The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

NEW ULTIMATE DUNGEON GUIDE SERIES!

• Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »
    Good stuff!
    #thisisnotabump

Good. Keep not doing that!
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Kevduit
    Kevduit
    ✭✭✭
    I would like a guide on how to solo every trial on Vet please. If not, well, it just shows that you're a noob
    Edited by Kevduit on May 14, 2017 4:49PM
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kevduit wrote: »
    I would like a guide on how to solo every trial on Vet please. If not, well, it just shows that you're a noob

If you need a guide for such easy tasks, then I guess I'm not the noob, you are!
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    These are great. Informative and straight to the point.

Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you! I've been playing since console release and never truly understood the mechanics of the 1st Boss in VoM! Now I do (quite simple, too)!
  • nicspayne
    nicspayne
    Soul Shriven
    Well done!!
    Athelisa | Imperial | DK Tank/off-tank/Cheerleader | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    PC EU
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any plans for the DLC dungeons?
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Once I finish the regular ones, which I am getting close, Yes!
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Great, I'm looking forward to seeing these for the DLC dungeons.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grunim wrote: »

Great, I'm looking forward to seeing these for the DLC dungeons.

Same!

I've never done COS or ROS on veteran. Any time I want to try it people don't want to teach

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fair play, looks like a lot of work. Good job man, this will probably be a massive help to new player.
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Fair play, looks like a lot of work. Good job man, this will probably be a massive help to new player.

I hope even veteran players will learn a thing or two, I try and include tricks and tips where applicable :-D
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dungeons guides! That's just what we need, awesome ^_^

It seems a few things may not be entirely accurate though...for example in the end of Tempest vid you say her aoe is 100% one-shot - that's not so, it's simply a very hard hitting aoe. On my 43k health blazeplar with ~16k shields on top of that it shreds my shields and does maybe 20-25k damage on top of that(been a while since I ran it so numbers might be bit off). It will be a one shot for most tanks and all dps/healers(unless they shield stack perhaps) but mechanically, this is not an absolute one shot but just a very strong hit. A high health and/or shielding tank can survive it. I've found out there're actually very few absolute one shot mechanics in the game, with most being simply very hard but potentially surviveable hits.

Anyway just putting this here because I'm a dungeon nerd :D

Hrm, some other things I'd like to put out there if it's okay

1)Darkshade 2:
    The Kwama Lord is in fact a dps check, he has a shield during his pound and he will never stop doing it until the shield is broken. Now I've never actually seen even a low level pug fail it but it used to be very possible

Grobul - I applaud the "tank tanks boss away" strat as not many people do it this way and it's significantly less of a mess this way, though in my experience Grobul only listens to taunt when his shield is down so you gotta get him as far as possible and make sure no one hits him(some people try to regain resources off the shielded boss...bad idea) or tank will lose agro. Another thing that greatly helps there is roots. Flying baby netches can be rooted. Don't ask me why and how(looks hilarious :D) but if your dps is low it's amazing help for not being overrun.

2)City of Ash 2:
    Urata the Legion - she actually has a heal, if you don't kill her ads they will heal her. I have actually seen a very low dps group get stuck on this boss, heals were decent so we never died but they simply couldn't get her health down at all becaue the aoe dps was pretty much non existant and she just kept healing to full.

Fire Titan - as a stamina build you obviously have a different approach to this, plus you have very high mobility as a sorc, but I'd outline the importance of shields, mainly Annulment, for squishy magicka builds there. Every single time I see new magicka players there, if they don't use it, they just get annihilated. It's possible to avoid if you're experienced and used to the pattern, but between low stamina magicka toons have and all the damage going on I'd say Annulment is a must.

Valkyn Skoria - interesting strat with healer staying away, we usually just stack and healing spring on the same platform :D There're definitely different ways for tackling this though. Something I'd point out is his channeled attack after breaking platform also gives him a shield and he will continue doing it for as long as the shield is up. So dps really need to focus the boss and get his shield down before they go after atro because otherwise not only he won't stop doing the damage but he will in fact summon MORE atro...it also works significantly better if the tank places boss on the edges so his fire star thing goes off there and not in the centre, making it somewhat easier to avoid - which it seems your tank is already doing too so good job to him :)

3)Fungal 2 - just wanted to say respect for dodging Mysery(the lightning link) there, so few people actually know it can be dodged :D
  • Brunoad
    Brunoad
    ✭✭✭
    Something i would find helpful is if you had a mini-map to show where you are in the dungeon.
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »
    Dungeons guides! That's just what we need, awesome ^_^

It seems a few things may not be entirely accurate though...for example in the end of Tempest vid you say her aoe is 100% one-shot - that's not so, it's simply a very hard hitting aoe. On my 43k health blazeplar with ~16k shields on top of that it shreds my shields and does maybe 20-25k damage on top of that(been a while since I ran it so numbers might be bit off). It will be a one shot for most tanks and all dps/healers(unless they shield stack perhaps) but mechanically, this is not an absolute one shot but just a very strong hit. A high health and/or shielding tank can survive it. I've found out there're actually very few absolute one shot mechanics in the game, with most being simply very hard but potentially surviveable hits.

Anyway just putting this here because I'm a dungeon nerd :D

Hrm, some other things I'd like to put out there if it's okay

1)Darkshade 2:
    The Kwama Lord is in fact a dps check, he has a shield during his pound and he will never stop doing it until the shield is broken. Now I've never actually seen even a low level pug fail it but it used to be very possible

Grobul - I applaud the "tank tanks boss away" strat as not many people do it this way and it's significantly less of a mess this way, though in my experience Grobul only listens to taunt when his shield is down so you gotta get him as far as possible and make sure no one hits him(some people try to regain resources off the shielded boss...bad idea) or tank will lose agro. Another thing that greatly helps there is roots. Flying baby netches can be rooted. Don't ask me why and how(looks hilarious :D) but if your dps is low it's amazing help for not being overrun.

2)City of Ash 2:
    Urata the Legion - she actually has a heal, if you don't kill her ads they will heal her. I have actually seen a very low dps group get stuck on this boss, heals were decent so we never died but they simply couldn't get her health down at all becaue the aoe dps was pretty much non existant and she just kept healing to full.

Fire Titan - as a stamina build you obviously have a different approach to this, plus you have very high mobility as a sorc, but I'd outline the importance of shields, mainly Annulment, for squishy magicka builds there. Every single time I see new magicka players there, if they don't use it, they just get annihilated. It's possible to avoid if you're experienced and used to the pattern, but between low stamina magicka toons have and all the damage going on I'd say Annulment is a must.

Valkyn Skoria - interesting strat with healer staying away, we usually just stack and healing spring on the same platform :D There're definitely different ways for tackling this though. Something I'd point out is his channeled attack after breaking platform also gives him a shield and he will continue doing it for as long as the shield is up. So dps really need to focus the boss and get his shield down before they go after atro because otherwise not only he won't stop doing the damage but he will in fact summon MORE atro...it also works significantly better if the tank places boss on the edges so his fire star thing goes off there and not in the centre, making it somewhat easier to avoid - which it seems your tank is already doing too so good job to him :)

3)Fungal 2 - just wanted to say respect for dodging Mysery(the lightning link) there, so few people actually know it can be dodged :D

I really appreciate you taking the time to add thoughts and opinions, different mechanics, etc.

I don't feel i'm making mistakes by saying, for example, that the tempest fight is a 1 shot, because 99.9% of toons are going to die with 1 shot. A 40k+ hp templar tank with 15k+ shields is the exception, not the rule, so this doesn't bother me, it's as close to a 1 shot you are going to find :-P

These mechanics on the bosses that have shields are also a non issue in my eyes - if you aren't burning the shields down by staying active on the boss, wtf are you doing? lol I do realize I haven't mentioned EVERY single thing on every fight, and honestly while taking on a job of this magnitude everyone would make some mistakes.

You aren't wrong in your assessments, but most of them in my eyes are literal non-factors as if you follow my strategies it already takes care of the things you are mentioning, like the shields for example. Once again groups that would not be able to burn through these shields, or kill certain adds, etc. are the absolute 99.9% exception, not the rule.

I appreciate you taking the time to list some interesting ideas and strategies, from one knowledgeable dungeon crawler to another!

But I feel I've done "good enough" here :-D

The series is certainly more in depth than anything that has come before it!

Thanks again!
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brunoad wrote: »
    Something i would find helpful is if you had a mini-map to show where you are in the dungeon.[/qu
    Brunoad wrote: »
    Something i would find helpful is if you had a mini-map to show where you are in the dungeon.

While I agree with this, unfortunately the addon mini-maps in game are very buggy for a lot of the dungeons :-P
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • megnin
    megnin
    ✭✭✭
    Great work, Static! Thank you for the time and effort you've put into making the guides. Those are the most straightforward, easiest to follow guides I've seen. Packed with excellent information!

Do you have any plans to do vMA guides?
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    megnin wrote: »
    Great work, Static! Thank you for the time and effort you've put into making the guides. Those are the most straightforward, easiest to follow guides I've seen. Packed with excellent information!

Do you have any plans to do vMA guides?

Hey Meg!

I'm not sure, I really think as far as VMA goes there are a couple fantastic guides out there, and they are still relevant today. Alcast has a 3 hour video that breaks down each wave of each stage and explains in great detail their mechanics and how best to deal with them.

I saw a lack of effort from the content creation community as far as 4 man content guides go, so I took it upon myself to really go the extra mile. I don't want to put guides out there that I feel are already in existence if they are done well!

Thanks for the kind words Meg :-D
    Static

Stamina sORCerer