The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Absolute best looking meta class for soloing high level PVE content

vpy
vpy
✭✭✭✭

Mates,

As the question states I would like to know currently which is the best looking meta class for soloing high level PVE content.

I know all are equal but some are more equal than the others :)

Edited by vpy on May 17, 2017 1:02AM

Absolute best looking meta class for soloing high level PVE content 194 votes

Stamina Nightblade
4%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOLonestryderGrigorijMalahevichSovjetthisisScoManBobby_V_RockitgeonsocalSevenPacer 8 votes
Magicka Nightblade
6%
BringerMjolloAvalonkarma69ZolronThe_SaintSploshcode65536efsterFrostFallFoxWrekkeddTheStealthDudePhytanic 13 votes
Stamina Templar
0%
Ep1kMalware 1 vote
Magicka Templar
7%
drakhan2002_ESOMolakstojekarcub18_ESOOcean_Charlie9TrillinFodoreJohngo0036Pink_ViolinzJtj87 PirsiusTinus_92DARTH_R8D3Rriberionmocap 14 votes
Stamina Sorc
7%
BigBraggKasHuyenactoshLvDPrankWarsGothlanderFearlessOne_2014ApheriusMaxwellClaksikusCimadonQbikenVolture777hr4bn4z 14 votes
Magicka Sorc
68%
IcyDeadPeopleSoleyaAryaMoiskormoimiJusticiarMoloch1514DeadlyRecluseMojmirhedna123b14_ESOPhilhypeSydriaVoryn_DagothMadyIruil_ESOTurelusixiezippo_taylorb16_ESOAlienSlofKhenarthiSodanTok 132 votes
Stamina DK
2%
grillepainmanArundoeriklindhamMarkusTheValiant 4 votes
Magicka DK
4%
randy1990The_SpAwNDUTCH_REAPERPeleDRXHarbingerVipstaakkiMorgul667Vapirko 8 votes
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc
    I think @Vaoh has solod many hard dungeons on a mag sorc
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc
    Id like to say ive seen some invincible Mag and Stamplars, as well as MagBlades, but Magsorc is the PvE king, no question.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • vpy
    vpy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc
    Looks like I did not even need a poll
    Holy Jesus
    Options
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vpy wrote: »
    Holy Jesus

Yes, the forums would be a much better place without meaningless polls
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc
    Magicka Sorc!

If going for general soloing stuff you can choose practically any class spec to equal effect.

If going for high end solo PvE you should probably choose a Magicka Sorc. They have tools that are suited well for solo play. Not OP - rather they are great at supporting themselves. Certain skills (Streak/Pets) are also suited well for helping survive dangerous mechanics.
    Options
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc
    Synfaer wrote: »
    Holy Jesus

No it wouldnt be
    Champion point: 645
    Characters
    Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
    Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
    Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc
    Blacksmoke wrote: »
    Holy Jesus

No it wouldnt be

Someone should put that to a poll so we can find out.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc
    Runs wrote: »
    Blacksmoke wrote: »
    Holy Jesus

No it wouldnt be

Someone should put that to a poll so we can find out.

Allready got you covered :)
    Champion point: 645
    Characters
    Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
    Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
    Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc
    Best functioning? Mag sorc all the way.

Best looking? Stamblade or Stam Sorceror.
    Options
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The ones with posterior dimension at 100%
    love is love
    Options
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc
    Duh
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka DK
    Because I haven't been killed by a sorc in a very long time and my magdk is way more fun to play and just as invincible as magsorc. Instant full heals. Stuns, roots, easy resource management if you l2DK. Magsorcs eso pet builds are so *** boring and dull regardless of being slightly more powerful at the moment. Ignore the crying over igneous. Magdk never needs major mending in PvE. I've done it all on mine and never even put a skill point into it.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc
    Right now, Magicka Sorc.

They have great damage and amazing survivability.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc
    That is because it is extremely OP in both PvE & PvP...

The problem with mag sorcerer is simple:

If you go full DPS build technically you should be sort of a glass cannon (Ultra high dmg but not that good defence). But with sorcerer it is a different story. If you go full dps and you have only like 10K health... you can still use "Conjured Ward" (stack-able shield) So it adds like 20 - 25K DMG shield to your health bar. This shield is not affected by penetration and crits.
    No other class in game can do that....

In PvP - Let me put it this way: In order to kill a sorcerer you need to deal at lest 25K "true" dmg (with no crits and penetration) fast enough to even "reach" the health bar. You have to do it fast enough so your enemy will not have a chance to "stack" more shield.
    So you focus on destroying that shield while sorcerer throws "Haunting Curse" at you (un-dodge-able, un-block-able instant that explodes twice on you and even pulls you out of stealth 2x (even thou there is nothing like that in skill description).

And in the end when you finally managed to get rid of that shield and start doing dmg to health bar what does the sorcerer do ? Either stuns you with Streak & kills you or just escapes faster than sprinting mount....

In PvE - in addition to a DPS class being way more tanky than let's say a NB going full tank build you also have pets that take aggro form enemies making sorc a class that can solo even some group vet dungeons....

# Balance
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc
    No contest lol
    Options
  • M0bi
    M0bi
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez, friggin landslide for mag sorc
    FOR THE DOMINION!!
    Options
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc
    Good for mat farming and pvp as well.
    Options
  • Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc
    There are literally boss mechanics that require you to be a mag sorc for soloing.. f.e. you can't solo the first vWGT fight with anything else, as the fight will just reset without a pet. (Or is there any possibility to avoid the cell that I missed?)
    CP630 AR20 PC EU, Alt Mag Sorc AD - Insomnicia Rex
    Options
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc
    Elder Sorcs Online ...
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
    Options
  • Flameheart
    Flameheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc
    ...for soloing high lvl PvE content, because....pets and shields.
    Sometimes the prey turns and nips us... it's a small thing.

So let the snow flakes and unicorns dance alone until they melt or vanish from existence, we will finish up with those smart enough to stay in the glowing circle of love.

Selissi - CP 1k+ Redguard Stamina Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Silmerel - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Templar (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sunja - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Nightblade (Ebonheart Pact)
    Suldreni - CP 1k+ Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sulhelka - CP 1k+ Altmer Magicka Sorcerer (Ebonheart Pact)
    Sylundine - CP 1k+ Breton Magicka Warden (Ebonheart Pact)

Options
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Templar
    I've solod vwgt and vcoa2 on stam templar, I do vmsa on it 2-3x daily with 11.3k hp. It'a a solid class. Maybe magsorc is better, but for stam I'd say templar bar none.
    Options
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Templar
    There are literally boss mechanics that require you to be a mag sorc for soloing.. f.e. you can't solo the first vWGT fight with anything else, as the fight will just reset without a pet. (Or is there any possibility to avoid the cell that I missed?)

auto pick lock
    2ns boss kite and nuke
    3rd boss drop buffs and nuke, epower rend on bluephases
    Kena just nuke
    Options
  • Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc
    You never had the issue of her resetting when she locks you up? cO In any case pretty impressive!
    CP630 AR20 PC EU, Alt Mag Sorc AD - Insomnicia Rex
    Options
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is kind of confusing, but maybe I'm just reading too much into it. From what I gathered is the OP is asking what class "looks" the best and not what class or toon is the best to use.. yeah?! If what looks the best, since I'm a guy, any female toons (except the lizard and kitty ones) looks the best, even while grinding away on those high hp adds and bosses in those higher end PvE contents. If what class/toon is better than others to use while doing vet contents, I prefer a stam toon where you can balance hp and stam and still get good dps. I do have a MagSorc, and yes, its Conjured Ward and damage shield is sick, and you can literally boost your majicka pool into the 40s and 50K, I just don't like the light armor sets.

I guess I'm just the black sheep of ESO. I fair just fine with my HA-based StamDK, StamPlar or StamBlade. With my stam toons, I don't die much or at all going sololy against world bosses or even those with 5 mils or more hp. I still do with my MagSorc, even though it has 44K majicka pool. I'm not bashing on MagSorc.. I like it., but I just like getting in close and personal thrashing on the target, roll, block and then going back in to pommel them. To each its own, I say..
    I've solod vwgt and vcoa2 on stam templar, I do vmsa on it 2-3x daily with 11.3k hp. It'a a solid class. Maybe magsorc is better, but for stam I'd say templar bar none.

@Ep1kMalware, impressive feats.. as others are also capable, but.. how did you get through Dranos when he throws that cripple on you? Ideally, on normal, there is a split second when, if you time it right, you can roll out just before he strike that killing blow. However, on vet, that is where I normally have trouble when soloing. I either can roll out, but before I can Vigor or throw up my shield, I get pommeled by the other adds, or it just seem harder to roll out in vet. He is the hardest fight for me. For vWGT, that Inhibitor is brutal when soloing. I like the StamPlar as well. I initially made a Breton StamPlar and realize the BoL is crap for that toon. I then I created a Nord and Imperial StamPlar and the BoL are good for these toons. I was soling world bosses at scrub level 5 with the Nord and Imperial ones. Ha ha. So, BoL was nerfed to crap for the Breton toon, amongst other abilities for Templars, in general.. I see. *beep* *beep*
    Options
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are op. Plain and simple. There a lot of night blades created however and as long as the class remains popular I don't see Zos buffing them any time soon. Nightblades remain the worst soloist.
    Options
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Nightblade
    Because of reasons
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
    Options
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magicka Sorc
    I mean I can agree it's become meta as can be but I've been playing a pet sorc since beta because it's... Well it's the play style I find fun. If I was being meta I wouldn't have rolled a Bosmeri Magicka Pet Sorc haha.
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
    Options
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc
    The results of this poll are hilarious.
    Options
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc
    Mates,

As the question states I would like to know currently which is the best looking meta class for soloing high level PVE content.

I know all are equal but some are more equal than the others :)

Being that the whole game has been designed around Magica dps builds and being able to maintain rotations while avoiding POB , cleaves and mob radius red circles. Magica sorc for the win. the other roles are almost optional in ESO. no true CC or utility. and tanks PFFFT you dont even need one for end game the majority of the time, self healing vigor builds lol. the game is fun for people who enjoy the Monty hall play style RPG it just does not work for those that came to play an MMO
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka DK
    Mag DKs are loooking super strong next patch in pvp and pve because of molten armaments and because the nerfs to DKs won't effect the mag DKs like it will the Stam DKs.
    Options