The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NEW ULTIMATE DUNGEON GUIDE SERIES!

Emphatic_Static
Emphatic_Static
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey guys!

I have been working very hard lately to produce a new Dungeon Guide series in time for the influx of new players that will be inevitably coming with Morrowind. These 5-10 minute guides not only explain every dungeon boss mechanic and pledge objective in great detail, but also include the named item drops that are associated with each boss.

I know when I was starting out a series like this would have been a life saver. There are other guides out there of course, but from what I have seen they are mostly all outdated. Most were from before One Tamriel, which not only included the introduction of new veteran versions of dungeons we had never had before, but also the named items added to a lot of these dungeons.

The series is not complete yet, but I am working hard every day in order to get this series complete before the launch of Morrowind! I hope this series can become a tool everyone can use to refer new players to in order to make their dungeon and pledge experiences enjoyable and stress free!

I really appreciate the positive feedback everyone has been giving me. Please let me know what you think of the series, and if you like what you see, don't hesitate to SMASH THAT SUBSCRIBE BUTTON on YouTube!

This link is to the playlist that will contain every instanced dungeon in game.
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9XXD5bjzS9j4YXmQIJtlvVDX3dzgqKE6

Also please come by my Stream on Twitch to visit me, I love meeting the members of this community and wish to see us all prosper together!
https://twitch.tv/emphatic_static

[Edit for Title]
Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 15, 2017 3:52PM
Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! Will you be doing trials as well?

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If there is enough of a request for it, I will!

Probably would just make a series covering normal trials as that is what the majority of players will need guides for!
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Static is a community treasure.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are great. Informative and straight to the point.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • TamrielSaviour215
    TamrielSaviour215
    ✭✭✭
    So stoked to be able to look at this when I get home. work has it blocked >_< Thanks for looking out!
    PS4/NA
    Jasunr Cosmus - Imperial Templar, Supreme Healer of the Cosmos CP 240
    Itzal Siavish - Khajit NB, Thief LVL 38
    Bruxana - Altmer Sorc, Powerhouse DPS Lvl 18
    Torvakor - Redguard Stam Warden Lvl 7
    Langsdon Emerson - Imperial DK Tank - Lvl 31
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are very well done we had a guild mate ask about dungeon guides, I'll be sure to pass on the link.
  • kongkim
    kongkim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is cool :) Plz. make the harder ones also :)
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kongkim wrote: »
    That is cool :) Plz. make the harder ones also :)

I will be doing all of the dungeons. I am going to finish the non-DLC ones first, and then complete the IC and Hist dungeons as well!
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sallington wrote: »
    Static is a community treasure.

lol Thanks Sal
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great project. Anything that helps new players run these dungeons smoothly is really good for everyone. It would be nice if we could get some sort of difficulty rating system established for dungeons as well.

@Emphatic_Static What do you think of my Difficulty rating system suggestion I laid out in This thread.

I wanted to create something that actually explained to new players WHY a dungeon was difficult instead of just an arbitrary "perceived toughness" measurement. e.g. Dungeons that have a DPS race mechanic are tougher than ones that let you slowly grind a boss down, Bosses that agro-dump are harder than bosses that stay on tank, etc.

I don't know if you are thinking in these terms but I thought i'd throw it out there.

Either way, great job!
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You got a purty mouth!
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • FoulSnowpaw
    FoulSnowpaw
    ✭✭✭
    Cool B)
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is excellent.
  • Brunoad
    Brunoad
    ✭✭✭
    Good job!! One thing i came across so far is that Spindleclutch 2 has Blood Spawn, not Swarm Mother, as you state.
    Keep it up, very helpful.
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great project. Anything that helps new players run these dungeons smoothly is really good for everyone. It would be nice if we could get some sort of difficulty rating system established for dungeons as well.

@Emphatic_Static What do you think of my Difficulty rating system suggestion I laid out in This thread.

