Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka NB needs a useful Monsterset (PvE) - Buff Nerien'eth?

dmextra
dmextra
✭✭
Hey everyone :)

There are many threads for the magicka nightblade, but most of them switch to PvP aspects after the first two pages, so please try to focus on PvE-balancing :)
As most of you know, magicka nightblades do have a lack of damageoutput, because of different aspects mentioned in other threads (merciless, ... ), but i think another reason for their bad DPS is, that there is no monsterset, which they can use effectively combined with their classcharacteristics.

Here is a list of monstersets that could be used as a magicka DPS nightblade:

- Valkyn: triggers with DoTs, not much damage on a nightblade and would be to OP in PvP for other classes if it would get buffed

- Ilambris: does tons of DPS if you have a lot of fire and shock damage (sorcs), but nightblades don't have any classabilities doing elemental damage, especially if we use funnel health in the next patch, because of ressource changes! Added to that it would be to strong on sorcs, if it would get another buff.

- Grothdarr: great damage, high procchance even on nightblade, BUT it is a melee set (no one wants to play magicka nightblade as a melee)

- Molag Kena: bad choice, because of the new changes to sustain

- Nerien'eth: nobody uses it, because the damageoutput is pretty low, so it could be an option for a magicka nightblade, IF it gets a buff.

Here are my suggestions for buffing Nerien'eth fitting in with the classspecifics of the magicka nightblade:

1. Change the way the set triggers to magic damage instead of direct damage (sorcs would still be using Ilambris)
2. Change the 8% chance to proc the crystal to 20%+ (grothdarr has 10% chance with every damagetype)
3. Change first bonus to max. magicka instead of max. health

further possible changes to balance it with other sets:

- increase the damage of the crystal
- decrease the time the crystal explodes after it appears
- change cooldown

I think these changes would help to increase the DPS of the magicka nightblade a bit. Another good point is, that you would see different sets in trials besides Grothdarr and Ilambris :D The changes mentioned above wouldn't buff other classes, because they have their own monstersets to use and they wouldn't affect PvP, because it's easy to go out of the damage area.

Let me know, if you think it would be a good or a bad idea to buff Nerien'eth ;) I hope ZOS reads and thinks about it too :D

PS: i don't know if there is another thread with this topic, but i hope there isn't :D
Edited by dmextra on April 30, 2017 2:17PM
EU - PC - Noractis - Gildenleitung - ingame-ID: @dmextra
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Flame staff and lightning one bars.

1) Blockade of fire — source of fire dmg
    2) Shock clench — source of shock dmg.

Thats why magnb can run illambris (I dont think that King Assa would run illambris if theres no point)

And I like the idea to make nerieneth more viable but, unfortunately, not with those changes.
    Edited by Pijng on April 30, 2017 1:21PM
  • SorataArisugawa
    SorataArisugawa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solathia wrote: »
    Hey everyone :)

There are many threads for the magicka nightblade, but most of them switch to PvP aspects after the first two pages, so please try to focus on PvE-balancing :)
    As most of you know, magicka nightblades do have a lack of damageoutput, because of different aspects mentioned in other threads (merciless, ... ), but i think another reason for their bad DPS is, that there is no monsterset, which they can use effectively combined with their classcharacteristics.

Here is a list of monstersets that could be used as a magicka DPS nightblade:

- Valkyn: triggers with DoTs, not much damage on a nightblade and would be to OP in PvP for other classes if it would get buffed

- Ilambris: does tons of DPS if you have a lot of fire and shock damage (sorcs), but nightblades don't have any abilities doing elemental damage, especially if we use funnel health in the next patch, because of ressource changes! Added to that it would be to strong on sorcs, if it would get another buff.

- Grothdarr: great damage, high procchance even on nightblade, BUT it is a melee set (no one wants to play magicka nightblade as a melee)

- Molag Kena: bad choice, because of the new changes to sustain

- Nerien'eth: nobody uses it, because the damageoutput is pretty low, so it could be an option for a magicka nightblade, IF it gets a buff.

Here are my suggestions for buffing Nerien'eth fitting in with the classspecifics of the magicka nightblade:

1. Change the way the set triggers to magic damage instead of direct damage (sorcs would still be using Ilambris)
    2. Change the 8% chance to proc the crystal to 20%+ (grothdarr has 10% chance with every damagetype)
    3. Change first bonus to max. magicka instead of max. health

further possible changes to balance it with other sets:

- increase the damage of the crystal
    - decrease the time the crystal explodes after it appears
    - change cooldown

I think these changes would help to increase the DPS of the magicka nightblade a bit. Another good point is, that you would see different sets in trials besides Grothdarr and Ilambris :D The changes mentioned above wouldn't buff other classes, because they have their own monstersets to use and they wouldn't affect PvP, because it's easy to go out of the damage area.

Let me know, if you think it would be a good or a bad idea to buff Nerien'eth ;) I hope ZOS reads and thinks about it too :D

PS: i don't know if there is another thread with this topic, but i hope there isn't :D

Don't think this all in necessary. Just play 5-5-1. Better anyway... :tongue:
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • dmextra
    dmextra
    ✭✭
    Pijng wrote: »

Thats why magnb can run illambris (I dont think that King Assa would run illambris if theres no point)

And I like the idea to make nerieneth more viable but, unfortunately, not with those changes.

In the current live patch, ilambris is defenitely BiS, but WHY do we have to use destruction staff abilities to proc it, if you could wear a monsterset, that synergizes well with the class??
    The changes I suggested are only examples of how zos could change the set, nothing else.
    Edited by dmextra on April 30, 2017 2:00PM
    EU - PC - Noractis - Gildenleitung - ingame-ID: @dmextra
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    Solathia wrote: »
    Pijng wrote: »

In the current live patch, ilambris is defenitely BiS, but WHY do we have to use destruction staff abilities to proc it, if you could wear a monsterset, that synergizes well with the class??
    The changes I suggested are only examples of how zos could change the set, nothing else.
    Same goes to sorcs: why they have to use BoF to proc fire effect of the illambris.
    As well as force pulse is the spam skill not even from sorcerer's skill lines
  • LucaH199800
    LucaH199800
    Soul Shriven
    In my opinion this would be a great solution to make an old monsterset like Nerien'eth viable again.^^
  • HoboSteveIrwin
    Instead of buffing an old set they'll just nerf all the newer ones. Be careful what you wish for.
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerienth would be perfect for mag nb...
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
    #BuffSam
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Better than neri should be Ice heart... but the dmg and the proc chance is idiotic... and they changed frost staff to that ugly thing...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique