Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

do’s and don’ts of eso forum trolling…

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's simple, there are no Do's and Don'ts. Just don't.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one of the main points which made me want to be a member of this community was the geographic diversity amongst the participants...

without question there are a multitude of sub-cultures within the state's here - however, what I personally find more fascinating is the perspectives of those folks from other parts of the world...

I got a fairly decent handle on a lot of the thoughts and opinions of the folks here in the US, but, I appreciate the different perspective that being in a different place, with a different history, focus, future can provide...

a lot of times it's easy to think your right because you receive confirmation, affirmation of your beliefs from your environment (to an extent - a good portion of that created by ourselves)...your ideas can be reinforced all the time...

I really appreciate having the chance to better understand issues - not just strictly eso, but, broader, more universal themes also - from a wide spectrum of perspectives...

I can't remember exactly how the saying goes, but, something like: "when you stop growing, you start dying"...

hope everyone is having fun out there - spent the morning leveling my bosmer stam sorc before morrowind arrives here on the consoles...going though a bunch of the public dungeons - man, some of those bosses can be tough to find :)
    Edited by geonsocal on May 27, 2017 6:50PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Generally if you're trolling just to bait the wiser posted ignore you, or the mods shut your thread.

Some high brow trolling and trash posting seems to work well though. I generally try to only do this in threads where people are being annoyingly ignorant or just posted rage threads without any constructive input.

That said I do also do my best to answer all questions I see and give advice to those who ask in a decent way. Although from my understanding of what I heard about me I am basically Marmite on these forums.
    You can count on @Turelus for actual feedbacks/inputs on anything and also for your trolling pleasures while keeping things inline and civil.

All heil @Turelus! I mean hail.
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
    Options
  • CaptainBeerDude
    CaptainBeerDude
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @geonsocal

There is an art to trolling not all that dissimilar from taunting an athlete at a ball game.

For example: You don't ever want to be the loud, swearing in front of children moron at a ballgame because it can (rightfully so) get you kicked from the park. So if you want to push someone's buttons it's better to do something witty. I once told Met's reliever Joe Smith that he was so mediocre his parents couldn't even be bothered to give him a real name. So, like anything it's mostly in the delivery.

That said, it's no fun to troll people who can't take jokes ... actually yes it is ... but they are often too easy of targets. Like the earlier person who stated that anyone trolling has mental problems. Or essentially any post that @Rikkof has ever made.

But, some people just like that delicious low hanging fruit.
    Options
  • Yarlenzey
    Yarlenzey
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    howdy @Yarlenzey ...seeing how our different perspective on "trolling" was what got me thinking about this whole subject - thought i'd reach out to get your perspective in greater detail...

i'd like to hear what you consider trolling...

and, how acceptable is it really to kid or joke with strangers in a public setting...

or, if you like - you could simply comment on the nature of my emotional/mental stability as well as my current habitation habits...
    Vasoka wrote: »
    Judging by the way OP writes and the things he says I think it's rather safe to state that it's a very socially disturbed and lonely individual who's probably writing from his basement.

that would be okay too :)

(in the distance, a dog barked....)
    I got suspenders for saying "Testicular Mass" instead of "Balls". like, rilly.

Options