The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should Battlegrounds offer a CP option?

• Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This game doesn't have a large enough population to divide it up like that.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    makreth wrote: »
    An option is optional . No one has to play with cp if they don't want to . I don't want my progress taken away if it's still available in other areas of the game until there is some form of compensation of time . I would like a no five piece armor set battleground with no cp and no poisons . Player base skill only . I would not dream of forcing everyone to participate just because it's the most balanced . Just because we've had things stripped in the past does not mean all of us want to go through it over and over . Give options . Everyone pays for their own game and no one needs to force their playstyle .

@Rohamad_Ali Options are good but...take into consideration that BGs are only available for those who bought the expansion. Then with any additional option the queue will differ even more. That will result in the end in almost permanent-long (a bit of exaggeration) queue system if we are talking about equal matching system as you suggest.

I just find it odd in general that they have stated before they don't want PVP and PVE differentiations but I guess that was only for class abilities and tooltips (although I highly doubt that was the case only rather the work behind needed to do such system).

Most game companies cater to the majority not the minority . Forcing people to play something they don't want is just bad business . Regardless if that means longer wait times . McDonalds is not going to change the menu to hotdogs just because some of their customers want hotdogs . They may add a hotdog to the menu but their not going to remove what sells , the hamburgers . If these things are going to be a success then they need to take that into consideration . I'm already expecting these to be very unpopular within a month .
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, still is silly to have capped player's going against cp 300's lol so the decision was more logical to go no cp. I know people want to use their CP from a more selfish perspective but the same people rebuttal would be to tell the 300 cp person to play no cp.

Only way a CP BGS would work is if they capped everyone out, having mix matched power levels doesn't belong in any arena/battleground mode.

If you don't have enough CP to remain competitive, then play non-CP.

I hate this argument. Basically its suggesting the developers favor their casuals instead of the loyal players.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigES wrote: »
    No, still is silly to have capped player's going against cp 300's lol so the decision was more logical to go no cp. I know people want to use their CP from a more selfish perspective but the same people rebuttal would be to tell the 300 cp person to play no cp.

Only way a CP BGS would work is if they capped everyone out, having mix matched power levels doesn't belong in any arena/battleground mode.

If you don't have enough CP to remain competitive, then play non-CP.

I hate this argument. Basically its suggesting the developers favor their casuals instead of the loyal players.

Or put everyone on non cp, everyones on the same level.

Non cp fixes most of the imbalance issues in pvp.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think NonCP is more skill oriented.

Just my opinion.

I also understand there are a lot of players who want to be as strong as possible with CP to enhance their builds, but I personally like the play of NonCP for competitive reasons.

If they introduce CP BGs then NonCP BGs will be just like it is on every NonCP campaign on console - dead and worthless.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only way to get most players to play no CP is to force them.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    Oh! I don't mind a CP campaign or battlegrounds. But 630 champion points is really excessive. There's a player base that likes to see the power from the CP they earn, but the design is ridiculous. The champion points need to be forever capped at 160.

Edit: Or they need to have more meaningful nodes in the Champion Point System. Things like improve direct or DoT damage is really generic.
    Edited by JWillCHS on May 23, 2017 1:37AM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Draqone wrote: »
    No. I'd rather they commit to providing one, somewhat balanced PvP option rather than try to balance CP PvP, no-CP PvP and PvE at the same time.

Exactly. With the cp rebalances there is no reason anymore to divide the playerbase into different options. They should remove nonCP entirely as it directly contradicts their desire of one unified playing experience.

Just provide everyone with a secondary capped CP spec for cyrodiil and bgs.

@Joy_Division :joy:

With the CP changes, let's wait to see what happens. If hate to remove the option of nCP just to have CP meta be worse for balance.

Though I'm willing to bet CP has regained the crown on being the defacto competitive camp.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Draqone wrote: »
    No. I'd rather they commit to providing one, somewhat balanced PvP option rather than try to balance CP PvP, no-CP PvP and PvE at the same time.

Exactly. With the cp rebalances there is no reason anymore to divide the playerbase into different options. They should remove nonCP entirely as it directly contradicts their desire of one unified playing experience.

Just provide everyone with a secondary capped CP spec for cyrodiil and bgs.

@Joy_Division :joy:

With the CP changes, let's wait to see what happens. If hate to remove the option of nCP just to have CP meta be worse for balance.

Though I'm willing to bet CP has regained the crown on being the defacto competitive camp.

Cp will always bring imbalance to pvp.

The severe problems with pvp was because of the introduction of cp, pvp is so much better without it, you don't tanks running around with the best burst in the game.

You don't have permablockers spamming breath of life because if your clever enough you know how to drain them off their stamina (e.g. spamming dizzying won't do it) spam dots and weave to hits as many attack as possible for the 0.25s stam drain.

Sorc's shields aren't OP because they lose shield size because of no blue cp, they lose some because bastion and they lose some because of sustain changes.

The only issue i still see is cost poisons (which should be completely removed in non cp), purifying light/ power of the light (friendly players should only contribute 20% of their actual damage to the proc) and some proc sets.

Healing isn't insane anymore, people have lost crit chance, they have lost crit healing boosts from cp, they've lost blessed + quick recovery, they've lost base heals because of lowered stats, they've lost more healing because builds need more sustain and give up damage. This means even most magplars are only throwing out 5-6k breath of lifes.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...