Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Mounts and Non-Combat Pets

MoonlakeShadows
MoonlakeShadows
Soul Shriven
I'm kind of new to this whole ESO and MMORPG thing, so, if anyone is willing to answer me, I'd be really grateful :smile:
Do any of you know if Mounts and Non-Combat Pets can get hurt/die?
"May your road lead you to warm sands."
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are invincible, but will also happily watch you die lol.

They are purely visual (pets) and just follow you

Mounts, they too are invincible, but you can get knocked off of it when the mounts Stam is empty
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MoonlakeShadows
    MoonlakeShadows
    Soul Shriven
    They are invincible, but will also happily watch you die lol.

They are purely visual (pets) and just follow you

Mounts, they too are invincible, but you can get knocked off of it when the mounts Stam is empty

Wow, thank you so much for the quick answer and for the info :smiley: I just couldn't find it anywhere...
    It's a good thing, then; I wouldn't like my pets getting hurt :'(
    Guess that's where I'll be spending my 500 crowns, then.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back when I was playing Oblivion (I think it was Oblivion, but if it wasn't, then it was Skyrim), I had a horse named Bill. Bill was killed by ogres. Since I'd named Bill after my husband, I had to break the news to him that Horse Bill was dead.

When he heard that horses in ESO were immortal, he was happy. So I had to name an ESO horse Bill. :p
  • MoonlakeShadows
    MoonlakeShadows
    Soul Shriven
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Back when I was playing Oblivion (I think it was Oblivion, but if it wasn't, then it was Skyrim), I had a horse named Bill. Bill was killed by ogres. Since I'd named Bill after my husband, I had to break the news to him that Horse Bill was dead.

When he heard that horses in ESO were immortal, he was happy. So I had to name an ESO horse Bill. :p

Oh my God, I almost had to go through the same in Skyrim... That's why I wanted to know if in ESO they could die. In Skyrim, I bought my first horse and I took so much care of him, grew attached to him, and then he went into the middle of a battle I was fighting and died... I was so sad :'(:'( After that, I never wanted to buy a horse again...
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »

Oh my God, I almost had to go through the same in Skyrim... That's why I wanted to know if in ESO they could die. In Skyrim, I bought my first horse and I took so much care of him, grew attached to him, and then he went into the middle of a battle I was fighting and died... I was so sad :'(:'( After that, I never wanted to buy a horse again...

In Skyrim I desperately killed everything from bandits, Giants and dragons that all wanted my cow.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds