Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

StamBlade: Vampire or Werewolf?

DevinVering
Magicka characters make the best vampires obviously, but I have been debating with myself whether I should be a WW or a vampire on my Stamblade. WW would provide extra stamina regen which would help greatly and might allow me to focus more weapon damage enchantments on my jewelry as opposed to stam regen. But vampire would provide great CC for PvP and also some great passives. Being that my character is a dark elf I have been leaning vamp, but is WW worth the extra stamina regen?
DevinVering has been a fan of the Elder Scrolls series since Oblivion. He has been playing Elder Scrolls Online since he got his Xbox One in 2015. He plans to upgrade to PC sometime in the future, but might buy the Scorpio when it comes out.
Level 50 StamDK Redguard Warrior
Level 50 StamNB Dunmer Vampire
Level 50 MagSorc High Elf
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there is any advantage to WW at all other than the fun factor. Vamp has free regen as long as your good at avoiding fire. Even then one can feed before entering instances with a lot of fire.
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    For PvP vampire. Dark stalker passive is op
  • Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, vampires get stamina Regen along with magicka, and they don't have to slot a vampire ultimate to get it, like werewolves. They also get 33% mitigation when approaching low health. The biggest difference is they get extremely fast sneaking speed. Really the only true downside in terms of this game's vampire meta is looking at ugly stage 4 vampires everywhere.

In spite of all this, I have a Stamblade werewolf. I think it's fun to sneak up on enemies and then transform near them.
    Edited by Bladerunner1 on May 4, 2017 10:38PM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WW passives don't work out of form.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, vampires get stamina Regen along with magicka, and they don't have to slot a vampire ultimate to get it, like werewolves. They also get 33% mitigation when approaching low health. The biggest difference is they get extremely fast sneaking speed. Really the only true downside in terms of this game's vampire meta is looking at ugly stage 4 vampires everywhere.

In spite of all this, I have a Stamblade werewolf. I think it's fun to sneak up on enemies and then transform near them.

Only downsides? 75% less hp regen (no trollking) and 25% more damage to fire (eots D:). 20% more damage taken against dawmbreaker/trap beast.

in turn you get 10% stam/magicka regen, sneak speed and mitigation while at low hp.

fair trade offs in my opinion. it only gets sour when sorcs use mist with shields in my opinion.

vamps still need improvment. no incentive to feed in pvp is a problem. terrible stage rebalance also.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    HP regen is nothing any heal outperforms hp-regen. Fire dmg is not as hard as you can think, dmg mitigation at low HP compensates it (you can tank chm SoA2 with vampire tank without any problems.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stannum wrote: »
    HP regen is nothing any heal outperforms hp-regen. Fire dmg is not as hard as you can think, dmg mitigation at low HP compensates it (you can tank chm SoA2 with vampire tank without any problems.

these negatives are more so aimed at pvp.
    PS4 NA DC