Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Magica Sorc Advice

Hawco10
Hawco10
✭✭✭✭
Hi guys,
I just leveled a sorc as I've never tried one before. I have to say, the shields are underwhelming at best. I got hardened ward to 4 and put 80CP into bastion. I still die very quickly. I wear plasm and llambris and have 600 CP. my armor is a mixture of impen and divines. Should I be using dampen magical instead ? Can't help but feel that something isn't right as I've seen specs take a lot more damage than me before.
This is for PVP.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shield size is determined by max magicka. So if you want a big shield with Hardened Ward, stack max magicka sets/bonuses. Also, you can stack different shields in top of each other: Hardened Ward, Harness Magicka (a better choice than Dampen for regen against other magicka users), Healing Ward (when wounded). 75 points would be the max you'd ever want to put into Bastion, and remember that the other defense CP also make your shield more resistant too.

Really, though. Survival as a Sorc is more complex than just hitting a god-mode button and laughing at everyone. Mobility, offensive prrassure, timing your burst and reapplication of shields, along with making your skills, gear, and strategy all sync up well in whatever situation you encounter...all of that is important.