The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Criminality is overpowered, boring. A justice system suggestion.

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    theslynx wrote: »
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Add new - sure - but add-on ot takeaway - not so much.

I'm not sure I totally understand. I don't see my suggestion as a way of subtracting any current content.

"ot" was supposed to be "or" as in either, not necessarily both.

I did not quote any specific portion of your post to lead into that statement. It was not meant to point out a specific portion of your proposal that was take-away as likely you define it.

That sentence was more of a closing or summary of general principle which often, very often, apllies.

For your specific proposal the first sentence, what i lead with, is the most applicable (might be why it was first some people would surmise.)

"right now the base justice thieving system is if you know what you are doing about as difficult and profitable as other casual repeatable content - less than some and more than others."

But back to the take-away point:

Now i get that some people want to promote getting other people to play how they want them to and not play how they dont want them to, and in your case it seems to come back to the old tired "caught doing crime is bad" thing and so by making playing the "approved by @theslynx playstyle" more rewarding you hope to nudge that further along but it does amount to extending the period of downside or impact of playing the other playstyles you are targeting.

Suppose tomorrow new content was added that required not having failed a MA run (N, V, HM) within a week? Would you think that would encourage folks to try MA more or cut back on its participation?

HINT: More carrots for not failing means fewer folks who try it. Fewer folks who try it since everyone fails at the beginning means fewer people getting good enough to keep at it. Fewer keeping at it means long term fewer doing it.

So, hey, lets not start adding in more ways to actively discourage folks from trying to get better at their content of choice by always or almost always when injustice is concerned trying to find ways to up the penalties for casual play and failure.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• nicspayne
    nicspayne
    Soul Shriven
    I'd love to be able to kill everyone and leave no witnesses system to clear my bounty if I got spotted doing crime. :smile:
    Athelisa | Imperial | DK Tank/off-tank/Cheerleader | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    PC EU
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing i'd like to see is that when i screw up and NPC yells "Guards!", the guards within 50 meters would actually run there. If i manage to avoid them they would return back to their routines after few seconds. It might be even useful as a diversion...
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone