The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Double bank space, sign that storage will never happen?

Dragonnord
Dragonnord
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Double bank space with Morrowind. What do you think? Is this a way to show us that regular storage (like chests/trunks in housing) will never happen and so ESO+ is THE "storage" system?

SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inventory space is the vice with which they squeeze the balls of the player base to get the sweet money juice to flow.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There seems to be a big question mark.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Item storage in homes would create an unlimited source of space. I would not hold your breath for it. Only thing I hope for is to be able to put a regular item of any type on display in a home.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been said many times that something this game sorely lacks compared to other MMO's is content perks that can be gained solely by in-game questing and achievements instead of through the Crown Store.

WoW has mounts that can be gained through achievements, for example. While I don't think it would hurt to add simple guar mounts to Morrowind stables and such (just a simple sign of passion and attention to detail), I think it would be VERY nice to be able to unlock housing storage through questing, AND have a summon-able NPC (like the Merchant or Banker in the Crown store) that would allow you to add/remove items from your housing storage.

Some cynical naysayers might say "but ZOS, you will sell less portable bankers!" to which I would reply "perhaps, but you will sell A LOT more houses and housing related items."

@ZOS_GinaBruno just a suggestion. Sometimes more points of view than the one making financial decisions can be helpful to accurately gauge demand. I know I would have spent some of my 20k backlog of Crowns on housing stuff if this was available.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been saying this for a long time...below I've pasted it from something I said in June 2016:

Agree. I've been griping about this for a while now, but I'll chime in here as well. With the release of crafting bags to ESO+ members, I see no harm in selling additional bank slots for 100 crowns per slot for as many as you want to buy. So 10 slots would be 1000 crowns.

ESO+ members still have it way better so this does not cheapen the value of being sub'd but also gives the un-sub'd folks options.

If they would just do this...people would stop griping.

And while I'm at it, DLCs should come with 10 slots added to maximum potential bank space. It doesn't matter if you get it through a sub or because you bought it with crowns.

Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CarbonX wrote: »
    Double bank space with Morrowind. What do you think? Is this a way to show us that regular storage (like chests/trunks in housing) will never happen and so ESO+ is THE "storage" system?

While ZOS might increase the base bag and bank space, through either gold or Crown packs, I do not think they want to get into player storage boxes, crates, chests, and other bulk containers.

Edit: pun intended?
    Edited by Elsonso on May 19, 2017 4:54PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I doubt they are going to allow you to cheaply craft hundreds or units of extra storage. There are two ways they might still implement storage now though:

-Everything you store in a house uses up a bank slot.

-Give you limited container slots, similar to the throphy or pet/mount limits by house size.

The first one is very limiting, particularly for non subs, though if done right could allow you to at least organize your bank. The second one might work if they gave you enough slots.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they will offer crown store housing chests with the ability to craft your own in game as well - I'm thinking they would do an exchange rate similar to the target skeleton so your incentive for instant gratification is the crown purchase. A small forest of heartwood to make a crafted chest that holds 20 items is what I'd expect.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You folks who do not want to pay a subscription fee must understand you can't get everything for nothing. ZOS is in this for the money and its a business. You will never see free storage above what you get now unless you are an ESO Plus member.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    You folks who do not want to pay a subscription fee must understand you can't get everything for nothing. ZOS is in this for the money and its a business. You will never see free storage above what you get now unless you are an ESO Plus member.

Bah, I'm not looking for handouts. I just want what I paid for. Zeni should have given 10 additional bank slots with each DLC to compensate for additional mats. That's for both subscribers and any anyone that purchased it from the crown store.

• Jollygoodusername
    Jollygoodusername
    ✭✭✭
    Giraffon wrote: »
    Palidon wrote: »

Bah, I'm not looking for handouts. I just want what I paid for. Zeni should have given 10 additional bank slots with each DLC to compensate for additional mats. That's for both subscribers and any anyone that purchased it from the crown store.

Stop making sense. The elated zealots cannot fathom reality.
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a sign that they will use every single opportunity they find to milk their customers.
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last inventory/bank space upgrade increase was two years ago

Meanwhile ZOS releases more and more items with no practical means to store them. It now goes in thousands if we include furniture.

They fully control how many new items goes into game, if they are split into "fragments" or not and thus they fully control how annoying inventory management without ESO+ becomes.

The only remedy is... locked behind a paywall.

Let this sink in.
  • Zolron
    Zolron
    ✭✭✭
    Don't really care about housing storage per say but really really think a mannequin type system to show off our armor and weapon sets would be perfect ! If that can't happen then please ZOS allow us to organize our banks better ( especially on console).
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last inventory/bank space upgrade increase was two years ago

Meanwhile ZOS releases more and more items with no practical means to store them. It now goes in thousands if we include furniture.

They fully control how many new items goes into game, if they are split into "fragments" or not and thus they fully control how annoying inventory management without ESO+ becomes.

The only remedy is... locked behind a paywall.

Let this sink in.

What do you expect? The whole game is behind a pay wall, and they want people to subscribe to ESO Plus. They are not putting items into the game to deliberately make you run out of space, even if you think that, but they are doubling the bank space to encourage you to subscribe. At some point down the road, I figure they will increase the max bag or bank space for everyone. Naturally, ESO Plus will double whatever additional bank space they add. You want an increase now, best bet is to subscribe to ESO Plus.

• Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Being treated like a cash cow gets old. I like to get good value for my money, however I choose to spend it. Being manipulated into a subscription solely to alleviate an intentionally created inventory management problem makes me want to play less, not more.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ESO+ peek being added is a logical step and easy for Zos to do but I don't see it as detrimental to other in game storage being added.

At that, housing storage would never be as simple as crafting a chest and place items into it. At best it would be the cheat comes with 10 spaces and additional spaces can be purchased if desir d but adding more chests does nothing to increase storage. M

That idea fits well with the current storage design. I think most of us can see how the single player storage of ESO game past would not fit well tight the current system.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell a Crown store trunk for a house. The size of the house determines the size of the trunk capacity. One trunk per house. This will encourage multiple large house purchases.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just because they add new items doesn't mean you have to hold on to them.

Yes, double bank size is a sales tactic and it's the exact kind of QOL/Convenience item/service that should be a benefit for people who pay.

All this "I just want what I paid for" is nonsense. It's not like anything was taken away from you. You got exactly what you paid for, the base game + whatever dlc/etc you purchased in the cash shop.

If you want subscriber benefits become a subscriber.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would definitely cool to get an update on the ongoing improvements of housing behind the curtains, planned or otherwise. I totally understand this is not the focus right now and most likely wont be for the next few months but if we can lure someone into the ESO Live show to interrupt @ZOS_GinaBruno for a few minutes ... I'd find that refreshing :)
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO + perk, unlimited storage... Open a personal portal to a pocket in Oblivian where you can drop and retrieve gear. Think of it like Eyevea, without having to visit. Tie it to an epic quest chain. In order to learn the spell you have to learn the words that are written at some location all across Tamriel. The words when spoken are cursed to anyone who has not learned the words, so that they can't understand the words meaning or how to find the words location. Instead, you have to do things for 4 daedric princes, each one would have 4 words to learn.

Example: Azura - To get her first word's location, she tasks you with cleaning the worm cult from one of her shrines. Kill x number of badies and kill the leader. 2. She could task you will taking her light to the 4 corns of Tamriel. 3. You are tasked with encouraging 30 of her followers to become priests in her name. 4. In order to obtain the last word you would have to prove your strength and worth by fighting a Mini boss.

After each tasks you are told the location of one word. You must go to the location and learn the word and then return for the next step.

Other possible princes, Hermaeus Mora, Sheogorath, and Hircine.
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's funny how the 2 largest MMO's in FF and WoW are sub based and other MMO's never hit that bar.

