The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

JUWELRY CRAFTING IN 2017?

Sheey
Sheey
✭✭✭✭
This is a serious issue, because there are players out there like me not running best inslot gear, not running proc sets like lich and syrbane. But those players have a huge disadvantage because there isn't juwelry for seducer and crafted sets in general. Please Zenimax, my dream come true.

OR

give crafted set only users dynamic ultimate to compensate the disadvantage ;)

Edited by Sheey on May 25, 2017 10:33PM
  • Myyth
    Myyth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your spelling of jewelry is a serious issue
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sheey wrote: »
    This is a serious issue, because there are players out there like me not running best inslot gear, not running proc sets like lich and syrbane. But those players have a huge disadvantage because there isn't juwelry for seducer and crafted sets in general. Please Zenimax, my dream come true.

OR

You just said you aren't running best in slot.

Sounds like this is a pvp problem.
  • oSemaj
    oSemaj
    ✭✭✭
    If jewelry* crafting was a thing it would break the game because my hybrid NB wearing julianos and hundings would be too much for the game too handle. sarcasm/
    Xbox One NA
    Gamertag: oSemaj
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know why jewelry crafting can't be introduced, possibly as a reward for top level crafters.

And adding jewelry items to the crafted sets would not be out of place, considering they have set a precedent by introducing dropped sets which contain jewelry as well as armour/weapons.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OR

Jewelry crafting will not come. They removed the buggy travesty it was in alpha and opted to make jewelry the rare needed drop for sets.same with spell crafting and when you ask the game director he simply states" we would one day like to but there is no ETA for that." In short he means i fired all the high dollar talented devs so i could give myself a raise and no were in milk mode.
    Edited by Wifeaggro13 on May 25, 2017 11:51PM
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Doesnt even have to be a top pevel reward just add it in make 3 traits and make having 1 trait be the same as 3 traits normal gear crafting so when you have healthy robust and arcane its the same as having 9 traits and make the material a very uncommon harvest from metal nodes and get gold dust refine it to a gold chunck use x ammount to make a level whatever ring
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I freaking hope so. One of the biggest things missing in game for me. Along with spellcrafting.
  • GDOFWR420
    GDOFWR420
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just imagine everyone would run tbs with either hundings or julionos ,wouldn't be very much diversity I would think. Except guys that don't wear bis.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always thought Jewelry crafting really should be added. I mean, I can see how it might not be a complete standalone crafting line all by itself, considering it has only two things to craft... though that should be no hindrance. After all, it -could- either be beefed up by new things a jeweler might craft, or be added to enchanting (which would also solve the question of crafting stations)...
  • FastBen
    FastBen
    ✭✭✭
    Or at least to be able to improve the quality...
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No please!

Just no!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be clear that crafting isn't very high on their list. The lack of competitive crafted sets apart from the usual culprits (Seducer, TBS, Julianos, Hundings) is proof enough. The long awaited master crafting writs aren't salvaging this situation either. At the beginning of the game reaching 9 traits on everything was special and a goal to strive for because overland sets were not much better and the 6 to 9 trait set Tier had really good sets. Now it's just the question of do I want to farm or can I buy that great overland set. It's a shame really because with the abundance of motifs we could do some really great looking stuff now.
    Edited by Feanor on May 26, 2017 8:32AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myyth wrote: »
    Your spelling of jewelry is a serious issue

if u understood what he means no problem at all... I dont understand that here is full of Grammar teacher....
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    oSemaj wrote: »
    If jewelry* crafting was a thing it would break the game because my hybrid NB wearing julianos and hundings would be too much for the game too handle. sarcasm/

Actually it would be great for hybrids, because there are a couple crafted sets that are just made for hybrids and combining them might actually make it viable. They even added a new one in Morrowind.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OR

Jewelry crafting will not come. They removed the buggy travesty it was in alpha and opted to make jewelry the rare needed drop for sets.same with spell crafting and when you ask the game director he simply states" we would one day like to but there is no ETA for that." In short he means i fired all the high dollar talented devs so i could give myself a raise and no were in milk mode.
    How did it work in beta?
    I imagine you would be able to craft jewelry for the crafted sets, either as an new skill or bundle it under smiting perhaps.
    you would have to research the traits however its just 3 for jewelry and just ring and amulet.

Might not enable upgrade of jewelry, you make it in the quality you want so you can not upgrade green overland drops to purple or gold.

