The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PSA for sets like Automaton, Netch, War Maiden

SodanTok
SodanTok
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
  1. They do get buffed by Major Brutality/Sorcery
    VGEgikv.png
    A = Automaton; N - Netch's Touch; W = War Maiden; M B/S = Major Brutality/Sorcery
    Bonus damage from these sets in purple quality is 386
    Expected damage is damage of Brutality/Sorcery in normal situation increased by A/N/W without buff applied
  2. They increase damage of all abilities that deal DAMAGE OF SAME TYPE. Poison damage is not affected by Bonus Physical. Elemental damage is not affected by Bonus Magic. Magic Damage is not affected by Bonus Shock ,...
  3. They do indeed increase damage of light/heavy attacks (if it is same damage type)
  4. They do not increase damage of proc sets - tested Automaton with Kra'gh/Stormfist and Netch's Touch with Stormfist (the shock part of damage)
  5. They do not increase damage of enchantments - tested War Maiden with Magic Damage and Netch's Touch with Shock damage

No passives, CP, attributes. Same gear for all sets. In tests without using 5th piece bonus used mismatched gear with same stats.
Weapons used -> Purple Bow, Purple 2H Sword, Purple Lightning staff, Purple Resto staff. All precise with Deal X Magic Damage ench (btw not buffed by War Maiden)
All skills unmorphed except Power Surge used to gain both Major Buffs. In all situations no skill other the one tested and Power Surge were slotted.
Performed on standard 3M health dummy skeleton on PTS.

Edited by SodanTok on May 10, 2017 5:34PM
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shouldn't War Maiden be reduced somewhat since it's broader in scope than many of the other "Buff X 400" sets?
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Shouldn't War Maiden be reduced somewhat since it's broader in scope than many of the other "Buff X 400" sets?

There are not that many magic damage abilities. Magicka NB seems to have the most.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There are not that many magic damage abilities. Magicka NB seems to have the most.

And even they are using ele wall, fire/shock staves, and ele rage, so not even their full toolkit goes through.

@Peekachu99 Stamina sorcerors, on the other hand... :p
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I thought most of the Templar stuff was "magic", too, even though it reads and/ or should be fire.

But yeah, on second thought I might pick this up for my magblade. Kinda bored with the destruction mastery set.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    War Maiden only benefits dw templar tbh. Only skill that misses out is vamp bane. Sun still needs updating though and then it'll he half decent for magdk.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A thought: WM + Soulshine + Jesus Beam would be absolutely toxic, no?
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They do indeed increase damage of light/heavy attacks
    You sure about that with Netch's, as it specifies abilities, not attacks?

You sure the increased damage isn't from the +Magicka and +129 SD, the 3 & 4 piece of the set provides? (For the no buff/bonus, are you running another set that give you +M +SD for a valid baseline?)

EDIT: n/m...just saw the line about mismatching the 5 pc. Results are odd, but it wouldn't be the first time what something does and what ZoS says it does are two completely different things.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on May 10, 2017 5:10PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They do indeed increase damage of light/heavy attacks
    You sure about that with Netch's, as it specifies abilities, not attacks?

You sure the increased damage isn't from the +Magicka and +129 SD, the 3 & 4 piece of the set provides? (For the no buff/bonus, are you running another set that give you +M +SD for a valid baseline?)

EDIT: n/m...just saw the line about mismatching the 5 pc. Results are odd, but it wouldn't be the first time what something does and what ZoS says it does are two completely different things.

Well I would not be surprised if light/heavy (well I havent tested light rly, but it should be same if it affects heavies) are interally simple no cost abilities
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
      VGEgikv.png
      A = Automaton; N - Netch's Touch; W = War Maiden; M B/S = Major Brutality/Sorcery
      Expected damage is damage of Brutality/Sorcery in normal situation increased by A/N/W without buff applied
    2. They increase damage of all abilities that deal DAMAGE OF SAME TYPE. Poison damage is not affected by Bonus Physical. Elemental damage is not affected by Bonus Magic. Magic Damage is not affected by Bonus Shock ,...
    3. They do indeed increase damage of light/heavy attacks (if it is same damage type)

No passives, CP, attributes. Same gear for all sets. In tests without using 5th piece bonus used mismatched gear with same stats.
    Weapons used -> Purple Bow, Purple 2H Sword, Purple Lightning staff, Purple Resto staff. All precise with Deal X Magic Damage ench (btw not buffed by War Maiden)
    All skills unmorphed except Power Surge used to gain both Major Buffs. In all situations no skill other the one tested and Power Surge were slotted.

I knew that for a while and made a post about it, but the rumour still persisted.

Good to have a second test :blush:
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Added 4 and 5 for clarifications on monster sets and enchantements
    Masel92 wrote: »
      VGEgikv.png

I knew that for a while and made a post about it, but the rumour still persisted.

Good to have a second test :blush:

Yeah that rumor is rooter so hard that even another thread (like this mine) wont help much
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont get how you isolating the buff to base spell damage versus the increase dmg from the set 5th piece. Can you help explain?
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »
    I dont get how you isolating the buff to base spell damage versus the increase dmg from the set 5th piece. Can you help explain?

By finding value of damage before and after the buff and calculating the difference.

Basically if 5th piece bonus is not affected by buffs it will stay same in both situations.

Base damage is literally the same for all tests (because we only insert or remove the 5th set bonus damage). So Major Brutality and Sorcery affect in the same way always.
    Edited by SodanTok on May 10, 2017 5:51PM
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is this...

First:
    using divine 4 pieces of, lets say netch's touch, with magicka enchant and 1 random piece of divine armor with magicka enchant

Test the dps numbers and record

Second:
    using divine 5 pieces of netch's touch with magicka enchant (so now the only difference is the 5 pc bonus)

CP690
    Lv 50 Dunmer DragonKnight Tank/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Sorcerer Dps
    Lv 50 Breton Templar Healer/Dps
    Lv 50 Altmer Nightblade Dps
    Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer Dps
    PS4 - DC
    vSOHM - vAAHM - vHRC - vMA Flawless

My version of a Heavy Attack Sorc build
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭

My guess is this...

First:
    using divine 4 pieces of, lets say netch's touch, with magicka enchant and 1 random piece of divine armor with magicka enchant

Second:
    using divine 5 pieces of netch's touch with magicka enchant (so now the only difference is the 5 pc bonus)

But how do you tell the difference between 4 pieces with major sorcery and 5 pieces with major sorcery?

Are you saying do damage with 4 pieces, buffed and unbuffed. Take that difference and remove it from 5 pieces buffed and compare it to 5 pieces unbuffed?
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So....does this change BiS for anything or any particular build? For a magic toon would it be better to run 2x5 piece over monster? Are any of these 400x weapon or spell power sets gonna be better than Hundings or Julianos now? Would it be good to run them in conjunction with a crafted set? Does it just give different options with similar results.

Honestly, I just spent a boatload of gold on gold sun jewelry......for testing on mag DK. I'll never pull crazy numbers that good players get anyways, but always looking for something to help me out.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

My guess is this...

First:

Second:

But how do you tell the difference between 4 pieces with major sorcery and 5 pieces with major sorcery?

Are you saying do damage with 4 pieces, buffed and unbuffed. Take that difference and remove it from 5 pieces buffed and compare it to 5 pieces unbuffed?

How? You take difference between buffed 4piece and buffed 5piece. That difference is either same as unbuffed 4piece and unbuffed 5piece OR higher if that bonus was indeed buffed too.
    Edited by SodanTok on May 10, 2017 6:08PM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    So....does this change BiS for anything or any particular build? For a magic toon would it be better to run 2x5 piece over monster? Are any of these 400x weapon or spell power sets gonna be better than Hundings or Julianos now? Would it be good to run them in conjunction with a crafted set? Does it just give different options with similar results.

Honestly, I just spent a boatload of gold on gold sun jewelry......for testing on mag DK. I'll never pull crazy numbers that good players get anyways, but always looking for something to help me out.

Probably not. I am not one of those people on top that think about this stuff, but imho just the existence of poison injection and VMA weapons invalidates Automaton from ever being even close to BiS. Probably same for magicka based sets too (tho Sun and War Maiden will probably be better for magDK/magNB than automaton for any stam build).

Imo they are better used in PVP
    Edited by SodanTok on May 10, 2017 6:18PM
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My guess is this...

First:

Second:

How? You take difference between buffed 4piece and buffed 5piece. That difference is either same as unbuffed 4piece and unbuffed 5piece OR higher if that bonus was indeed buffed too.

I think he was just confused about the last row of the table - "expected damage as if not buffed..."

It got me for a second too.. had to look a littler closer at it.
    Just means buffing the base damage by a certain % excluding the 5pc bonus of X set.

