The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Where to find the Blueprint: Breton Throne, Ruler's

CGPsaint
CGPsaint
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Just a quick follow-up to my guide on Where to find the Blueprint: Wood Elf Throne, Vine, I wanted to share a fairly painless way to farm the Blueprint: Breton Throne, Ruler's. You can see what this item looks like HERE.

Getting Started

Head to Wayrest, and when you exit the Wayshrine, you want to mosey on down to the Mage's Guild. There are (4) Nobles that spawn in this area, as seen below. (Nobles are denoted by yellow stars, and guards are denoted by red stars. Their patrol paths are marked in red.)

ZSRChcM.png

1.) This Noble is sitting at a picnic bench overlooking the water. (There is a single guard that patrols this area. Easily avoidable.)

2. ) This Noble is standing next to a sign, behind the Mage's Guild. (There is a single guard that slowly patrols counter-clockwise around the building. Easily avoidable.)

3. ) This Noble is standing along the outside wall of the castle in close proximity to another NPC (commoner). She will periodically walk further down the wall. I would recommend killing the commoner first, so that you have less risk of being observed whilst committing your scandalous activities. (There is a guard that patrols in the nearby area, that shouldn't pose a threat, unless you have incurred a bounty and happen to cross his path.)

4. ) This Noble is standing on the bridge, staring vacantly into the distance. (This is the simplest of the four, and the only issue that you should face with her, is failing at pickpocketing.)

NOTES
  • As always, pickpocket twice, and then perforate your target's heart with your trusty Blade of Woe.
  • If you find yourself in trouble with the guards, such that they are chasing you with the intent to skewer you, then head towards the first location and jump over the wall into the water below. The guards aren't paid enough to deal with that level of shenanigans, and will not follow you.
  • If you find that you are completing the circuit faster than the Nobles are respawning, then you can also find a Mage between #4 and the Mage's Guild, which can be looted for other goodies, and two drunkards down by the right hand corner of the map, which can be looted for Mugs, Tankards, and Liquor Bottles.

If you have any questions, feel free to hit me up. Otherwise, happy hunting!
Edited by CGPsaint on May 15, 2017 2:46PM
"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • MrBeatDown_
    MrBeatDown_
    ✭✭✭
    You only listed about 6 of the nobles. There are several more. Do the guards at the main castle not drop it. They are labeled as nobles when you put your cursor on them. Also there are more nobles that you didn't list. I can think of at least 6 more that you didn't mark on your map that are not guards.

Ive looked hard for this throne plan and never found it. But, I have found over 30 of the orc gold throne plans in Wrothgar.

From my experience, ALL nobles in that zone can drop gold throne plans. All 13 of them have dropped it for me. Ive even Gotten 2 gold plans back to back on a noble and the most gold plans ive pulled is 4 in a 20 minute time frame for the day.

So I'm just asking if ALL the nobles in that zone drop the gold plans (INCLUDING THE GUARD NOBLES), because ive never even seen a gold plan from wayrest drop and ive farmed it several times. I know where all the nobles are in that zone. I can pickpocket that zone pretty quickly just nobles bouncing, but I usually clear a zone when I'm throne hunting and that can take a few hours in Wayrest.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You only listed about 6 of the nobles. There are several more. Do the guards at the main castle not drop it. They are labeled as nobles when you put your cursor on them. Also there are more nobles that you didn't list. I can think of at least 6 more that you didn't mark on your map that are not guards.

Ive looked hard for this throne plan and never found it. But, I have found over 30 of the orc gold throne plans in Wrothgar.

From my experience, ALL nobles in that zone can drop gold throne plans. All 13 of them have dropped it for me. Ive even Gotten 2 gold plans back to back on a noble and the most gold plans ive pulled is 4 in a 20 minute time frame for the day.

So I'm just asking if ALL the nobles in that zone drop the gold plans (INCLUDING THE GUARD NOBLES), because ive never even seen a gold plan from wayrest drop and ive farmed it several times. I know where all the nobles are in that zone. I can pickpocket that zone pretty quickly just nobles bouncing, but I usually clear a zone when I'm throne hunting and that can take a few hours in Wayrest.

1.) There are indeed more Nobles in Wayrest, include 2 in Marketplace (1 by the Fountain, 1 by the Well). My guide includes the ones that are easy to pickpocket/Blade Of Woe.

2.) How many hours have you farmed Wrothgar for these blueprints, that you have been able to find "over 30 of the orc gold throne plans in Wrothgar"?

3.) I'm aware that all Nobles in a Zone can drop the blueprint in question. Once again, I'm providing the easiest way to do it. "All 13 of which Nobles" dropped the blueprint for you?

4.) Call me a cynic, however I seriously doubt that you pulled (2) Legendary Blueprints back-to-back from the same Noble. Video proof, or it didn't happen. I further doubt that you pulled (4) Legendary Blueprints in 20 minutes. Once again, video proof, or it didn't happen. I've farmed for 50+ hours for Legendary Blueprints in Wayrest, Elden Root, and Orsinium, and feel pretty confident that you are not remembering events correctly.
    Edited by CGPsaint on May 15, 2017 3:34PM
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • MrBeatDown_
    MrBeatDown_
    ✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

2.) How many hours have you farmed Wrothgar for these blueprints, that you have been able to find "over 30 of the orc gold throne plans in Wrothgar"?

