The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please Nerf Fishing

Mattock_Romulus
Mattock_Romulus
✭✭✭✭✭
Fisherpeople as it stands are way overpowered.

They can endlessly cast their line without consequences or thought. This makes for boring and simplistic game play.

I recommend implementing resources that are required in order to cast. These resources would allow one cast every five or so minutes. That way it would force the player to utilize fishing gear with recovery glyphs in order to cast more frequently.

Implementing this resource system would enhance the economy and gameplay in general by encouraging players to grind for BIS fishing gear or buy similar but ultimately weaker gear from a crafter.

Thoughts?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
    Options
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm, yes. Fisherpeople have had it too easy for too long! Easy-buttoning their way to massive perfect roe profits and the best title in the game, no strategy, no counterplay - this is how that one game died a horrible death, letting people just have things with no effort!

(And the ones in Cyrodiil are the absolute worst!)
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
    Options
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Seriously?

No. :)
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
    Options
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?

Yes. :smiley:
    Options
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ofSunhold wrote: »
    Hm, yes. Fisherpeople have had it too easy for too long! Easy-buttoning their way to massive perfect roe profits and the best title in the game, no strategy, no counterplay - this is how that one game died a horrible death, letting people just have things with no effort!

LOL! I have 3 Master Anglers and I suck at PVP. I can't tell you how many times I was ganked from behind while fishing in Cyrodiil.

The tediousness of fishing is punishment enough.........we don't need to be punished further. ;)
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
    Options
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about other fishers but I only fish for the kelp! B)
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
    Options
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL! I have 3 Master Anglers and I suck at PVP. I can't tell you how many times I was ganked from behind while fishing in Cyrodiil.

The tediousness of fishing is punishment enough.........we don't need to be punished further. ;)

If I see you fishing in Cyrodiil, I promise to leave you alone.

Because if I can see you, you're either not a PvPer at all... or there's a nightblade around here, just waiting for me to move on you. >.>
    Options
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thoughts?

Awesome!
    Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh, them wurms are resource intensive enough. just watching the wurm counter squiggling away. 600g, I mean, come on.
    Options
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4qAgs47.png

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Options
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If I see you fishing in Cyrodiil, I promise to leave you alone.

Because if I can see you, you're either not a PvPer at all... or there's a nightblade around here, just waiting for me to move on you. >.>

Funny thing is.........when I was fishing down by AD's base camp, the AD people did leave me alone. It was DC that kept sending me into Oblivion. This is why I hate DC and nightblades! (just jk'ing).
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
    Options
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No counter play? Tell that to ad zerg destroulting me while fishing in Cyrodiil.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh look, another thread from someone trying to be funny and hide their whining rather than actually focusing on feedback the devs could use.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Oh look, another thread from someone trying to be funny and hide their whining rather than actually focusing on feedback the devs could use.

Oh look another comment from someone high up on their horse complaining about an obvious joke rather then actually focusing on feedback the devs could use.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh look another comment from someone high up on their horse complaining about an obvious joke rather then actually focusing on feedback the devs could use.
    It's a very nice horse and I like to make sure I get full use from it.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a very nice horse and I like to make sure I get full use from it.

cool.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    make+it+so_2.jpg
    Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Turelus
    ***-posts are nice occasionally, otherwise it's post after post of complaining, bug reports, yada yada... not that there should be more, but a few every now and then aint too bad. lets peeps release some steam in a non-toxic way.
    Options
  • Veg
    Veg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @Turelus
    ***-posts are nice occasionally, otherwise it's post after post of complaining, bug reports, yada yada... not that there should be more, but a few every now and then aint too bad. lets peeps release some steam in a non-toxic way.

What is this "***" post you speak of?

Edited by Veg on May 3, 2017 7:12AM
    ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Options
  • raknorok
    raknorok
    ✭✭✭

I approve of the poop on PVP part
    Edited by raknorok on May 3, 2017 7:13AM
    the Rambunctious
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Veg wrote: »
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    @Turelus

What is this "***" post you speak of?

On these forums we have to call them trash posts. star star star post doesn't seem as interesting to read.

If this is purely just a trash post sure, I can accept it. However with the number of crying posts which people try to hide behind trash post has cynical people like myself reading everything that way.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What really needs a nerf is that special fishing bait (Shad etc). I mean if that's not P2W in it's worst form... ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want afk fishing.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

Options
  • Bartdude
    Bartdude
    ✭✭✭

Ha you were well unlucky then, the whole time I was in Cyrodiil fishing for the title I only ever saw 1 other person and they ran straight past me and carried on going! lol
    "No *** lady! does it sound like I'm ordering pizza?"
    Options
  • Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know op is joking but it would be cool if cloth crafters could craft a cosmetic hat that increases the chance of catching rares.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
    Options
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean you can actually fish in ESO. I have been playing the game all wrong since 2014.
    Options
  • Gamanoid
    Gamanoid
    ✭✭✭
    They should be required to heavy-attack each time they cast their line to regain stamina for fishing.

And I say don't stop with fishing, this should apply to all forms of crafts and trade. It breaks my immersion to be able to refine hundreds of items without feeling fatigued.

Clearly this is not the intended way to play.

This is not the Elder Roes Online; nerf fisherpeople!
    Options
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next topic: Please Nerf Housing
    Options
  • Erynyes
    Erynyes
    ✭✭✭
    fishing leaderboards plz!
    PC NA
    Sword Lhasa magplar