With the major sorcery buff on... it'll still buff all of your damage... but it WILL NOT include the extra 400 (in this case, 386) spell damage from the last set piece.

CP690
    PS4 - DC

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/294724/magicka-sorc-heavy-attack-build-homestead-ready/p1?new=1
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

My guess is this...

First:

Second:

I think he was just confused about the last row of the table - "expected damage as if not buffed..."

It got me for a second too.. had to look a littler closer at it.
    Just means buffing the base damage by a certain % excluding the 5pc bonus of X set.

With the major sorcery buff on... it'll still buff all of your damage... but it WILL NOT include the extra 400 (in this case, 386) spell damage from the last set piece.

My 'equation' for that row is basically => [Buffed without bonus] + ( [Bonus without buff] - [No bonus and no buff] )
  • jakeedmundson
    jakeedmundson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »

Probably not. I am not one of those people on top that think about this stuff, but imho just the existence of poison injection and VMA weapons invalidates Automaton from ever being even close to BiS. Probably same for magicka based sets too (tho Sun and War Maiden will probably be better for magDK/magNB than automaton for any stam build).

Imo they are better used in PVP

I'm actually going to try this out... i run a hybrid pet/heavy attack build with my sorc.

5 pc necro
    5 pc netch's (after morrowind changes 2pc bonus)
    sharpened mal lightning

The only thing i use that isn't lightning... is my pet and curse.
    Prob won't be anything amazing but it could be worth a shot. Plus its easy to find gear.
    Netch's will basically take the place of illambris 2 pc and IA 3 pc.
    CP690
    PS4 - DC

• eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
      VGEgikv.png

Can you explain how u calculated the expected dmg pls?
    How much penetration was there? Edit: ignore that one, doesnt make a difference here
    What was the tooltip of the skills?
    Does Warmaiden increase the tooltip of shards?

Not trying to flame you. Just wondering cause, all over your numbers fit. But they r slightly off of what i would expect to see, just based on unbuffed dmg and 1132 SD, and the margin is pretty much as much as the expected effect of +/-80 SD.
    Edited by eso_nya on May 10, 2017 6:48PM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
      VGEgikv.png

Can you explain how u calculated the expected dmg pls?
    How much penetration was there?
    What was the tooltip of the skills?
    Does Warmaiden increase the tooltip of shards?

Not trying to flame you. Just wondering cause, all over your numbers fit. But they r slightly off of what i would expect to see, just based on unbuffed dmg and 1132 SD, and the margin is pretty much as much as the expected effect of +/-80 SD.

Expected dmg = [Buffed without bonus] + ( [Bonus without buff] - [No bonus and no buff] )
    could be wrongly calculated or I made wrong assumptions, the more important thing is that 5th bonus increases damage under Major Buff by more than it does without it

No penetration. (I think 100 is base... so probably 100). 2H ulti ignores resistance so it is full penetration.

Did not check tooltip of those skills. They often lie. But tooltip of 2H ulti was same as damage dealt in all situations I think.

Same as above. Tooltips lie so I didnt care about them.

Dont forget all skills calculate damage differently. Heavy bow take like ~2.2x the weapon damage while something like Crystal Shard only ~1.5x

Edited by SodanTok on May 10, 2017 6:49PM
  • Nichts
    Nichts
    ✭✭✭
    1. ...
    2. ...

That is incorrect. I just tested it on a new pts char. Exactly the same numbers.
    Edited by Nichts on May 10, 2017 6:52PM
    EU-Server @Nichts
    Sanyarin'Donnerblatt - PvE Magicka Nightblade ⇒ Guide
    Sanyarin'Donneraether - PvP Magicka Nightblade
    Sanyarin'Donnerstahl - PvE Tank Nightblade
    Sanyarina'Donnerwasser - PvP Heal/Tank Templar / PvE Healer

• SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nichts wrote: »
    1. ...
    2. ...

That is incorrect. I just tested it on a new pts char. Exactly the same numbers.

So why not divulge more than "incorrect". I have literally the numbers of heavy attacks with and without the set. And they are obviously different so what did you do?

I havent tested light attack so there is slight chance only heavies are affected
    Edited by SodanTok on May 10, 2017 6:54PM
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did my own test with only sun armor on, no weapons. I used a whip on a skeletom dummy. No crit values were used, and several attacks were used to ensure baseline damages.

Spell damage was 646 and 775 buffed.

With 5 pieces
    4191 unbuffed
    4398 buffed

With 4 pieces (-324 magika)
    3756 unbuffed
    3887 buffed.

To anaylze this further i divided the damage done by the spell damage.

For 4191 / 646 = 6.48
    For 4398 / 775 = 5.68
    Difference of .8

For 3756 / 646 = 5.81
    For 3888 / 776 = 5.01
    Difference of .8

Hypothetically with sun
    Base spell dmg is 1032 and 1161
    For 4191 / 1032 = 4.06
    For 4398 / 1161 = 3.78
    Difference is .28

To me this says that the base spell damage alone if the only thing modified by major sorcery.

Maybe theres a better way to do this, but under these circumstances, with cp enabled, i would of thought to see a much bigger damage difference.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I did my own test with only sun armor on, no weapons. I used a whip on a skeletom dummy. No crit values were used, and several attacks were used to ensure baseline damages.

With 5 pieces
    4191 unbuffed
    4398 buffed

3756 unbuffed
    3887 buffed.

For 4191 / 646 = 6.48
    For 4398 / 775 = 5.68
    Difference of .8

For 3756 / 646 = 5.81
    For 3888 / 776 = 5.01
    Difference of .8

Hypothetically with sun
    For 4191 / 1032 = 4.06
    For 4398 / 1161 = 3.78
    Difference is .28

To me this says that the base spell damage alone if the only thing modified by major sorcery.

Maybe theres a better way to do this, but under these circumstances, with cp enabled, i would of thought to see a much bigger damage difference.

Hard to say from your data. Too many unknowns. Like passivess, CP, what gear you used, what gear you replaced 5th bonus with, etc..
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭

With 5 pieces
    4191 unbuffed
    4398 buffed

3756 unbuffed
    3887 buffed.

For 4191 / 646 = 6.48
    For 4398 / 775 = 5.68
    Difference of .8

For 3756 / 646 = 5.81
    For 3888 / 776 = 5.01
    Difference of .8

Hypothetically with sun
    For 4191 / 1032 = 4.06
    For 4398 / 1161 = 3.78
    Difference is .28

Hard to say from your data. Too many unknowns. Like passivess, CP, what gear you used, what gear you replaced 5th bonus with, etc..

I only wore 5 pieces of the set in question and did not replace it with any other set pieces.

Therefore you can see that im also missing light passives, of which the only one that matters is 4884 penetration comparing 4pc to 5pc. I hadnt thought about this during but wouldnt u expect a lot higher numbers if i did have a 5 pc bonus on top of 38y flame damage?
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
      VGEgikv.png
    4. They do not increase damage of proc sets - tested Automaton with Kra'gh/Stormfist and Netch's Touch with Stormfist (the shock part of damage)
    5. They do not increase damage of enchantments - tested War Maiden with Magic Damage and Netch's Touch with Shock damage

U nerf team has commenced to bring eso @ nerf online..

For ur information, weapon damage buff even stamina based damage either poison or physcial and aame goea with magicka.

Major brutailty and major sorcery buff WD and SD so i do not see any problem!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on May 10, 2017 7:49PM
  • Nichts
    Nichts
    ✭✭✭
    Nichts wrote: »
    1. ...
    2. ...

So why not divulge more than "incorrect". I have literally the numbers of heavy attacks with and without the set. And they are obviously different so what did you do?

I havent tested light attack so there is slight chance only heavies are affected

Just to be sure, I did the following:

- Create new char on pts.
    - Don't set CP, dont skill passives / actives - anything.
    - Equip 4 pieces of War Maiden, 1 Piece of mothers sorrow and do HAs on puppet.
    - Equip 5 pieces of War Maiden and do HAs on puppet.

⇒ All HAs did exactly the same damage.

The piece of MS is just to ensure no dirt effects of the game happen (e.g. mundus is equiped even if not selected or something like that.)
    So I had exactly the same basis on both tests, with the exception of the 5th bonus of War Maiden.

I used a fire staff, which was one of the 4/5 pieces War Maiden.
    Edited by Nichts on May 10, 2017 7:55PM
    EU-Server @Nichts
    Sanyarin'Donnerblatt - PvE Magicka Nightblade ⇒ Guide
    Sanyarin'Donneraether - PvP Magicka Nightblade
    Sanyarin'Donnerstahl - PvE Tank Nightblade
    Sanyarina'Donnerwasser - PvP Heal/Tank Templar / PvE Healer

• acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting your findings.