Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Magic Damage Weapons

joaaocaampos
joaaocaampos
✭✭✭✭✭
Like most MMO developers, I think Zenimax values the diversity of builds. Thinking about it, I've come to suggest a new type of weapon for Magicka builds. A weapon with a focus on Magic Damage!

First and foremost, the Mages Guild is not a weapon, of course.

As we all know, the Destruction Staff focuses on elemental damage (flame, frost and shock) and basically covers two classes of the game (Dragonknight and Sorcerer). The other three remaining classes (Nightblade, Templar and Warden) don't have a Magic Damage [focused] weapon. It would be a great addition. There are several suggestions for weapons: a new two-handed staff, two one-handed weapons (wand) etc.

Without a doubt, and through a good balancing, we could have a greater diversity in the Magicka builds.
  • EgoRush
    EgoRush
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree wholeheartedly! But I feel the simplest solution here is to provide a staff that is neutral damage (i.e. does not have an element, so does magic damage). Therefore, Blockade/Clench/Pulsar/Destro Ulti are all magic damage with this neutral staff.

That would hugely benefit NBs and Templars as we'd be able to run sets like War Maiden without gimping 2 of our strongest DoTs.
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor (PvE - www.hodor-guild.eu), Chimaira (PvE)
    Character: Oriantha (Templar Healer), Zelda's Inferno (Dragonknight Tank), The Lumen Sage (Stamina Sorcerer DD), The Umbra Witch (Magicka Nightblade DD), Flirts-With-Boys (Stamina Nightblade DD), Oriantha Ellesidil (Magicka Sorcerer DD/healer), Wariantha (Magicka Warden in the making)

Current vMA score (Templar): Pending return to game
    World Record for all trials pre-Thieves Guild
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj clear
    World first V16 Maw of Lorkhaj speed run clear
    Returning to the game for Morrowind
  • Merkabeh
    Merkabeh
    ✭✭✭
    One hand wands would be awesome...especially if dual wands and wand and shield was an option! :)
    Crusader of The Knights of the Alessian Order

Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!" - Sallington

#CommunicationEquality
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think we should have an equipment spot for relics and each one to have the ability to change damage type of all class skills to that particular relic. Could even xpand this to fighters guild and mage guild or weapon skill lines. Each relic would be for a specific dmg type and or skill line or even have ones that are half this half the other etc.
    Edited by Malacthulhu on September 1, 2017 5:04PM
    Xbox One Na
  • Dsnake25
    Dsnake25
    Soul Shriven
    I would love seeing some one handed mag based weapons, ppl have been discussing staves to have 2 set bonuses, I don't think that is a good idea, I'd much rather see us getting e.g. "spectral swords, maces, axes, daggers" or something like "wands, foci, spell books" whatever which are all 1 handed weapons, to give mag the same options as stamina
    yes you can run 2 swords on a mag build, but it's annoying not to be able to get magicka back, being limited with the passives, skills, etc
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely need a dual wield Magicka weapons skill line AND a one hand and defensive item Magicka weapons skill line.

Been a long time coming, not sure why the resistance exists.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duel wield Meridia's light sabers
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Merkabeh wrote: »
    One hand wands would be awesome...especially if dual wands and wand and shield was an option! :)

Wand and shield, yes!
    fcbb42d28ade6d80eb4ba409181067e4d4552489.jpg

Or, staff and shield.
    5caa172e75d7fcc0369b431ab53c224a.png
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was a thread some time ago that talked about how stamina characters don't get to benefit from class immersion do to a majority of their skills being from the weapon skill lines. Eventually the conversation turned to this very idea. I love it. If magic damage is going to be a thing then there should be a weapon that utilizes that. To assume a staff can only channel an element seems short-sighted. There should also be 2 or 3 magic weapon skill lines added. You could have wand and orb skills that could allow for magicka tanks to be much more. A book of conjuration line that offered bound deadric weapons that would allow for better spellsword type builds. Magicka staves should be just be added to the destruction staff line and reflected in the passives.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like most MMO developers, I think Zenimax values the diversity of builds. Thinking about it, I've come to suggest a new type of weapon for Magicka builds. A weapon with a focus on Magic Damage!

As we all know, the Destruction Staff focuses on elemental damage (flame, frost and shock) and basically covers two classes of the game (Dragonknight and Sorcerer). The other three remaining classes (Nightblade, Templar and Warden) don't have a Magic Damage [focused] weapon. It would be a great addition. There are several suggestions for weapons: a new two-handed staff, two one-handed weapons (wand) etc.

Without a doubt, and through a good balancing, we could have a greater diversity in the Magicka builds.

Certainly not suggesting we should not have a second magicka based weapon being that stam has 3 DD weapons.

However, how do dStavs not work for NBs, Templars and Wardens? Granted, Templars can benefit from going DW swords on their front bar, but a staff on the back bar is beneficial.

I think a new weapon line will be added via a chapter in 2018 or 2019.
    Edited by idk on September 1, 2017 5:45PM
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭

Certainly not suggesting we should not have a second magicka based weapon being that stam has 3 DD weapons.

However, how do dStavs not work for NBs, Templars and Wardens? Granted, Templars can benefit from going DW swords on their front bar, but a staff on the back bar is beneficial.

I think a new weapon line will be added via a chapter in 2018 or 2019.

I think OP just means that NBs, Wardens, and Templars benefit most from magic damage while sorcs and DKs get the most out of elemental. So if a templar was wearing War Maiden they would get no added benefit from destro staff abilities while a sorc in Netch or a DK in silks or BSW would. Having a magic staff would balance that more
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any kind of magicka melee weapon would be nice, also stam could use some kind of support/healing weapon that mimics the resto staff. Status effect for magic and physical damage would be cool too.