The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Worthgar: A Cold Wind from the Mountain - Broken Since Morrowind go live

Daeymon
Daeymon
✭✭
Unable to advance this quest when within Coldwind's Tomb. You pick up the first offering, place it in the correct bowl. A scripted sequence occurrs, but then the other offerings do not become available to pick up. Only the remaining bowls are interactable with the offering you should of already placed. Without being able to pick up the other three offerings, the quest cannot be advanced.
  • Kharnamatic
    Kharnamatic
    ✭✭✭
    I will confirm this. Wanted to unlock the bear costume for my warden, but rip to those plans because of this bug.
    Options
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes, I submitted a ticket for it. Didnt work yesterday after Morrowind release, but did work on the weekend before. sigh.
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
    Options
  • Siks
    Siks
    I am also unable to pick up the items after the first one.
    'Siks - Nord - EP
    Magicka Sorc - Dark Elf - AD
    PC - EU - @Siksx
    Options
  • Dux042
    Dux042
    ✭✭
    Can confirm this. Submitted a ticket.
    Options
  • cunniferb14_ESO
    cunniferb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Could really use developer response for this thread.
    Options
  • MelLovesDrPepper
    MelLovesDrPepper
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing happens to me :(
    Options
  • cunniferb14_ESO
    cunniferb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Any updates?
    Options
  • anthillmobb14a_ESO
    anthillmobb14a_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I've had the same problem as well.
    Options
  • spearmiint
    spearmiint
    Soul Shriven
    im having the same issue.
    Options
  • sykkoh
    sykkoh
    Soul Shriven
    So, a friend and I went to do this quest to see if it was fixed. When I did this solo, i was having the same issue as you, pick one item up, place it correctly and then you're stuck. But with a friend, we managed to pick up 2 things and place them correctly. I wonder if you get 4 people in a group, you can complete the quest?
    Options
  • cunniferb14_ESO
    cunniferb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm on the North American Server, would anyone like to group and try the above suggestion?
    Options
  • sykkoh
    sykkoh
    Soul Shriven
    PC, right? i've got a group of 3 already if you want to join
    Options
  • sykkoh
    sykkoh
    Soul Shriven
    Just to update, trying with 3 people in the group gave 3 items. Just waiting for a 4th to join the group and I think i've figured it out.
    Options
  • BigKup
    BigKup
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the exact same issue. I submitted a ticket, but the response I got was less than helpful. To be honest, I don't think they even read the ticket I submitted.

This is the response I got:
    Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is_____, and it's my pleasure to assist you today.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:A_Cold_Wind_from_the_Mountain This link has the answers you're looking for

The Elder Scrolls Online Support Team assists players with in-game issues such as bugged quests, lost items, and harassment from other players, but we are unable to provide detailed information about game mechanics or quest walkthroughs.
    For general gameplay or quest information, there are numerous unofficial fan-made wikis available online:
    UESP (The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages)
    Wikia
    Fextralife
    Gamepedia
    Please note that we do not officially endorse or support these wikis, and that you use the above wikis and the information contained within them at your own risk. It is also possible that the information on the above sites may be incorrect, and we cannot guarantee the validity of the information found there.

In addition, you can discuss your question with the community in the official Elder Scrolls Online forums, and a New Player Guide can be found here. The Elder Scrolls Online forum also has a large Player Guides section that features player-made gameplay guides, character builds, and more.

Thank you for your continued interest and support! If you have further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us again!
    Until then, Best wishes!

Your friendly customer support khajiit,
    _____
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
    Options
  • cunniferb14_ESO
    cunniferb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Guys to get around this bug, you need to join a party with 3 other players on the same quest. Upon reaching the room, each player needs to pick up a different item. The items will update in the party members quest bag and then you will be able to progress the quest.

TLDR: Get a party of 4 players on same quest, in Torgul's room each player needs to pick up a different item and place on corresponding cardinal point offering bowl.
    Options
  • SaraBellum
    SaraBellum
    Soul Shriven
    Guys to get around this bug, you need to join a party with 3 other players on the same quest. Upon reaching the room, each player needs to pick up a different item. The items will update in the party members quest bag and then you will be able to progress the quest.

TLDR: Get a party of 4 players on same quest, in Torgul's room each player needs to pick up a different item and place on corresponding cardinal point offering bowl.

Confirmed that this works. We did it with a group of 5. So as long as you have at least 4 it'll work.
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make sure it rains bug reports on this quest so it is not ignored. /bug away.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • Fuz
    Fuz
    ✭✭✭
    Have the same problem.

And finding a group of 3 other people for that one is pretty rare, and not a proper solution.
    Options
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    Hey everyone just want to let you know we are aware of this issue are looking into fixing it.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Fuz
    Fuz
    ✭✭✭
    Has this been fixed with today's patch?
    Options
  • Dux042
    Dux042
    ✭✭
    Well guys, quest has NOT been fixed with today's patch.(3.0.6) :-(

Doing it single played doesn't work, but when I joined with three other players, I could then progress the quest. We did the following:

* Each four players, was NOT in a group and collected our four different items. Then we grouped, and were ready to place our item.

* When placing an item, you should then see all four directions(NESW), before choosing one, which means the quest "works". Note, that you have to place each item(NESW) yourself. It doesn't help that the other team mates does it for you.

Hope this helps... :-)
    Options
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This quest can be completed by a group of two or more people who are on the quest.

Here are the steps to bypass the bug:
    1. Player 1 and Player 2 enter the tomb and talk to Torug to activate the items.
    2. Player 2 stands in the middle of the room, does not touch anything, and waits.
    3. Player 1 grabs an item and places it on the appropriate altar.
      • When an item is placed on the altar, all group members receive that item.
    4. Player 1 leaves the room to reset that quest step.
    5. Player 1 will repeat this process until Player 2 has each item.
    6. Player 2 will then place each item on its altar.
      • This will give each item to Player 1.
    7. Player 1 will then place each item on its altar.
    8. Both players are then able pick up the skull.

@King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
    Options
  • Fuz
    Fuz
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, they're gonna fix it next year.

If anyone wanna team up to do it, add me as a friend (PC EU).
    Options
  • Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭
    This is not a new issue. I remember this bug specifically from before thieves guild. If everyone gets it now maybe it has been balanced.
    CP630 AR20 PC EU, Alt Mag Sorc AD - Insomnicia Rex
    Options
  • Celurian
    Celurian
    ✭✭✭
    Bowser wrote: »
    This quest can be completed by a group of two or more people who are on the quest.

Here are the steps to bypass the bug:
    1. Player 1 and Player 2 enter the tomb and talk to Torug to activate the items.
    2. Player 2 stands in the middle of the room, does not touch anything, and waits.
    3. Player 1 grabs an item and places it on the appropriate altar.
      • When an item is placed on the altar, all group members receive that item.
    4. Player 1 leaves the room to reset that quest step.
    5. Player 1 will repeat this process until Player 2 has each item.
    6. Player 2 will then place each item on its altar.
      • This will give each item to Player 1.
    7. Player 1 will then place each item on its altar.
    8. Both players are then able pick up the skull.

Thank you very much! !it worked!
    Options
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope ZOS does not see the players grouping work around as a fix to the issue.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Options
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Confirming that this is still broken.

Confirming @Bowser suggestion for 2 players works.
    Options
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, ZOS, when this will be fixed? What is wrong with you? What a reason to add another paid mount instead of fixing bugs?
    Oh, wait, fixing this bug would require 2-days long maintenance probably, lol.
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
    Options
  • kharl08
    kharl08
    Any one of you guys wanna team up for this quest? (PC NA)
    Options
  • Herdis1987
    Herdis1987
    ✭✭
    Im still having an issue with this quest. Still bugged. :( This sucks.
    Options