I wanted to create something that actually explained to new players WHY a dungeon was difficult instead of just an arbitrary "perceived toughness" measurement. e.g. Dungeons that have a DPS race mechanic are tougher than ones that let you slowly grind a boss down, Bosses that agro-dump are harder than bosses that stay on tank, etc.

I don't know if you are thinking in these terms but I thought i'd throw it out there.

Either way, great job!

Hey! I really appreciate the kind words, it means a lot to me.

As far as your Difficulty rating system idea - I do like the thought of it. I don't really think ZOS will implement such a thing, though, as I believe the difficulty of a dungeon has many factors for different players. One dungeon may really give a group trouble, but that dungeon may not actually be difficult, they are probably just missing a mechanic!

What I mean by this is that the labeling of a difficulty per dungeon may not work for the reason of complexity of factors involved that would determine the rating. I am hoping that the series I am creating can give a viewer a sense of what would be difficult to accomplish in a dungeon and what would not give their group trouble based upon what they feel their skill and character progression levels are.

Your idea is a good one, but I think a label isn't really what is called for. I believe just a more common knowledge of these dungeon mechanics would alleviate the the guessing of which ones are difficult. I hope to help lift this veil with this series.

Thank you again for your support and thoughts, I appreciate feedback and value new ideas!

Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brunoad wrote: »
    Good job!! One thing i came across so far is that Spindleclutch 2 has Blood Spawn, not Swarm Mother, as you state.

Thank you for catching this! I will fix it tomorrow :-D
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm bumping this thread in the hope that all the dreadful pugs I random with get a chance to stumble upon it!

Thanks for your efforts @Emphatic_Static ❤️
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volrion wrote: »
    I'm bumping this thread in the hope that all the dreadful pugs I random with get a chance to stumble upon it!

Thanks for your efforts @Emphatic_Static ❤️

LOL Thank you very much for the free bumps :-D Feel free to do so as much as you feel necessary, there are a lot of noobs in Tamriel! :-P

Thanks for your support!
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brunoad wrote: »

This video has been replaced with a fixed version.

Thanks again!
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll look at these later.

Thanks for doing something like this! <3
  • GiuEliN0
    GiuEliN0
    ✭✭✭
    Great Job OP and ty for ur work!
    Beta-tester January 2014
    PC EU
    Most Important Character:
    Elsewin, DC, Bosmer Stamblade PVE cp 1100+ Flawless Conqueror
    https://signatur.eso-database.com/12343192/signatur.jpg
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like how straight to the point these are. When I first started playing I used to watch guides that would explain literally everything and I legit just wanted to know the major boss tactics.

Bump for you, and thank you for taking the time to help new players.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good stuff!
    #thisisnotabump
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But what happens when the noobs get kicked from dungeon finder?
    I kid, great concept (didn't actually look as i'm already a "veteran")
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If there is enough of a request for it, I will!

Probably would just make a series covering normal trials as that is what the majority of players will need guides for!
    Nice also as its more veteran trial info out but harder to find normal trial info.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But what happens when the noobs get kicked from dungeon finder?
    I kid, great concept (didn't actually look as i'm already a "veteran")

Honestly I found out a lot of different mechanics and methods to clearing dungeons way quicker and easier than I ever knew existed while doing this series, and I considered myself a "veteran". Oddly enough, I think everyone can stand to learn a few tricks, even the old heads :-D

Thanks for the support tho!
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EucIfYY.gif
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LadyLavina wrote: »
    EucIfYY.gif

This is the best confirmation that I've done good ever!
    Static

Stamina sORCerer
  • deluxesalt
    deluxesalt
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic work! Can't wait till you get started on Morrowind!
  • Emphatic_Static
    Emphatic_Static
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deluxesalt wrote: »
    Fantastic work! Can't wait till you get started on Morrowind!

Right? I feel like I am playing catch up :-D
    Static

Stamina sORCerer