The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NEW [BUG] In Forum Software After Most Recent Maintenance

Shadowshire
Shadowshire
✭✭✭✭
Congrats! You're still doing it wrong -- breaking a feature that was working flawlessly before the most recent "forum maintenance". Are there industrial saboteurs on the ZOS payroll, or does it just look like there are?

For years I have customarily used the Firefox 50.0.3 (32-bit) Tab Mix add-on option to open a new browser tab for an original post in the Bug Report section of the forum. After reading the OP and any ensuing discussion, I might post a reply and close the tab, or simply close the tab if there isn't anything I want to write. When I close the tab, Firefox returns me to the tab from which the new tab was opened. Or, I should say, Firefox + Tab Mix has done that several thousand times without any problems on hundreds of website forums. Then ZOS performed "maintenance" on its forum software.

Now, when I close the new tab, expecting to return to the primary tab which lists the Original Posts in the Bug Reports section, either (1) it works as expected, approximately 1/3 of the time, or (2) both the secondary tab which displayed the posts on that topic, and the primary tab are closed, approximately 2/3 of the time. When the primary tab is closed, oddly enough, it is not added to the Tab Mix Plus feature "Display Closed Tabs List". If it were, then I would be able to re-open the Bug Report topic page immediately. It is as if it never existed at all.

Go figure.

Note: If memory serves Firefox 50.0.3 was upgraded during the week of May 7 - May 13 or perhaps the following week. Tab Mix Plus was updated on May 10, 2017. The forum maintenance was performed on Sunday 14 May 2017. The problem with returning to an originating tab began afterward.
Edited by Shadowshire on May 24, 2017 12:52AM
--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi