The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.3 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

Executes need to be fixed/adressed

Br1ckst0n
Br1ckst0n
✭✭✭
All the executes with a %-bonus get next to no benefit from thaumaturge/master at arms/elemental expert/mighty due to some changes to the cp calculation. The new formular can be found here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/340367/impact-of-mage-champion-point-rebalances.

Here example values from impale (no cp means they are in an aspect that give the ability no benefit):

Non execute no cp: 4134
Non execute 100 ele: 4754

Execute no cp: 16536
Execute 100 ele: 17156

As you can see the ability gets the full 15% damage bonus from elemental expert while outside of execute range. Once the target drops to execute range the bonus of elemental expert goes down to 3.7%.

I suggest a rework on how the % boni on the execute gets calculated so they properly work with cp.
Edited by Br1ckst0n on May 11, 2017 11:31AM
Offtank of the year 2016
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's okay you won't have resources to spam executes anymore anyway.
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
    Options
  • Br1ckst0n
    Br1ckst0n
    ✭✭✭
    Only executes that arent affected to my knowledge are Mages Fury and Implosion (passive).
    Offtank of the year 2016
    Options
  • Erynyes
    Erynyes
    ✭✭✭
    Br1ckst0n wrote: »
    Only executes that arent affected to my knowledge are Mages Fury and Implosion (passive).
    z2CvR6.gif
    PC NA
    Sword Lhasa magplar
    Dinin Freth magDk
    Shri'Neerune magblade
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erynyes wrote: »
    z2CvR6.gif

I love you :joy:
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not only execute, it's all % increase based damage. All execute beside sorcerer's one are concerned, but also sweeps/jabs.
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's like the game is starting to parody itself at this point.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Erynyes
    Erynyes
    ✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

and it's comin live in 10 days, LMFAO
    PC NA
    Sword Lhasa magplar
    Dinin Freth magDk
    Shri'Neerune magblade
    Options
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wat
    Options
  • Erynyes
    Erynyes
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »

Wat

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/343256/official-discussion-thread-for-eso-morrowind-early-access-details#latest
    PC NA
    Sword Lhasa magplar
    Dinin Freth magDk
    Shri'Neerune magblade
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    z2CvR6.gif

/thread
    Options
  • Darkdex
    Darkdex
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, Are you aware of this? Any ETA for fixing it?

Because (again) Nightblades (along with templars) are going to be affected (even more).
    :disappointed:
    Options
  • Darkdex
    Darkdex
    ✭✭✭
    Also @Br1ckst0n Do you have any screenshots supporting this? If you upload them maybe it will get fixed earlier.
    Options
  • Erynyes
    Erynyes
    ✭✭✭
    Darkdex wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, Are you aware of this? Any ETA for fixing it?

Because (again) Nightblades (along with templars) are going to be affected (even more).
    :disappointed:

can we list that as a DK buff as well :D
    PC NA
    Sword Lhasa magplar
    Dinin Freth magDk
    Shri'Neerune magblade
    Options
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a surprise
    Options
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Developer Comment:
    This is a buff if you only use executes above the threshold.
    Options
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soleya wrote: »
    Developer Comment:
    They've should be toned down or given at least one to magdk, it's just stupid how much time and resources spend to kill squishy *** who just stack shields at zero health

Options
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Developer Comment:
    They've should be toned down or given at least one to magdk, it's just stupid how much time and resources spend to kill squishy *** who just stack shields at zero health

btw, my comment was a joke about how all the nerfs were written up as buffs in the patch notes.
    Options
  • Br1ckst0n
    Br1ckst0n
    ✭✭✭
    What a surprise

It was pretty obvious since the sorc ones just state a bonus damage number for execute instead of a percentage increase like most other executes. And that also presents a pretty easy fix for them aswell.
    Edited by Br1ckst0n on May 11, 2017 4:45PM
    Offtank of the year 2016
    Options
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Developer Comment:

btw, my comment was a joke about how all the nerfs were written up as buffs in the patch notes.
    Meanwhile, my comment wasn't joke
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on May 11, 2017 4:47PM
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Developer Comment:

Haha

"This is a buff if you play any class except DK, Templar, NB and Warden."
    Options
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's been that way all along, this isn't anything new. It's already baked into the parse

+% damage modifiers stack additively, and a +330% damage bonus overshadows +25% thaumaturge
    Options
  • Br1ckst0n
    Br1ckst0n
    ✭✭✭
    It's been that way all along, this isn't anything new. It's already baked into the parse

+% damage modifiers stack additively, and a +330% damage bonus overshadows +25% thaumaturge

CP isnt additively on live though. Of course the way executes work didnt change.

Offtank of the year 2016
    Options
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    Developer Comment:

Haha

DK don't have class execute :(

Options
  • Lum1on
    Lum1on
    ✭✭✭
    All the executes with a %-bonus get next to no benefit from thaumaturge/master at arms/elemental expert/mighty due to some changes to the cp calculation. The new formular can be found here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/340367/impact-of-mage-champion-point-rebalances.

Here example values from impale (no cp means they are in an aspect that give the ability no benefit):

Non execute no cp: 4134
    Non execute 100 ele: 4754

Execute no cp: 16536
    Execute 100 ele: 17156

As you can see the ability gets the full 15% damage bonus from elemental expert while outside of execute range. Once the target drops to execute range the bonus of elemental expert goes down to 3.7%.

I suggest a rework on how the % boni on the execute gets calculated so they properly work with cp.

You are correct that executes do not benefit from CP's (or any other % boosts, e.g. Combat prayer) basically at all. But why is that? Yes, someone already mentioned here that it's because of % modifiers stack additively. And that means:
    Tested without any gear or any other skill/passive - just Impale and 100p in either Blessed or Elemental expert to get the same amount of magicka in both cases

Tooltip: 2 012
    Tooltip (100p Elemental expert, 15,0%): 2 313 // 2012 * 1,15
    Mitigation: 74,12% // 1-(18200-100-5160)/50000
    In case you want to know how to calculate that mitigation I suggest you to check out Asayre's theyrcrafting post on Tamriel's foundry

I did the tests first and here are the results for non-execute phase (first value is 100p in Blessed and second one is in Elemental expert):

Non-critical: 1 491, 1 714
    Critical: 2 237, 2 572

And from there we can see that the difference indeed is 15,0% like you mentioned as well. But when we get to the execute phase something happens:

Non-critical: 5 965, 6 188
    Critical: 8 948, 9 282

The difference is only 3,7%. But that DOES NOT mean Elemental expert wouldn't work. It does, it is just calculated differently. And below I will explain how it works;

Like mentioned earlier some % damage modifiers stack additively. This means you can't basically calculate almost anything directly from the tooltip because it has applied some modifiers already. In this case, Elemental expert affects the tooltip increasing it by 15,0%. But when we calculate the execute damage we can't simply multiply the tooltip by 4 (300,0%) because that is not additive. So we calculate the damage from the original tooltip (2012):
    Non-critical: 2012 * (1 + 3 + 0,15) * 0,74120 = 6189
    Critical: 2012 * (1 + 3 + 0,15) * 1,5 * 0,74120 = 9283

Yes, there are 1 damage difference between the calculations and in-game recorded damage but that is simply because of rounding errors - so no error there
    2012: default tooltip
    (1 + 3 + 0,15); 1: default, 3: 300,0% from the tooltip, 0,15: 15,0% from Elemental expert
    0,74120: 74,12% mitigation
    1,5: 50% critical damage multiplier

If we would use the tooltip we see when we have those 100p in Elemental expert the values would be 6858 (non-critical) and 10286 (critical) which is not true.

So no, there's nothing wrong with executes (except that Templars Radiant destruction and its morphs do not benefit from inferno staves' 8,0% single-target damage boost).

EDIT: Some clarifications and cleaning up.
    Edited by Lum1on on May 12, 2017 6:09AM
    PC EU: @Lum1on
    Options
  • Draqone
    Draqone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aaaah, so this is the hidden sorc buff we have all been waiting for!

:D
    ESO Balance:
    “All skills are equal, but some skills are more equal than others.”
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Developer Comment:

Haha

THIS.
    Options
  • Br1ckst0n
    Br1ckst0n
    ✭✭✭
    Lum1on wrote: »
    So no, there's nothing wrong with executes

I never stated that executes are bugged or anything. Its just completely dumb that these few skills get next to no benefit from CP.
    Offtank of the year 2016
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Developer Comment:

Haha

DK don't have class execute :(

That is true. But it's funny that even if sDK equipped Reverse Slice/Executioner you are still getting screwed compared to Sorcerer.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    #NotaDKProblem
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies