The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How to Resurrect With No Animation

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know how it works, just kill them and move on instead of trying to call something an exploit that isn't.
    I bet you have no trouble at all stealthing out on a dead body waiting to gank someone who tries to rez them.
    This is war not Parcheesi.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I know how it works, just kill them and move on instead of trying to call something an exploit that isn't.
    I bet you have no trouble at all stealthing out on a dead body waiting to gank someone who tries to rez them.
    This is war not Parcheesi.

The replies in this thread seem to be mixed whether it is an exploit or not.

I guess it doesn't really matter what we think - it's been submitted and I'll probably never know where it goes.

I don't just go on a witch hunt for people doing questionable things hence why no proof is posted here (not allowed anyways).

From what I've read in this thread on top of the nasty response I got from the player when I told them what I saw on my screen, I'm content with my submission.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Saw this the other day as well on NA PS4. I was waiting on the animation with a heavy attack venom arrow to stop the resurrection. The guy just stood there some I kept holding waiting. Then the guy on the ground got up. I killed both of them but still.

You killed them as most would, so where was their advantage?
    You won't be holding heavy bow attack after Morrowind drops on PS4 as it will fire when charged.

They wouldn't have even gotten the player up if there was an animation. I would have interrupted it. Instead I got a 2v1 that lasted a minute or two. Wasn't an issue for this particular instance. When I start getting outnumbered and can't even stop the Rez because it doesn't show him doing anything it will become a problem. I run venom arrow specifically to stop this. But can't see the timing needed. So I might waste precious seconds hitting someone that isn't doing anything then the moment I look away he's is back up. Another blow to small scale open world pvp.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »
    Almariel wrote: »
    If it's done correctly, you can stay in stealth(sneak) while ressurrecting a player. Probably not intentional but you can.

probably not intentional... so its exploiting

wow - do people just call ANYTHING exploiting these days? Something that doesn't even give a real gameplay benefit and instead just visually looks weird lol.

Besides I have had it before where I revive people and the stream of light between my hand and their body doesn't appear, my guys doesn't do the pose or anything - the only indication I have of the fact I'm reviving is that the progress bar still shows up on my screen.

I doubt this is an exploit - and realistically there's no reason being able to revive in stealth is unfair - if anything that should be a mechanic to begin with so people can be legit combat medics.

With crushing shock, venom arrow people can instantly interrupt someone from resurrecting their allies from 41 meters. Tell me how is stealth ressing isnt exploiting.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thought they 'fixed' it so resurrecting another player brought you out of stealth?
    Is the exploit working around that or did it never happen.

answered I guess by kyle.wilson

Edited by Goshua on May 27, 2017 4:18AM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Goshua wrote: »
    Thought they 'fixed' it so resurrecting another player brought you out of stealth?
    Is the exploit working around that or did it never happen.

answered I guess by kyle.wilson

Yeah whatever it is I saw it again tonight. Maybe not an exploit, maybe not a bug, maybe just lag? Lag makes things really creepy sometimes.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    lagrue wrote: »
    Almariel wrote: »
    If it's done correctly, you can stay in stealth(sneak) while ressurrecting a player. Probably not intentional but you can.

probably not intentional... so its exploiting

wow - do people just call ANYTHING exploiting these days? Something that doesn't even give a real gameplay benefit and instead just visually looks weird lol.

Besides I have had it before where I revive people and the stream of light between my hand and their body doesn't appear, my guys doesn't do the pose or anything - the only indication I have of the fact I'm reviving is that the progress bar still shows up on my screen.

I doubt this is an exploit - and realistically there's no reason being able to revive in stealth is unfair - if anything that should be a mechanic to begin with so people can be legit combat medics.

With crushing shock, venom arrow people can instantly interrupt someone from resurrecting their allies from 41 meters. Tell me how is stealth ressing isnt exploiting.

I didn't get the vibe from OP That he was stalking about stealth ressing in the first place I got the vibe he was talking about animations not showing properly - but it came up, and honestly like I said, I believe it should be a mechanic - the fact that you can't stealth revive doesn't make much sense to me, but hey, whatever. The fact ressing can be interrupted with a single hit sounds pretty damn cheap to me. Alot more than somebody resurrecting in stealth - which if you have eyes, you can see them doing it.
    Edited by lagrue on May 27, 2017 4:55AM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"