The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Save Repentance

MrGorv
MrGorv
✭✭✭
I'm desperate to get any buffs for my DK already. And I really don't think that anyone would listen to the things I'm going to write here. But it's worth trying.

Repentance morph of Restoring Aura was destroyed in 3.0.0. and was never addressed since. Why is it important?
1. This skill is the only way of stamplar sustain, and stamplars were already the worst class on vMA and now they are even more undesirable, as Repentance now restores significantly less stamina for each body and stamplar skills are the most expensive stamina skills in this game.
2. Group sustain was based on Necrotic Orbs + Elemental Drain (Minor Magickasteal) for magicka builds and Spear Shards + Repentance for stamina builds. Orbs and Shards are now universal, that's alright, I guess, but Repentance was completely removed from group resource management while Magickasteal is here and still powerful. And that goes on top of the fact that stamina skills got 5% more cost increase. This just makes stamina vs magicka gameplay in AoE fights even more disbalanced, because now magicka has not only higher AoE damage but also better sustain in AoE fights.
3. Now you can't have more than 1 stamplar with Repentance in your group as they will constanly fight each other for that stamina return, which is not healthy for gameplay at all.
4. And finally, pvp issue. Repentance was a key thing when fighting in an outnumbered group. Only way to keep pushing when you have less people was repenting bodies, as your resources were burning out very fast, you have to sprint/dodge/breakfree. But now this ability is useless, as it will restore health, but if you're out of stamina, no amount of health will save you. Change to this skill, along with the heavy armor nerf, is another step to the point, where no small-scale will be possible and only way to play in Cyrodiil is constant zerging.

I know that chance of reverting these changes is like 0.001%, but I beg you, do some tweaks to this skill. Let it restore half the amount restored to caster to the group. Or give it some kind of cooldown. Or let it affect only 4 people. But do not leave it like that. It just doesn't work.
@Wrobel @ZOS_RichLambert
Edited by MrGorv on May 13, 2017 7:02AM
Gorven Savius | Stamina DK | Tamriel Hero | Covenant Lieutenant
Gorvam Sathri | Magicka DK | Sun's Dusk Reaper
Gorvand-al-Savia | Stamina Templar | Covenant Veteran
Gorvean Saniar | Magicka Templar | Magnanimous
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Number 3 is reason alone to change it.
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please revert the nerfs to repentance, the nerfs are getting very tiring.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I posted a whole thread on this in the Morrowind PTS section.

Gina responded to the Repentance nerf in another thread awhile ago.

ZoS claims Repentance is a "free cast ;)" (yes they used the winky face as well) and therefore Templars will have to fight over Repents and there will most likely be the "alpha" Templars who refuse to allow other ones in their groups. I know I'm going to be doing that. I'll refuse to small-scale with another Templar from this point on.

ZoS needs to realize that Repentance is NOT a free cast. You spend resources to kill an enemy, and then you can use the skill. It's not free.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert please consider allowing repentance to return SOME amount of stam to others as well. This change will destroy small scale pvp AND affect battlegrounds, for the templar class. It is simply not a "free" skill, with the amount of effort and resources that go into getting kills to repent.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • GallantGuardian
    GallantGuardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    They've made up their mind it seems they don't want to homogenize all the the classes (sorcery) just a few (the rest)
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to make it so a small amount of stam is returned to the group.Now your competing with others templars in your group your also competing with enemy templars and any random's near by.
  • ColoredScreams
    ColoredScreams
    ✭✭✭
    Stamplars do not have dark deal, helping hands, battle roar, or siphoning to aid their sustain. This change will make it so only ONE stamplar or magickaplar per group will have some stamina sustain after players are killed. How pathetic.

I propose that players bodies are able to be repented 1 time per player, therefore everyone with repentance on their bar is able to repent the same body once to get their own resources back. The aoe heal would have to be adjusted to be a self heal or removed completely. This way, stamplars will not have to fight each other over who gets the repent first, which discourages tactical gameplay and encourages focusing on beating your own teamates at pressing the button first, leaving other teamates with repentance on their bar completely dry.
    Edited by ColoredScreams on May 14, 2017 7:15AM
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing how in one fell swoop they are completely polarizing this skill. And they do it with a winky face on.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lore_lai wrote: »
    It's amazing how in one fell swoop they are completely polarizing this skill. And they do it with a winky face on.

Yeahhhhh. I'm not being an ass when I say I'm kicking every single templar out of my groups now. Zos drove a wedge betweem myself and others. And well, It's as intended?
  • Jamascus
    Jamascus
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeahhhhh. I'm not being an ass when I say I'm kicking every single templar out of my groups now. Zos drove a wedge betweem myself and others. And well, It's as intended?

Yep, the repentance change is as out of touch as it gets. They've changed from people only wanting Templar healers for certain things to only one being allowed.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That's biggest trigger for me about it....the fact that they expressed clearly that they don't understand how the skill is even used and then added a winky face on top of that for extra hurt. It's unprofessional and so ignorant /:
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZoS claims Repentance is a "free cast ;)" (yes they used the winky face as well) and therefore Templars will have to fight over Repents and there will most likely be the "alpha" Templars who refuse to allow other ones in their groups. I know I'm going to be doing that. I'll refuse to small-scale with another Templar from this point on.

ZoS needs to realize that Repentance is NOT a free cast. You spend resources to kill an enemy, and then you can use the skill. It's not free.

Alpha templars lol

Yeah, I hate some directions game is going. It claims to be MMO, social game, play as you want yet there are things that even if indirectly will exclude some players from gaming communities/guilds/groups just because who they play and what last patch changed.
    It would be nice if ZOS when making changes keep that in mind, that even if what they change is just number, somewhere at the recieveing end there is a player who can have his gaming experience ruined because of it.
    Edited by Rinmaethodain on May 15, 2017 10:34AM
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Alpha templars lol

Yeah, I hate some directions game is going. It claims to be MMO, social game, play as you want yet there are things that even if indirectly will exclude some players from gaming communities/guilds/groups just because who they play and what last patch changed.
    It would be nice if ZOS when making changes keep that in mind, that even if what they change is just number, somewhere at the recieveing end there is a player who can have his gaming experience ruined because of it.

Haha well I'm serious about Alpha Templars! Take, for example, the group of people I play with on a daily basis. I main a Templar, I'm usually on my Templar for like small-scale, it's my thing. Well now one of my friends wants to bring his Templar to group. Would be a big fat no from me. I know I sound like a big bully saying it, but I don't want to give up my stam management because someone wants to play their alt. Especially since I can feel the focus fire heavily in Cyrodiil since most people know I'll pocket heal my group all day long if they don't focus me down. I know who the enemy "Alpha" Templars are as well, and I talk to many of them, and they feel the same way.

It just sucks. It sucks that ZoS is encouraging groups to exclude more than one DK or Templar in groups. I guess I'm being really grumpy about Repentance, but it's just on the top of my list for one of the dumbest changes I've seen ZoS do. And they lack any understanding on how people have to use the skill.

"Free cast ;)"

"Free cast ;)"

"Free cast ;)"

"Free cast ;)"
    Edited by DisgracefulMind on May 15, 2017 10:57AM
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Alpha templars lol

Haha well I'm serious about Alpha Templars! Take, for example, the group of people I play with on a daily basis. I main a Templar, I'm usually on my Templar for like small-scale, it's my thing. Well now one of my friends wants to bring his Templar to group. Would be a big fat no from me. I know I sound like a big bully saying it, but I don't want to give up my stam management because someone wants to play their alt. Especially since I can feel the focus fire heavily in Cyrodiil since most people know I'll pocket heal my group all day long if they don't focus me down. I know who the enemy "Alpha" Templars are as well, and I talk to many of them, and they feel the same way.

It just sucks. It sucks that ZoS is encouraging groups to exclude more than one DK or Templar in groups. I guess I'm being really grumpy about Repentance, but it's just on the top of my list for one of the dumbest changes I've seen ZoS do. And they lack any understanding on how people have to use the skill.

"Free cast ;)"

"Free cast ;)"

"Free cast ;)"

"Free cast ;)"

FREE CAST
    after you use the resources needed to kill the person you're trying to Repent in the first place
    What's that? you spent 30k magicka fighting that shield-stacking Sorcerer who spammed stuns and roots and now you're out of stamina?

Well too bad! A friendly Templar just Repented that corpse and there's no benefit for you to receive from this body now, eat sh*t!
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Alpha templars lol

"Free cast ;)"

"Free cast ;)"

"Free cast ;)"

"Free cast ;)"

FREE CAST
    after you use the resources needed to kill the person you're trying to Repent in the first place
    What's that? you spent 30k magicka fighting that shield-stacking Sorcerer who spammed stuns and roots and now you're out of stamina?

Well too bad! A friendly Templar just Repented that corpse and there's no benefit for you to receive from this body now, eat sh*t!

My heart is breaking even more </3 q.q

"Free cast ;)"
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamascus wrote: »

Yep, the repentance change is as out of touch as it gets. They've changed from people only wanting Templar healers for certain things to only one being allowed.

It's such a *** argument. Zos knows damn well elemental drain is a free cast ;) that buffs the entire group. This is just a low blow that they decided to add a mocking insult to, to the only stamina class in the entire game that does not have an in-combat sustain ability.

This whole update could have been amazing with adressing cp changes, amd instead they go hand pver fist to pollute the game with absolutely rediculous uneeded class changes. --and-then mock us over it.

I have lost so much respect for zos this past year that all I can really say is, I am so excited to not give them my money.
    Edited by Ep1kMalware on May 15, 2017 11:39AM
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jamascus wrote: »

It's such a *** argument. Zos knows damn well elemental drain is a free cast ;) that buffs the entire group. This is just a low blow that they decided to add a mocking insult to, to the only stamina class in the entire game that does not have an in-combat sustain ability.

ily
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
  • Azramel
    Azramel
    ✭✭✭
    Stamplar sustain sucks now compared to all other classes with stamina builds. I have to compete with other templars for stamina returns while every other class gets it with no complication. There is no question, this is highly unfair and needs to be changed so we have a reliable ability to regain stamina with. To make it even worse, the stamina return is meant to be done at the end of combat which is when people are usually low on resources. So if you get robbed for a stamina return from repentance you get absolutely no stamina whatsoever with that skill.

Bottom line is, we need something reliable like everyone else gets. This is not unreasonable at all.
  • Ep1kMalware
    Ep1kMalware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azramel wrote: »
    Stamplar sustain sucks now compared to all other classes with stamina builds. I have to compete with other templars for stamina returns while every other class gets it with no complication. There is no question, this is highly unfair and needs to be changed so we have a reliable ability to regain stamina with. To make it even worse, the stamina return is meant to be done at the end of combat which is when people are usually low on resources. So if you get robbed for a stamina return from repentance you get absolutely no stamina whatsoever with that skill.

Bottom line is, we need something reliable like everyone else gets. This is not unreasonable at all.

Lets also evaluate the situation further. Combat is more expensive now. Also, with the loss of major mending, reverting shards giving resources back to caster, and absolutely no mobility,.. templars are in a tough spot.

The only 2 things they had going for them was the grab and go sustain of repentence, and healing through a hard situation. (What else are they gunna do with no perpetual sustain/mobility).