The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Double bank space, sign that storage will never happen?

• Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ThePonzzz wrote: »
    Item storage in homes would create an unlimited source of space. I would not hold your breath for it. Only thing I hope for is to be able to put a regular item of any type on display in a home.

Maby if each item slot in a crate counted towards the max # of displayed items as well, so each house you buy could be just a storage holder while your main house is the decorated one
  • Bravesteel
    I'd say the best way to handle this would be to allow players to store items in containers in their homes, BUT those slots take up bank space, or they create a separate housing storage system (Ex. Vault Space) that can only be expanded through crowns.
  • MadLarkin
    MadLarkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    You folks who do not want to pay a subscription fee must understand you can't get everything for nothing. ZOS is in this for the money and its a business. You will never see free storage above what you get now unless you are an ESO Plus member.

Base Cost.
    Paid DLC.
    Expansive + Expensive Store.
    Crown Crates.
    Chapters.
    Subscription.

"...everything for nothing."
  • Draeconix
    Draeconix
    ✭✭
    I'd personally like to see storage in houses. It should be container based like ES4: Oblivion was. The Wizard Tower with the basement and all of the boxes was indispensable for me but then again there was no bank or banker. If they do housing storage by container they could limit the amount of slots per storage container and charge a fee for the containers. Maybe give ESO Plus members 2-3 containers to start and then allow purchasing of more. Additionally, they could make your housing storage only available when you are in the specific house, again like Oblivion. For example, I had every single dwelling in Oblivion before the Wizard Tower was released and used every one of them to stash things. Once I had the Wizard Tower, I just moved everything there since there was more than enough storage space but I still needed to go to each dwelling to access what was there. They could also price the containers the same as the bank so that way, you could upgrade your bank, your house or both.

Something else I did in Oblivion which would probably break this game or at least make the storage system much less useful, is to have the Feather spell I think and cast it multiple times to expand my current inventory by lightening the load. I would then use Mark/Recall to pop back to my Wizard Tower and off load my loot. This way I could clear out a dungeon (most of the time) in one trip. In ES3: Morrowind, I set my Recall next to the Mudcrab Merchant and sell anything I didn't need.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CarbonX wrote: »
    Double bank space with Morrowind. What do you think? Is this a way to show us that regular storage (like chests/trunks in housing) will never happen and so ESO+ is THE "storage" system?

What it shows is what was obvious from the get-go.

While housing storage may (will?) be added, it will NOT be added in such a way that it makes the other ways to gain storage obsolete.

one poster in other threads speculated each crate crafted as furnishing would hold 250 items. that is of course not sensible given the storage capacities and cost to gain everywhere else in the game.

So, while storage will likely be added, it is also likely it will not be what some want, which is for housing to make the others unnecessary instead of housing storage being another way to gain storage that is comparable to the others.

So here is what i think we may see...

Additional Storage: Sure but think on it more on the scale of a horse storage gains not anything like even 10 slots per
    furnishing. my bet would be somthing like 10 slots per furnishing BUT the furnishing counts against your pet/assistant count not your overall furnishing count. (That still means with multiple houses you can get quite a bit. think of each house the way you do a character's horse. Each character can have 60 extra storage from the horse, well let each house store up to 60 extra thru these limited furnishings, more or less depending on house size.)

Storage Enhancers: IMO this is what is needed more. I know for me i have tons of storage now and its filling up again. Every time i think "this next bump will do me" it just seems like another fix for a junker. (mea culpa? Absolutely) But what we need are storage enhancers - things which allow us to more intelligently segregate and access our inventories across the account. For example:
    1. Displays: these mannequins or racks would let you load out an entire set of character slots, including quick slots, Those 22 slots would not be additional, but simply segregate your bank space. Access the dipslay directly to exchange items one slot at a time or equip all at once etc. This would let me construct and setup builds in tot and basically move from keeping "a bunch of Seventh Legion" to "outfitting s seventh legion display" which would help me focus and restrict my hoarding quite a bit.
    2. Containers: Be they wardrobes, workshop shelves or whatever, these furnishings allow packing in "stacks" or slots of items that can be again accessed as a group... not for instant equip and with a lot more potential slots available, but they again take up some bank spaces. this basically would let you de facto create bank tabs for easier grouping - like say a medium armor wardrobe or a stamina alchemy shelf. Again , access the container to add/remove.

