The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Buy one month, get one month free ESO Plus membership deal. [Email]

JamieAubrey
JamieAubrey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
4942ac76bf97a5641fe881d44cecb021.png

Got this email to get a free month of ESO+ when I buy 1 month, which I did as I had to renew my subscription anyway so will this just be added when my current month runs out ?

On my account page it says
You have 29 days of ESO Plus™ time remaining on your PC/Mac account.
and
You will be charged on June 22, 2017 for £8.99GBP
Was just wondering how this will go about

EDIT: Just had a look at the email, might be a fake ? I wont post unless I'm asked to

Part of the email is teso_help@mailmw, and I knoe emails such as noreply@mail.elderscrollsonline.com are legit ones
Edited by JamieAubrey on May 23, 2017 12:12PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a good promo .
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a phishing deal to me. That should be an Oboros in the picture.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »

:( I was hoping for that free month, ahh well
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they are asking you for money.. yeah.. avoid it..

If its real, the link will take you to the account page at the top.. The deals they have, you enter an account code as you buy after logging in.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    This is probably legit. I, along with some other people, got this same offer a while back. My email looked almost exactly like that. It was mailed from ESO_Help@helpmail.elderscrollsonline.com. One way to possibly check if it's legit is to login to the support site (assuming the login button works ;) ) and look over to the right side of the page under RECENT CONTACTS. My back and forth with them via email about the offer shows up in that area of the support site. I don't know if it showed up after I replied to the email or not. You may have missed out though if you went ahead and renewed without contacting them first. As per the email, it says to reply to the email for more information.

How it went for me:
    • received offer via email
    • verified email legitimacy and replied that I was interested
    • received response telling me to renew my ESO+ and then reply back afterward
    • manually navigated to account site (did NOT follow link in email) and logged in and renewed
    • replied to email that I had renewed as instructed
    • received response that he would apply an additional 30 day code to my account
    • received automated response that a code was applied to my account
    • logged in to account page and verified that I received additional 30 days, profit!
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ignotus Nah its some dodgy looking email so I just avoided it
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they don't ask you to reply to mass mail for more information.

They'll refer you to the login page for your account or to a direct link on eso's site.

This is someone trying to get access to your account, your CC, or both.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Catnight
    Catnight
    ✭✭

If they are asking you for money.. yeah.. avoid it..

If its real, the link will take you to the account page at the top.. The deals they have, you enter an account code as you buy after logging in.

Never click on links from mails who might be spam! Most dangerous viruses come in your computer this way.
    Just to mention it.
    For me, the Mail looks quite real. No photoshop picture or grammar errors. There were serveral such incidents with mails like this in the past, which were stated to be real by the admins, but there could always be real spam. @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GinaBruno Maybe you should make announcements that such Mails are sent out.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's legit, I've gotten them before after canceling ESO+.
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, they don't ask you to reply to mass mail for more information.
    They'll refer you to the login page for your account or to a direct link on eso's site.
    This is someone trying to get access to your account, your CC, or both.
    This is not true. The information that I posted above about the sequence of steps is 100% accurate and I never clicked on a single link in the email.

@JamieAubrey
    Out of curiosity, what is the email address that it was sent from? Or, if you hit reply, what email address is it replying to? If you are using Gmail, you can click the little down arrow to get more information like in this pic here.
    RZBTHsR.png
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    Also, see this thread, where ZOS_AntonioP replied and said that the email in question for that particular user IS LEGIT. I'm not saying that ALL of these emails are legit and you won't get phished, but I am saying that this DOES happen legitimately.
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's an old thread about the same topic. It was legit back then. There are more threads like this, with more mails like this, and folks being able to claim the free month.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279725/legit-or-phishing-cross-post/p1

• JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignotus wrote: »
    snip

10d86162f77468859246a22dd29a8f47.png

Edited by JamieAubrey on May 23, 2017 12:37PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same when my sub lapsed in Dec.

When I came back in late Jan I emailed reaching out and was told I could have 1 month free if I ordered a 1 month or 3 month sub.
    I had however jumped the gun and purchased 6 again (because I play subbed and prefer bigger one time payments), they actually gave me 2 months free because I effectively did twice what was needed.

Once again reminded me ESO support are amazing.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    The OP in the thread linked by Yuls above, says that his email came from teso_help@mailmw.custhelp.com as well. ZOS_AntonioP confirmed in the thread that the email in question was legit. Mine was from a different address, but mine was also sent at a different time. The only other way that I know to put you at ease and verify for sure that it's legit would be to login at the support site and see if there is an incident for it. There was for mine and there was for the person in the other linked thread as well. Short of that, you'd have to wait for a ZOS employee to reply to this thread.

Here is where I saw it on the support site after I logged in there. The site is clearly having issues, but it's discernible. I just can't say if that was visible before I replied to the email.
    Z79lXPD.png
    Edited by Ignotus on May 23, 2017 12:58PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The email does not ask for a password, just a reply.

It is safe to reply to that email.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The email does not ask for a password, just a reply.

It is safe to reply to that email.

I'll shoot off a replay and see what happens