The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Battlegrounds an light armor

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried a Light armor build on my sorc and my stamina got wrecked just with a few blocks or just sprinting a bit.

A sorc isn't ment to block or dodge roll. Simply to break free from cc shields are for spamming when people throw hard abilities.

Sorcs are a very different class than the others. High damage high mobility and a good tank.

Sorcs are good for the reason that their play style with this game is alot different alot of players. Big world high mobility I honestly miss being able to streak across cyro all day and still have plenty of magicka left

That was actually my very first experience in Cyrodiil ever.

I saw this blue light WAY in the distance and went into hide mode.

This was when summoned pets did not also hide.

This blue bolt just kept coming and straight in my direction, but I need not worry I'm in stealth.

Suddenly he's on me! I cast ward!

A Kamehameha comes from his right hand - done, there was no battlespirit

The bolt disappeared as he appeared over the hill within seconds
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing right now a light magicka templar without shields and with bloodspawn. Currently DW \ destro, but thinking about snb and destro just for shield ult, which is great for self defence.
    Sustain is better than in heavy but honestly non CP magplar DD has a hard time to be solo
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • DEATHquidox
    DEATHquidox
    ✭✭✭
    Trittium wrote: »
    Hey guys,

So I've been playing the battlegrounds on live as a MagWarden DPS (And in PTS, but as my MagBlade instead). I've always hated playing full heavy armor, so I stick generally to 5 light, 2 heavy for PvP. On my Magblade, it's not too much of an issue. But on my warden, I can't even heal through a 1v1 with my Tree ult and HoTs rolling. I'm so very squishy even running the Major ward / spell resist buff they have on top of the 8% damage reduction morph with peels and shields. I'm so discouraged at this point that I'm actually giving in and going to run 5 heavy.

I just wanted to point it out to anyone that is going to try and run 5-7 light armor on a magwarden for PvP that you're going to be insanely squishy compared to Sorc or NB, so if you want to run this as a full glass cannon, then don't worry about stacking resists, just go all out. If you can make it work somehow, PLEASE tell me how, because this is pathetic.

I would grab the resto staff and use the ult from that honestly its the best in the game for a heal for a magicka build hands down with a resto bar. I've heard wardens healing is off par by far sadly, I'd say change a few things around to fix it because it does have its ups and it's downs to say the least
  • DEATHquidox
    DEATHquidox
    ✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    I love advises like "play more offensively". Every stamina character or magicka sorc or magicka nb will outplay you just because they have more toys to be agressive. Goodluck being offensive with minecamper sorc or mNB spamming roots and running like there is no tomorrow. Or jumping stamblade that uses shadow and backstabbing properly.

Y
    I tried a Light armor build on my sorc and my stamina got wrecked just with a few blocks or just sprinting a bit.

A sorc isn't ment to block or dodge roll. Simply to break free from cc shields are for spamming when people throw hard abilities.

Sorcs are a very different class than the others. High damage high mobility and a good tank.

Sorcs are good for the reason that their play style with this game is alot different alot of players. Big world high mobility I honestly miss being able to streak across cyro all day and still have plenty of magicka left

That was actually my very first experience in Cyrodiil ever.

I saw this blue light WAY in the distance and went into hide mode.

This was when summoned pets did not also hide.

This blue bolt just kept coming and straight in my direction, but I need not worry I'm in stealth.

Suddenly he's on me! I cast ward!

A Kamehameha comes from his right hand - done, there was no battlespirit

The bolt disappeared as he appeared over the hill within seconds

Oh yeah the good ole days hahahaha, that's when ball of lighting lasted for 6 seconds instead of 2 or whatever it is now. Like 2.5 secs
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trittium wrote: »
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Your trying to play a light armor build LIKE a heavy armor build is your problem.

Imagine a medium armored user not dodge rolling and not using shuffle, but trying to use resto staff bubble...wont work.

Mag builds in light armor by the class WITHOUT RESTO SKILLS:

Mag sorcs use two shields shields, they have *** for heals, but do have pet heal and ctir damage heal

Magblades use one shield, a hot, cloak, and dodge chance skill.

Magdks use one shield, a hot, flappy wings and mitigation

Magplars can use one shield and BOL, and mitigation.

Magwarden use one shield, hots, and mitigation.

The shield all classes use? Annulment...its our shuffle so to speak. Use it. Effective against all builds. Best against magick builds. Cast your hot, cast mitigation buffs, spam shields when under heavy pressure.

My experience as a light armored magplar, i accually stopped using BOL, i use resto shield and harness magick. Resto shield give you more shield than BOL can heal you for, even though shields take full damage, they cannot be crit against. Which makes for extremely strong defense. Also you get a small heal upfront and a larger heal than with BOL...

See, I actually am using Healing ward and Dampen Magic for defensives, combined with healing and the Ice fortress for resistances. Even with all that I'm still far more squishy than the other light armor roles I play with less defensives.

vines is very strong in combination with harness/dampen.. I've been playing without resto or direct heals on my mag warden... just harness+vines.. and it works quite well... ofcourse whatever you do, you'll still be a very weak sorc with smaller shields, less burst and no real execute... but at least it's challenging/fun to play..