The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you think ZOS listens to player feedback?

angelncelestine
angelncelestine
✭✭✭✭
Edited by angelncelestine on April 28, 2017 9:54PM

Do you think ZOS listens to player feedback? 267 votes

Yes
38%
IcyDeadPeopleTabbycatCasterialthesilverball_ESOItsMeTook9mouseNewBlacksmurfBigBraggcodybrewer78b14_ESOotis67CapnPhotonEsha76Sigtricoverclocker303b14_ESOOsteosssewallb14_ESOFaulgorPendrillionTurelusjedtb16_ESO 102 votes
No
51%
MorbashGilvothLegacyDMMojmirarasysb14_ESOKesstrylgameswithaspoonquadraxis666raglauNebthet78skoomatraitCalculated_RiskfioskalJacozillaKaaldeinAllu07neb18_ESOTeridaxusLivvyHatchetHarobooksmcread 137 votes
Other
10%
kevlarto_ESOalenae1b14_ESOAcrolasLuxLunaedeepseamk20b14_ESOrotaugen454DanikatMalmaiMagdalinaSnippit_ThomasTerrorAhPook_Is_HereLylithTheBonesXXXThePonzzzBouldercleaveStovahkiinredspecter23ArcVelarianBalamoor 28 votes
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Devs are living in their own reality.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    "speaketh volumes, yet they can hear no better"
  • Sn1per0
    Sn1per0
    ✭✭✭
    No
    But then again I wouldn't listen to 90% of the people on the forums so can't really blame them
  • TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes they listen, but 95%+ of player feedback given is total garbage.
    Edited by TheStealthDude on April 28, 2017 9:59PM
  • deluxesalt
    deluxesalt
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Just because they aren't obeying your every command doesn't mean they aren't listening...
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, they don't tend to make big changes immediately, but if you look back at all the patch notes during the past 3 years, vast majority of all the changes were in response to player feedback. Sometimes it takes six months or a year before you finally see the changes, but they are definitely listening.
  • IronCrystal
    IronCrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    They do take some consideration in, but I've found throughout previous patches that they just decide the game needs to go in a certain direction and doesn't make any changes to that direction based on our feedback.
    Make PC NA raiding great again!

Down with drama!

What Mechanics Healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Homestead Raid Scores
    vHRC 157,030
    vAA 138,287
    vSO 153,393
    vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes and No. ESO is now well down the path of the whale hunter. Any suggestion that goes against whale revenue maximization theory will be automatically discarded like a corrupt packet. But if your suggestions directly or indirectly relate to increasing whale spending, decent chance it will be considered.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Must be troll post....
    Answer is so obvious
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Devs are living in their own reality.

this ^
    in addition to that, i do not think devs play the game "on a daily basis and every day all day like we customers do"
    you might see them from time to time play for maybe 1/2 hour or even make a video or show up somewhere ingame with hidden characters in someones guild but not like we do and especially NOT in PvP constantly like we customers do.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    • Jewellry crafting
    • Weapon dying
    • Token sytem
    • Gear re-stying
    • Separate PVE/PVP balance
    • Keep sub model
    • No gambling boxes
    • Don't be greedy
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    pick and choose. They listen to what they want and ignore what they don't want
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No. Hell no. Sure things change and it's chalked up to player feedback, but the only people I ever know who are happy with the crazy changes are a very small percentage. Probably those who have enough time on their hands to whine on the forums through multiple accounts.
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    They listen to what sounds good to them, and ignore the rest. Granted, there are a ton of things that they should and do ignore, but there are some really basic things that we've been asking for for a long time and we continue to get ignored.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    there is a difference between listening and responding.....
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    They definitely listen. If they do what they are asked to do is a different question entirely.
  • Heroeric1337
    Heroeric1337
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes they do, Gina with ZoS stated the other day that most feedback is noticed and read, but they are so busy with work that they dont always have the time to comment about it.

Coming from my opinion though, Half the feedback submitted that from what I could see is more or less people saying "oh you made it harder for us we hate you" type of nonsense, so of course you gotta expect a slight lack of progress as a result.
  • br0steen
    br0steen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    They absolutely listen, just to the wrong players. They have a hard time sifting through the mud.

Edit: reduce cost being taken out of cp is the result of people on the forums complaining about "endless sustain tanky players"

Be careful what you wish for forum goers.
    Edited by br0steen on April 28, 2017 10:18PM
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The "nerf" sorcs got clearly backs up my choice.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I think it's hard to tell.

Even if they add something players requested we can't be sure if it's because players requested it or if ZOS were going to do it anyway. Like the story that Tamriel Unlimited came about because one of the developers got his son playing the game and then found out they were in different alliances and could never play together. The way the article was written it made it sound like that was literally the reason they made the decision, but it could just be an example to illustrate a point a lot of us had raised on many occasions. (For narrative purposes it does read better that way.) In the same article they mentioned it was one of the final steps of a re-work that had been planned since shortly before release, which makes it unlikely it was based on feedback from anyone except beta testers, certainly not some kid who started playing after the console release. Even if it was his dad's game.

You also have to allow for the fact that that a lot of player feedback is unusable for one reason or another. Some of it just isn't right for this game - like adding open-world PvE to all zones. Some of it isn't right for this genre. I can't remember specific examples but some people post lists of suggestions that basically amount to changing the game into a MOBA or a first-person shooter or an RTS or something. Some of it is far more work than could ever be justified, like adding realistic AI and interactions to all the wildlife. Some of it is as close to impossible as you can get, like the request to convert the entire game into a single open world, that would require basically rebuilding the whole thing from scratch.

And then every so often there's a suggestion that's just incomprehensible nonsense. Or something that's already in the game.

There's also suggestions that contradict one-another, like people who want houses to be un-instanced and placable in the world so everyone can visit everyone and players can set up shops and taverns and things vs. people who basically want their own pocket dimension where they can customise everything (I even saw one person asking for settings for how physics would work). If they do one they can't do the other.

But in spite all that they definitely have made changes that players have asked for. Some examples from my memory include: adding dyes, adding shields to the list of things that could be dyed, One Tamriel, the Justice system (not implementing the PvP side falls under the 'contradictory feedback issue - some people asked for it, some asked for it not to happen), housing and adding Vvardenfell to the game. Although I suspect that last one would definitely have happened sooner or later.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I believe they listen to the feedback on the forums, as well as on the PTS. I suspect that they follow very little of the former, and rather more of the latter. That sounds like the right approach to me.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I think they hear what they want to hear and draw conclusions based on that. If they actually played the game like they suggested they do on ESO live today, they would understand the massive negativity in the game, whether it be in PTS or in game zone or guild chats or discord/TS. They would not be very proud of themselves if they actually heard what people were saying about them.

Prior to the PTS patch notes, this is what I assumed players were wanting from the upcoming expansion.
    - Morrowind content including overland questing, public dungeons and a new trial (norm and vet versions)
    - Relief for RNG insanity for weapons from drop sets in both dungeons, trials and arenas (token system or some other system)
    - PVP balance away from heavy armor and infinite sustain builds
    - Trait rebalance so that divines/impen/sharpened dominance would open up for more options

What I didn't hear a single person ask for was the complete destruction of PVE due to "infinite sustain" which I will assure you was not the case in PVE unless in well coordinated endgame elite groups. ZOS must have some awesome filter on to hear people asking to be nerfed into the ground when I never heard that at all.
    Edited by redspecter23 on April 28, 2017 10:39PM
  • overclocker303b14_ESO
    Yes
    After watching the live show today I'm pretty much sure they do. I don't think they have the resources to make everyone feel like a special snowflake and there are some people that are apparently upset by that.

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes... or there's no way the sorcerer healer would be feasible.

The smart heals didn't heal the right people in the beginning.

It used to die to everything, especially aoes, elden hollow ( fire), coh fire.

It had issues with posion damage such in places like fungal grotto, imperial city prison, dark shade.

It used to die when you went in portals in imperial city prison.

Umm... it used to die being stupid.

P.S still kills the user due to occasionally overlapping....overchargers...overchargers...

...orbs = stamina support

Pet

* Other things, there was disappearing loot form houses. R.I.P
    * Pets could battle in the arena when the caster was on the 2nd floor
    * Mounts should not cost more than 2500 crowns (recently)

Edited by Tasear on April 28, 2017 10:50PM
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    They do, they just don't use the forums as a sole contribution method.

I think "listen" is being confused with "react" though. Just because they see something, doesn't mean they have to adjust for it.
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    They listen. They just solve complaints in their own way. For example, many well known streamers have been complaining that sustain is too easy. What they did to fix that complaint just went beyond what people were wanting.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    They listen. They just solve complaints in their own way. For example, many well known streamers have been complaining that sustain is too easy. What they did to fix that complaint just went beyond what people were wanting.

Flawed on SO many levels.
    • Streamers are a TINY subset of gamers that can afford the bandwidth and gear to stream while they play.
    • Streamers are married to shock value to generate INCOME (click bait).
    • Base changes on a vocal extreme minority that thrive on chaos and conflict?

I think I am beginning to see the problem...

Edited by Phinix1 on April 28, 2017 10:40PM
  • Absolut_Turkey
    Absolut_Turkey
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Of course they listen. If you stop and actually THINK about it, they do a better job then most mmos.
    Omniel Morningstar - Khajiit - Nightblade
    Veyron Galerion - Altmer - Sorcerer
    Star-Caller - Argonian - Templar
    Aradriel Nightwood - Bosmer - Warden
    Vermillion Alexander - Imperial - Dragonknight
  • F7sus4
    F7sus4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes *

And then they come back with solutions from outer space. ;)
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I think they listen to player feedback if those players also happen to stream on twitch