We wouldn't need crown crates, expensive crown store pieces and perks to subs if it was just 15$ to enjoy our game. Not saying everyone wanted to go B2P, but you get what you pay for, or pay once for.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • FelixTheCatt
    FelixTheCatt
    ✭✭✭
    So essentially there will still be no point to player housing. Good to know!
    Xbox - Kuchini07
    Eso - FaCoffinDye (EP)
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So essentially there will still be no point to player housing. Good to know!

The one value that houses have to all players is the free port. I own multiple houses and use them as my own personal transportation network. I have one that is close to an outlaws refuge. Another one close to where I can turn in master writs. another close to all vendors I might need.
  • Ulfgarde
    Ulfgarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No housing storage pls. It's just going to be gimmicky and no one will use it with the upcoming changes.

Rather, give some use to NEEDING a house. Particularly something like access to zone chat, ports from PvP to house, access to guild traders in guilds we belong, guild bank chests, etc. Storage, to me, sounds a bit too ambitious.
    Very athletic eso player
    PC EU
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that housing storage is unlikely...other than perhaps making a symbolic item (a chest perhaps) that is a link to your existing bank. If they did extra storage in housing, no one would expand their bank slots...plus you've a bunch of people who have maxxed out their banks would be pretty upset I'd imagine (asking for refunds, etc).

I think it would be too much trouble for them to implement. Of course, I hope I am wrong, but in my opinion, I don't see it happening any time soon.
    Edited by drakhan2002_ESO on May 22, 2017 1:46PM
  • Rye_Encoke
    Rye_Encoke
    ✭✭
    They should offer different types of subscriptions. Some people don't want everything that comes in the regular sub plan. So offer a plan that is just the crafting bag for 5 bucks a month. You want that double storage regular subbers get, that is 5 bucks a month for just that.

I don't want to pay 15 bucks a month for the other crap, I already have all the DLC's and can buy my own crowns when and if I feel like it. The bonus xp not interested in that either. The access to costume dyeing, nope not interested. So since the only thing I am interested in is the crafting bag, they aren't going to get my 15 bucks a month for the regular subscription with all the extra crap I don't want...so why not get some of my money and let me get the one thing I do want.

Regular subbers will be getting doubled inventory apparently. Bonus! I have my crafting bag but I want that extra space. Another 5 bucks a month, yup I want that, still don't want the other crap. I would now be paying 10 bucks a month for just the stuff I want. ZOS is now getting 10 bucks a month from me instead of the 0 I would be paying because the regular subscription isn't something I want to pay for.

An a la carte subscription plan for those who don't want the current model seems like a smart move to me, better to get some money from more people than to get no money from many people.
    Edited by Rye_Encoke on May 22, 2017 8:00PM
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i don't understand how it will work when the ESO plus subscription end. so... i get 480 spaces using ESO plus, and when the subscription end it doesn't seem as practical as loosing the craft bag which keeps the stuff there. with the bank filled after the ESO plus end there will be no place to store anything... what will happen? i'm confused. seems like it'll be the end of the game for any player with a bank filled with 480 spaces when the subscription is over.

i'm ESO plus now, and i enjoy the craft bag a lot, but i don't like the idea of the 480 spaces only for ESO plus members. it's stupid. specially because non ESO plus players need much more space than an ESO plus player. this is a wrong move.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know it is odd, when they didn't add the storage to houses, they used the excuse, our statics say most people haven't even upgraded their inventory. So space isn't even an issue for most people!

But then they add more space to ESO plus. So if no one wants space and it isn't an issue, why in the world do you think adding it to eso plus will make more people sub?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know it is odd, when they didn't add the storage to houses, they used the excuse, our statics say most people haven't even upgraded their inventory. So space isn't even an issue for most people!

But then they add more space to ESO plus. So if no one wants space and it isn't an issue, why in the world do you think adding it to eso plus will make more people sub?

Because the people who are subscribers to ESO Plus are more likely to have upgraded their inventory space, and are more likely to have inventory space problems, compared to the overall population.