the enhancers dont add storage so they could be counted against normal furnishing limits.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it'd be nice to have a storage system in housing to give me more reason to actually visit my home, I'm not going to knock them for giving us double bank space. It's about bloody time if you ask me. So for now I don't mind as much
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • thomas1970b16_ESO
    thomas1970b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Oh for the love of God, just already.
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Item storage in homes would create an unlimited source of space. I would not hold your breath for it. Only thing I hope for is to be able to put a regular item of any type on display in a home.

Well in theory they could make it so say if a Trunk gives 10 capacity - that having 5 trunks will add 50 - but any further ones don't add. It's not hard to do from a design perspective.

I am pretty sure as well ZOS went on record to say we'd get it at some point.. dunno though.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inventory space is the vice with which they squeeze the balls of the player base to get the sweet money juice to flow.

Sounds like the female players are missing out.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not if they limit it the way collectibles are limited. separate limitation - bigger the house, more chests you can place.

P.S. Zos seems to be mixing up cause and effect there. upgrading bag and bank space is expensive after a certain point. if people haven't done it its because its expensive. not because they don't need more space.
    Edited by Linaleah on May 27, 2017 5:44AM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This does worry me, although in Vvardenfell I did see an NPC home that had armor mannequins, so that gives me a glimmer of hope that we'll get something similar for housing and hopefully additional storage options.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

not if they limit it the way collectibles are limited. separate limitation - bigger the house, more chests you can place.

P.S. Zos seems to be mixing up cause and effect there. upgrading bag and bank space is expensive after a certain point. if people haven't done it its because its expensive. not because they don't need more space.

The space is there. If people really needed space they would earn the gold to buy it. Makes plenty of sense. If people cannot be bothered to earn what there is, why give more?
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The space is there. If people really needed space they would earn the gold to buy it. Makes plenty of sense. If people cannot be bothered to earn what there is, why give more?

its not about being bothered to earn. its about not really knowing how to earn that much. and/or having difficulty. I mean... I don't have my bank space fully upgraded, becasue its gotten to the point where it costs 60k plus. bags are at 40k per the next 10 slots. people on the forums often forget that average player has a fraction of the gold that some of your trading moguls do.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

its not about being bothered to earn. its about not really knowing how to earn that much. and/or having difficulty. I mean... I don't have my bank space fully upgraded, becasue its gotten to the point where it costs 60k plus. bags are at 40k per the next 10 slots. people on the forums often forget that average player has a fraction of the gold that some of your trading moguls do.

Learning is part of the game. Mine isnt fully upgraded because I never needed it.

By your logic we should make everything easy and common because gold is hard to earn
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Meh - I've seen people make claims that they have maxed bag on all chars. and maxed bank and it still isn't enough because they allegedly carry around so many sets to be "ready for anything" and so they moan for more space. These are people who are, presumably, rich in the game - they just want more more more.

I don't really believe those players most of the time - but if somebody is actually carrying around 20 different sets at a time... I'm pretty sure they're mismanaging their inventory. There's def. more than enough space in the game between all alts and the bank... some people are just minges.
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Learning is part of the game. Mine isnt fully upgraded because I never needed it.

By your logic we should make everything easy and common because gold is hard to earn

no, by my logic - assuming that people don't want more space, just because they cannot afford it yet? is a faulty assumption.
    lagrue wrote: »

Meh - I've seen people make claims that they have maxed bag on all chars. and maxed bank and it still isn't enough because they allegedly carry around so many sets to be "ready for anything" and so they moan for more space. These are people who are, presumably, rich in the game - they just want more more more.