Main benefit would be that it would give crafted set more of an flex spot, Currently its common to run one dungeon / overland set for jewelry and one crafted for weapons.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Code2501
    Code2501
    ✭✭✭✭
    GDOFWR420 wrote: »
    Just imagine everyone would run tbs with either hundings or julionos ,wouldn't be very much diversity I would think. Except guys that don't wear bis.

Theres one in every thread...
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Julianos + TBS + Monster set? Sounds fun, but kinda lazy. Or there must be some serious price for crafting ring/neck.
  • Makato
    Makato
    ✭✭✭
    Jewelry crafting would be nice if it was limited to weapons and jewelry only (shields aswell) and not on existing sets , since i assume jewelry crafting will allow ppl to craft the trait they want to the set they want. Nice idea tho :smile:
    PC/EU
    All factions all classes
    Autocorrect does not care bout what i write so i don't care bout my spelling
    LIZZURD IS LOVE LIZZURD IS LIFE !
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makato wrote: »
    Jewelry crafting would be nice if it was limited to weapons and jewelry only (shields aswell) and not on existing sets , since i assume jewelry crafting will allow ppl to craft the trait they want to the set they want. Nice idea tho :smile:

This ^
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not existing crafted sets?
    Note they would still not be bis, however it would make them stronger and you could run with dungeon / trial set + weapon and jewelry from crafted set
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • jeevin
    jeevin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna happen because of GRIND.
  • Makato
    Makato
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Note they would still not be bis, however it would make them stronger and you could run with dungeon / trial set + weapon and jewelry from crafted set

I think it would make them to powerful , since u can already choose the weight / trait for every crafted piece with u can't for dropped sets , lich isn't gonna drop healthy/heavy pieces , VO isn't gonna drop arcane/light pieces.
    So why make crafted ---> the easiest to get if u are/know a master crafted stronger than dropped sets in terms of diversity :neutral: .
    I like the idea but crafted jewels on existing sets would be too strong in comparison to the dropped and even in some cases dropped endgame sets.
    Not to mention that you will be able to craft them gold if they ever come wich will make em even more powerful.
    PC/EU
    All factions all classes
    Autocorrect does not care bout what i write so i don't care bout my spelling
    LIZZURD IS LOVE LIZZURD IS LIFE !
  • ZakuBeta
    ZakuBeta
    ✭✭✭
    I kind of thought that the RNG sets were overall better than the crafted. Adding jewelry crafting, at least to my mind, would level the playing field a bit. Cause right now, if you aren't running a found set, you suck. I refuse to buy them, and don't have the time to grind them, so I am left behind in the power curve. If only my crafted sets were competitive.......
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the issues here is that it would render the Golden Vendors in Cyrodiil as useless - which would also remove a huge gold/ap sink - ZOS won't do it, even though they know we want it.

Oh well - those golden things hardly offer a statistical bonus worth caring about.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    juwrry*
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Umm, don't do that with dynamic ultimate. Bring it back altogether for everyone, why should people get punished by not having it if you're the one who can't be bothered to spend time farming gear or getting money to buy the gear...
    Before judging a man walk a mile in his shoes.
    After that who cares?
    They're a mile away and you've got their shoes.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

I think it would make them to powerful , since u can already choose the weight / trait for every crafted piece with u can't for dropped sets , lich isn't gonna drop healthy/heavy pieces , VO isn't gonna drop arcane/light pieces.
    So why make crafted ---> the easiest to get if u are/know a master crafted stronger than dropped sets in terms of diversity :neutral: .
    I like the idea but crafted jewels on existing sets would be too strong in comparison to the dropped and even in some cases dropped endgame sets.
    Not to mention that you will be able to craft them gold if they ever come wich will make em even more powerful.
    yes it would be an buff to crafted sets current benefit is sharpened weapons and as you say you can make various weights for pieces. however it would not change so much, rater than doing veteran dungeons for the purple jewelry you would have to farm more armor, this is a bit faster and easier but you still want the monster sets.
    Purple overland bis jewelry like necropotente goes for around 7k last I checked.
    If needed they might nerf some of the bis crafted set a bit or we get better drops.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With jewelry crafting they need to improve current crafted sets that are pretty much outdated.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As jewelry crafting is in every other MMO that I've ever played, what is the reason we don't have it in ESO?
  • FuriousFridge
    FuriousFridge
    ✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    I don't know why jewelry crafting can't be introduced, possibly as a reward for top level crafters.

And adding jewelry items to the crafted sets would not be out of place, considering they have set a precedent by introducing dropped sets which contain jewelry as well as armour/weapons.

Lol stop saying a reward for "top level" crafters your probaly the same person that says the change appearance option should be for top tier crafters as well. There is nothin special about crafting or being a master crafter.