3.) I'm aware that all Nobles in a Zone can drop the blueprint in question. Once again, I'm providing the easiest way to do it. "All 13 of which Nobles" dropped the blueprint for you?

4.) Call me a cynic, however I seriously doubt that you pulled (2) Legendary Blueprints back-to-back from the same Noble. Video proof, or it didn't happen. I further doubt that you pulled (4) Legendary Blueprints in 20 minutes. Once again, video proof, or it didn't happen. I've farmed for 50+ hours for Legendary Blueprints in Wayrest, Elden Root, and Orsinium, and feel pretty confident that you are not remembering events correctly.

So basically 2-4 is all that I need to answer.

Ok so for 2, I did my black market mogul achievement in wrothgar, and I did that from zero to the million in about a month in a half. But I did take breaks, like when I hit 750k I was exhausted so I took a week off then I played it lazy till I hit a million and skipped a few more days. Could have probably done it in a month if I wanted to farm my brains out. So I got probably
    350+ hours of farming to get all the plans that I got and sold. I still pull plans for fun when I'm just stealing for gold and since my achievement is done.

3, When I say all 13 nobles in wrothgar dropped it for me, I literally mean all 13 of them. I'm not trying to hi jack your thread so I wont post a map with all of them marked, If you put your cursor over the person you are pickpocketing, it will have the title of noble, you know it drops a gold plan, And every single one of them have dropped it for me.

4, I am not a streamer, the closest thing I could provide of proof, is the very first day I ever found a gold orc throne plan, I got excited and told everyone in my Trade guild ( WarMart Blade n Trade ) that I found it, Someone asked me where I got it, so I invited them to a group with me. I then immediately pulled another one when I was showing him the noble that I looted it from, HE THEN pulled one. I went to another noble and pulled another one! He went to the same noble and pulled another one himself. I then went outside of Skarp keep and pulled another one from the noble between the guards at the foot of the stairs. I found 4 plans that day, AND it was on the very first day that I ever found a plan. I'm sure I can get him to vouch that he was with me when I found 4 plans and he found 2. We were both really excited. This is when homestead first dropped too.

BUT that's not the last time ive found multiple plans in the same day. I have pulled back to back gold orc throne plans on 2 different occasions from 2 different nobles but on separate days. ALL Nobles in that zone drop the gold orc plans. Ive farmed from 0 to a mil on black market mogul 95% of that time spent in Wrothgar because it payed that damn good. I pocketed over 3 million gold just selling gold orc throne plans. If you ever bought one from War Mart I probably sold it to you. My customers know who they are. People probably think I hack these things. The RNG is very funny with gold throne plans. I'm sure if Zos broke it all down they could give you the exact number of gold throne plans ive looted from the npc's. Everything is accounted for. I have found multiple gold throne plans in the same day and on a few occasions pulled back to back gold throne plans off the same NPC. I'm not just blowing smoke, I'm dead serious.

You have to remember that there is 3 different gold orc throne plans and that probably plays a role into why I was able to pull multiple plans on the same day. I don't have time to lie about it, I got more gold than I need, You can ask my guild owner that keeps statistics of sales and what was sold how many of these things ive sold, and he can verify my sales of gold orc throne plans. I made several millions of gold just off the plans. I don't know how else to tell you about it. That's just the way it is, that's the RNG. Ive also went through a gold plan drought where I didn't find one plan in over 2 weeks of farming hard for 8 hours a day, Those are the days that I decided to go bounce around in wayrest to see if I could get a gold plan from there and never did.

Ill say it again I HAVE FOUND BACK TO BACK PLANS in wrothgar a few times and 4 plans in the same day. And when I really think about it, the first day I pulled the four plans, one of those times was also a back to back gold plan pull.

• Ragnarok100ub17_ESO
    Do you have to pickpocket them or can you just cut to the chase and "blade of woe" them?
  • MrBeatDown_
    MrBeatDown_
    ✭✭✭
    Do you have to pickpocket them or can you just cut to the chase and "blade of woe" them?

I know that I don't have thieves guild DLC so I cant Blade of Woe them, Ive found gold plans from pickpocketing them. Ive also gotten gold throne plans from attempting to pickpocket them, failing to pickpocket and agro them, and then kill them and looting the body afterwords. Ive pulled gold plans on the first pickpocket, second pickpocket and third. I have never pulled a throne on a first pickpocket failed attempt followed by a murder. It just never happened for me. But I have looted a gold throne plan on a first pick pocket without having to kill someone.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know that I don't have thieves guild DLC so I cant Blade of Woe them

Blade of Woe is obtained in Dark Brotherhood
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaiVox22 wrote: »

I know that I don't have thieves guild DLC so I cant Blade of Woe them

Blade of Woe is obtained in Dark Brotherhood

Blade of woe is "passive" ability gained with Dark Brotherhood. It allows you to one-shot kill any human like enemy/innocent as long as you sneak up on them from behind, undetected.