I don't really believe those players most of the time - but if somebody is actually carrying around 20 different sets at a time... I'm pretty sure they're mismanaging their inventory. There's def. more than enough space in the game between all alts and the bank... some people are just minges.

imagine a player without craft bag.
    Edited by Linaleah on May 27, 2017 9:20AM
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meeh - I fully upgraded my 8 alts and bank space before even becoming a subscriber, that's so easy. And having 1840 inventory space plus craft bag now (while I'm sub) is more than enough. On sub I had never so far a situation when my bank space was full. Not all stuff are worth keeping and I prefer item's flow than to keep all at hand forever. Double bank space is not needed for this one too.
    Edited by Gargath on May 27, 2017 9:22AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Meeh - I fully upgraded my 8 alts and bank space before even becoming a subscriber, that's so easy. And having 1840 inventory space plus craft bag now (while I'm sub) is more than enough. On sub I had never so far a situation when my bank space was full. Not all stuff are worth keeping and I prefer item's flow than to keep all at hand forever. Double bank space is not needed for this one too.

you play differently. not everyone plays the same. right now, if I had to play without craft bag? I would be very VERY screwed, as I like to have a nice stock of mats on me. for variety of levels. cooking mats alone take up a LOT of space.

the point is, if they didn't think we needed more space? they wouldn't have doubled the bank space for subscribers OR introduced the craft bag. the whole "we didn't think people needed space, becasue they weren't maxing their space out is a very shoddy excuse.
    dirty worthless casual.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

no, by my logic - assuming that people don't want more space, just because they cannot afford it yet? is a faulty assumption.
    lagrue wrote: »

imagine a player without craft bag.

Except if people really want that space, they would buy it by finding a way. Even if ZoS added mote space, it would cost more...bank space is a 1 time, account wide purchase. If people aren't buying it, why add more?
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »

you play differently. not everyone plays the same. right now, if I had to play without craft bag? I would be very VERY screwed, as I like to have a nice stock of mats on me. for variety of levels. cooking mats alone take up a LOT of space.

the point is, if they didn't think we needed more space? they wouldn't have doubled the bank space for subscribers OR introduced the craft bag. the whole "we didn't think people needed space, becasue they weren't maxing their space out is a very shoddy excuse.

So much misinformation, so little time.

First, a reminder, there were two metrics given. one was how many players had maxed all their space options. the other was how many players had expended their space **at all**. (one specifically said "active players" but i do not recall which.)
    So, basing the argument against on just the upper end data point, citing high cost, ignores the lower very cheap option for what IIRC was half the audience.

But, i think it is clear that some players need/want more space. Which brings us to...

Second, it may be surprising to learn that poodles do not have trunks. That is such s shockers since as we know elephants are mammals, elephants have trunks and poodles are also mammals so they must also have trunks, right? this is an example of a classic logic fallacy. one just brought into play. You see, the two inventory features you mentioned were not added to players or active players (the argument case cited in your example and their decision explanations) but only to subscribers. Subscribers, like poodles, are a subset of the larger group. They are far from representative and do not share all the qualities of other members of the larger group. it is entirely likely based on my experience that subscribers are more likely to be among the groups running into more inventory issues and more in need of inventory gains than the bulk of the population.

So, using changes they made to ease the inventory issues of subscribers to counter claims made about the much larger pool of players, is faulty logic in a very classic logic way - textbook example.

But, i think it is still clear that some players need/want more space. Which brings us to...

Finally, a key point that keeps getting dropped out when convenient to make a point is they never said they have decided to not give us storage in houses. Quite the opposite in fact. What their argument was about was whether or not they viewed adding storage to houses as so critical as to be added into the initial homestead release, to be given such a high priority as to be pushed into that first release. they explicitly stated that anything outside of the housing core elements of buying, crafting and placing items in homes was pushed back if possible because of the amount of systems being added. They were speaking of priorities, not yes/no on storage in housing.

But, i think it is clear that some players need/want more space. Which brings us to... the probability that housing storage will be added in the future and the first "not enough" complaints will be up within 7 nano-jiffies of the release, if not sooner.

:D

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."