The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Desing flaw with Morrowind and other DLC.

wimhwimladimf
wimhwimladimf
✭✭✭
@ZOS_JohanaB @ZOS_GinaBruno

Does Devs take in to consideration that if they dont sell enough copies of new exp, they will basically split player base? This will mostly affect queue times as those who will buy exp will want to queue for new content while rest will do only old content. When player base is big enough, this shouldn't be problem, but if it's not, queue times will skyrocket and many areas will feel empty.

Imo there's better approach for releasing DLC. Check for example what Blizzard is doing with upcoming Diablo 3 new Class. The class will be pay to unlock, but all other content, including locations will be free to download for those who have the base game with exp. This kind of approach allows Blizzard to get some money from selling new class while keeping player base together, because they can still play on all new areas together.

I realize that Diablo 3 is not an MMO, but any approach which split player base may at some point ruin the game. Imo all kind of group content which impact balance shouldn't be locked behind paid DLC. (Just for the record, i got all DLC)

The most important thing to realize is that ESO will have to compete with many AAA titles and it's gonna be difficult to keep player base stable or growing if you keep throwing 40$ DLC every few months with patch notes that makes most of the community facepalm. In most MMO's new DLC usually bring new hard to progress end game content while old content is becoming easier due to power creep, better items, etc. In ESO it's completetely the opposite, because with all those nerfs you basically made old content harder for those who didnt even manage to do it during the "easy times".

Do some test on your own on PTS. Make a fresh character with each class and lvl it to 50 / 160 CP via questing, without Crown store stuff (exp scrolls, crown food/potions). Maybe then you will realize how boring it has became with all those recent nerfs. There's too many useless ablities which feel like they were placed only to fill the spot in class window. During lvling new character i couldnt find even few situations where i would want to keep some of these abilities on my bar for more than lvling, in case they become useful one day. On top of that we have like milion sets , while most of them is also useless. Why dont you try to copy system from Diablo 3 which gives players a chance to find legendary items that boost or change power or specific ability and give a lot more options to create unique build?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure anyone who is a fan of the game is going to buy the expansion.

Even those screaming about how they hate everything about it will probably end up buying it because it's the only new content coming out. I doubt the population will be divided that much by this release.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be surprised if the adoption rate among active players (once every 2 weeks) for Morrowind was less than 50% by the end of the year. Heck, I will be surprised if it is even close to 50%. New player adoption will be less than that, same as it is for ESO Plus, but as they transition out of being a new player, my guess is that they will pick it up.

It will be on sale between June 2017 and June 2018, and that will help. I think they want as many people to buy it as possible, even if at a discount, since additional Chapters will be a burden as they start to accumulate.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options