The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How to Resurrect With No Animation

brandonv516
brandonv516
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Got a video of a guy resurrecting his team member earlier and he did not have an animation for the action.

When my magelight discovered him, he was just standing there and his teammate got up and ran away.

Obviously no name and shame so that's all I got.

Is this a result of animation cancelling? This is either some crafty exploiting or a random bug. Happened on console.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't animation cancel a channel (like res) or it cancels the action.

More likely as he was hidden the game didn't generate the animations for you.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's done correctly, you can stay in stealth(sneak) while ressurrecting a player. Probably not intentional but you can.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    You can't animation cancel a channel (like res) or it cancels the action.

More likely as he was hidden the game didn't generate the animations for you.
    Or an visual bug like sometimes then you teleport you don't animate.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Almariel
    Almariel
    ✭✭✭
    If it's done correctly, you can stay in stealth(sneak) while ressurrecting a player. Probably not intentional but you can.

probably not intentional... so its exploiting

@Sevryiel - daheim auf dem PC-EU Server
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almariel wrote: »

It's exploiting... so nothing will be done about it. :tongue:

"Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Need the video, would be hard to say anything about your experience without it.

Did you camp the corpse and have it in sight the whole time?

The process was probably completed when you discovered them and all the dead dude had left to do was to accept the res.

Edited by Goshua on May 26, 2017 9:11AM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Goshua wrote: »
    Need the video, would be hard to say anything about your experience without it.

Did you camp the corpse and have it in sight the whole time?

The process was probably completed when you discovered them and all the dead dude had left to do was to accept the res.

Yep I was looking for the animation the entire time and nothing was showing.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How can an player know its not intentional to sneak while resurrecting?
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wow - do people just call ANYTHING exploiting these days? Something that doesn't even give a real gameplay benefit and instead just visually looks weird lol.

Besides I have had it before where I revive people and the stream of light between my hand and their body doesn't appear, my guys doesn't do the pose or anything - the only indication I have of the fact I'm reviving is that the progress bar still shows up on my screen.

I doubt this is an exploit - and realistically there's no reason being able to revive in stealth is unfair - if anything that should be a mechanic to begin with so people can be legit combat medics.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you see a guy not animating resurrecting his buddy and instead of just killing him you chicken out and make a video.
    Gotta watch out for you killers with cameras! lol
    Edited by TequilaFire on May 26, 2017 11:28AM
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an exploit to self ress withput animation in IC.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So who made up the rule it is wrong to rez from stealth?
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lagrue wrote: »

wow - do people just call ANYTHING exploiting these days? Something that doesn't even give a real gameplay benefit and instead just visually looks weird lol.

Besides I have had it before where I revive people and the stream of light between my hand and their body doesn't appear, my guys doesn't do the pose or anything - the only indication I have of the fact I'm reviving is that the progress bar still shows up on my screen.

I doubt this is an exploit - and realistically there's no reason being able to revive in stealth is unfair - if anything that should be a mechanic to begin with so people can be legit combat medics.

you're joking right? not being able to see enemy players rezing their dead doesn't have any gameplay benefit? lol
    considering the number of abilities ZO$ have changed so they break stealth I'd say they disagree.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

Well in this case they can't, which with my joking aside is why I don't think ZOS will deem it an exploit, I was more just poking fun.

In regards to how a player could know, if ZOS got off their butts and maintained a known exploits list like other games have been known to do.

Once again I reference this same page: https://support.eveonline.com/hc/en-us/articles/204873262-Known-Declared-Exploits

Neatly explains what is and isn't an exploit especially regarding the issues they can't just patch out.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe when you got there, the dead player was already resurrected (and he had the timing wheel) and was waiting for the right moment to get up, while his mate was waiting hidden to check on nearby enemies.

This maybe be why you didn't see any animation.

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My magplar with all the passives resurrects people so fast it would be easy to miss the animation.
    The fact that the animation didn't play from stealth is not the player's fault or responsibility, too many witch hunters in this game.
    Edited by TequilaFire on May 26, 2017 11:49AM
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love when people throw the term "exploiting" around like it is harmless...

