containers)
    - Repeatable quests from: Fighter's Guild, Mage's Guild, Theive's Guild, Dark Brotherhood, eventually Undaunted
    - Dueling with friends who are also low level
  • ARIES SERPICO
    ARIES SERPICO
    ✭✭
    Enjoy the gamse and don't feel rushed to endgame content, it will come. Also try and find a couple guilds that can't help you along the way
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This depends entirely on what kind of player you are. Do you enjoy PvP? Roleplay? Running daily dungeons? Crafting? Using the in-game economy to rack up gold? Decorating an in-game house? Exploring large maps to find hidden locations and treasure chests? Earning ridiculously difficult PvE achievements like catching all the fish in the game?

There is a lot to do in this game... it all depends what niche of player you fall into to figure out what will appeal most to you. For now, just keep questing and exploring, and make sure to head to one of the main factions at one point, since the DLC zones are only the tip of the iceberg, when it comes to content.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends what you mean by "mini games". Most of the game is questing, with often very interesting story to back it up, but the actual quests aren't very different in nature usually, go there, do this, kill that, come back and talk to me for your reward etc. There're a few puzzles here and there but most of them are ridiculously easy(catering to lowest common denominator I guess), then there're TG quests which are largely oriented around sneaking, stealing and pickpocketing so that's different if it's your kind of thing; there're also quite a few quests of this type in Morrowind it seems. DB I assume is about murdering poor npcs, I haven't done that because it's not my type of thing.

There're heaps of lorebooks you can read, some of them are actually really funny/interesting, there're a lot of non combat achievements such as, for example, finding M'aiq in every zone of the base game, getting a drink for the Undaunted in every zone of the base game, finding all the shrine of <stuff> in Morrowind, finding all the Ancestral Tombs in Morrowind, finding all of the relics in Wrothgar, finding and stealing all of the special treasures on Kari's hit list from every zone, etc. Finding skyshards can be really fun if you're into puzzles - don't use addons or Google, open up hints and try to find skyshards based on the hints. It's entirely possible and actually really fun. Same attitude works with treasure maps(tho some are nigh impossible without Google, no clue how people have found them to begin with).

That aside it's just good old questing, group PvE(dungeons/trials) and PvP, but sounds like that's not what you were asking about.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    delcore wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks!

Another fan of mini-games :smiley:

The game has the mechanics and even many graphics for racing and gambling but we're still waiting. Hopefully not for much longer. There is a lot to do for questing and exploration, including repeatable daily quests.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just take your paws in the direction they wish to go yes and see what you can find.

Interesting quests, friendly taverns, random dance parties, delicious loot, occasional festivals, honest and trustworthy khajiit - all these and more are out there in Tamriel.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoy dlc quests and dailies which can give decent rewards for you.
    Other than that, an effective way to level up would also be just run around the provinces doing the quests and going off path discovering and sight seeing :p