Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

expert shield bug

4.chernenkiyb16_ESO
4.chernenkiyb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
why is not working passive ability expert shield?
777.png
444.png
234.png
123.png

17548 res - 14208 = 3340= only shield def
this ability not working all time.
\\
the issue has been resolved
I did not think that the shield 1700 def ---_---"

Edited by 4.chernenkiyb16_ESO on May 22, 2017 9:45PM
  • OldGamerESO
    OldGamerESO
    ✭✭✭
    resist does not equal armor. Are you sure that 75% more armor on your shield is not equal to 3340 resist?
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirnhoned shields are stronger than the reinforced variant. I did the math & here is what I got:

Side note: the math done here is based on Champion 160 Legendary quality gear.

Reinforced Shield: 1720 + 16%= 1995 + 75%= 3491

Nirnhoned Shield: 1720 + 301= 2021 + 75%= 3536

The first sum for reinforced uses a C160 legendary quality shield (1720) then I add 16% percent to it since it is legendary which equals 1995, then I add 75% on top of that from the shield expert Champion passive & it finally equals 3491.

I do the same with nirnhoned except with a few key differences, instead of using a percentage value, It uses a flat number just like the Spell erosion/Piercing Champion skills, I add 301 to 1720 since legendary gear that possesses nirnhoned gets an extra 301 points, which equals 2021 (which is approximately a 26 point difference higher than reinforced.) then by adding 75% to it, you get a stunning 3536 points of armour on your shield which, compared to reinforced, there is a 45 point difference which can be a real game changer for those trying to survive in heavy armour with the old sword & board.

In conclusion: A Nirnhoned shield is literally every tanks best friend.
    If you see me anywhere. Know that I am sitting back with a bag of popcorn, watching as ESO burns the goodwill of its player base with practices that only disrespects the players time like it did to me and many others...

If a game does not respect your time, best thing to do is move on from it and find something else.