The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Afking By Dolem's While Doing Homework -> Is It Against ToS?

Elusiin
Elusiin
✭✭✭✭✭
So as the title says, if I sit by my laptop to do some math homework, but move my mouse every 5 minutes or so to keep from being logged out, while I'm in a dolem party, is that considered against the ToS/will I get suspended or ban? I see a lot of people doing it, and I really wanna level, but at the same time do my homework... Just seems convenient to me, so I'm wondering if it's okay.
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    School is more important. Log out. Do your work and log back in. Since you're not making your character do anything but are only moving the mouse, I believe it's a TOS violation
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • Ignotus
    Ignotus
    ✭✭✭
    As long as you are actually controlling the character yourself, I don't think it's a violation. I don't see the problem with camping a dolmen. Do something manually periodically to keep from logging out due to inactivity, and then actually play manually with your hands on the keyboard/mouse or controller when the dolmen goes active. That seems legit to me personally. I frequently stop to eat or do something while I'm playing and I periodically move my character a little with my fingers pressing the keys in order to keep me from getting logged out. I like to read the chat and keep up with conversations going on while I eat or whatever.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's only against the TOS if you automate your character's actions AFAIK.
    Whether you are doing homework, the dishes, or making coffee while you wait for the spawn should be irrelevant.
  • Dracindo
    Dracindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really think it's against the rules, but at the same time, I don't think it's a fun way of playing the game.

Also, like @Meri20098 , school is more important, and leaving the game open will distract you. Close the game, and concentrate on your work first. You'll get better grades and your work will be done sooner so you can actively play again.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're preventing a log-off by moving your mouse while waiting for the dolmen to spawn, so you can fight the dolmen yourself when it does, then that is totally fine. If however, you're just standing there after dolmen spawns, doing nothing but gathering your party's XP while they fight the dolmen, then that could be against the TOS.

EDIT: come to think of it I don't think standing there gathering your party's XP is against TOS, but since dolmens are a favourite place for botters to hang out and gather XP similarly but illegaly, you run the risk of unfairly being reported as a botter. I don't know how ZOS checks out these reports to decide whether or not you're 'guilty' so I wouldn't take the chance.
    Edited by Saturnana on May 5, 2017 9:44AM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Rhoric
    Rhoric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it isn't against the TOS as you are NOT automating anything. You are not holding any buttons down in any shape.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're stood idle AFK then no it's not against ToS. However considering all of the people who will be reporting bots it might not be wise.

As others have said, just stay offline and do your work, then actually play and enjoy the game later. You can get levels and CP fast enough without needing to AFK a dolmen.

If you really have to do what you're saying, just fight the dolmen and work between respawns.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."