This is in essence an animation cancel. It's a simple button combo to be pressed when resurrecting from stealth that allows you to stay stealthed and hides the beam. Just another small gameplay quirk that improves efficiency. Either zos notices it and fixes it, or simply allows it to stay in the game (they are more than likely already aware) like the did with combat animation cancelling.
    Edited by React on May 26, 2017 1:41PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

Because about a year and a half ago, ZoS actually changed it so that resurrecting another player would reveal you at the start of the animation, instead of the end of the animation. Patch note and all included.

There was an uproar about how it will kill small man and only help the zerg. You know, the usual.
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Invis pot before you rez
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mustard wrote: »
    Invis pot before you rez

This guy is good, dont spill secrets nub.
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can reso while hidden.

Shouldn't be considered an exploit as its been a 'feature' in ESO for 1 year+.
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you can animation cancel it in 3 different ways.

No, it's not an exploit.

If you see people doing something that you don't know it doesn't mean it's an exploit like the diamonds in this thread want you to believe.
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • Hoked_on_ponix
    Hoked_on_ponix
    ✭✭✭
    This is supper easy to do on consoles, all you have to do is put your weapon away and during the animation go for the resurrection. Quite simple. Helps a ton when you get zerged down and you go to res a buddy.
  • jameson71
    jameson71
    ✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    I love when people throw the term "exploiting" around like it is harmless...

This is in essence an animation cancel. It's a simple button combo to be pressed when resurrecting from stealth that allows you to stay stealthed and hides the beam. Just another small gameplay quirk that improves efficiency. Either zos notices it and fixes it, or simply allows it to stay in the game (they are more than likely already aware) like the did with combat animation cancelling.

Care to share the button combo? I'd really like to "improve my efficiency."
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saw this the other day as well on NA PS4. I was waiting on the animation with a heavy attack venom arrow to stop the resurrection. The guy just stood there some I kept holding waiting. Then the guy on the ground got up. I killed both of them but still.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It could be kags on a templar, or on a nightblade who used cloak beforehand. I've seen both, and a templar specifically wearing kags with the alliance war passive has a .5 second res time. Food for thought.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on May 26, 2017 2:18PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    Saw this the other day as well on NA PS4. I was waiting on the animation with a heavy attack venom arrow to stop the resurrection. The guy just stood there some I kept holding waiting. Then the guy on the ground got up. I killed both of them but still.

You killed them as most would, so where was their advantage?
    You won't be holding heavy bow attack after Morrowind drops on PS4 as it will fire when charged.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Xbox one it happens quite often in dungeon groups or trials. I never have thought to it working in PvP.

I just thought it was something we did in groups so we didn't aggro. Sadly if it's not intended for PvP then ZeniMax needs to change how the resurrection works and not allow us to hide first and then Rez while technically being hidden.

What I'm saying is any cast or weapon action and skill would need to always remove stealth cause when I do it....it's simply....hide, wait till eye closes and adjust cursor and cast Rez.

The same can be said about a Nightblade fan or just a simple heavy weapon attack from a bow.

When I'm in PvP....very seldom, it's very often that another enemy players animations don't show if hidden until after they hit me or a player near me. Basically that's what's going on....you don't see anything until after the Rez "hits" but not upon the initial cast animation which oddly does show to them.

Seems just a design decision and if ppl feel it's cheating....maybe it needs to be changed.

Shrug
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on May 26, 2017 2:30PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a video of a guy resurrecting his team member earlier and he did not have an animation for the action.

When my magelight discovered him, he was just standing there and his teammate got up and ran away.

Obviously no name and shame so that's all I got.

Is this a result of animation cancelling? This is either some crafty exploiting or a random bug. Happened on console.

ZOS has tried to eliminate the ability to rez while invisible. In October 2015 they thought they fixed it. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2398834#Comment_2398834
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/223841/last-but-not-least-nerf-that-will-kill-smallscale/p1

Anyone that is rezing invisible knows the bug, but they will play dumb. Exploiting a glitch or bug is still against the TOS.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So you see a guy not animating resurrecting his buddy and instead of just killing him you chicken out and make a video.
    Gotta watch out for you killers with cameras! lol

Actually it's real simple and doesn't impede combat to get a clip made on Xbox. Nice try though.