The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you think ZOS listens to player feedback?

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    They listen, but they have a very weird way of reacting. Sometimes I really wish they would NOT listen at all and just choose their own vision for the game and stick to it. Yes it wouldn't please anyone no matter what it was but at least people would know what to expect.

Far as their way of reacting goes...
    "ZOS pet sorc are op"
    "ZOS pet damage is too high"
    "ZOS strongest game dps is a heavy attack pet sorc build that doesn't even have a spammable or frags on bar and just uses heavy attacks between dots!"
    ZOS:"Guys, I think we should nerf frags! - Yup sounds perfect, let's get onto it!"
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Just because they don't respond doesn't mean that they don't see the feedback and make SOME adjustments because of it.

• timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    They listen. They just solve complaints in their own way. For example, many well known streamers have been complaining that sustain is too easy. What they did to fix that complaint just went beyond what people were wanting.

Flawed on SO many levels.
    • Streamers are a TINY subset of gamers that can afford the bandwidth and gear to stream while they play.
    • Streamers are married to shock value to generate INCOME (click bait).
    • Base changes on a vocal extreme minority that thrive on chaos and conflict?

I think I am beginning to see the problem...

You just completely missed the point. I've never seen a point missed by so far before......

That point is that they do listen to all levels of feedback. You can see it in many of the changes they make. For example, Templar have been complaining about Luminous Shards for a while now. Where problem exists is that we were expecting them to fix the disorient so that damage from burning light doesn't break it. Instead, they just removed the disorient which nobody wanted.

The problem is in the solutions they come up with not their listening skills.
    Edited by timidobserver on April 28, 2017 10:53PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Their response to player concerns is to dismiss them saying we want more of that bad thing you dislike. They then proceed to spill gasoline on the dumpster fire.
    Edited by lonewolf26 on April 28, 2017 10:54PM
  • RT_Frank
    RT_Frank
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Everybody: "Nerf sorcs!!!"
    ZOS: "Okay, we will fairly nerf sorcs by increasing dark conversion by .2 sec."
    Everybody: "Ffs no! Nerf their shields, sustainability, movement, or damage, but let it have an actual effect on combat!"
    ZOS: " Decrease frag procs from 20% to 10%?"
    Everybody: "..."
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    When it comes to anything major hell no.
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Firerock2 wrote: »
    I think they listen to player feedback if those players also happen to stream on twitch

Another person who thinks zos only listens to streamers when streamers are pvpr's and zos hasn't fixed pvp at all. So much for listening to the streamers.
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Kalante wrote: »
    Firerock2 wrote: »
    I think they listen to player feedback if those players also happen to stream on twitch

Another person who thinks zos only listens to streamers when streamers are pvpr's and zos hasn't fixed pvp at all. So much for listening to the streamers.

I think ZOS has "fixed" PvP for those streamers seeing as most of them play a specific class that starts with an S. They even invited some over to their HQ. It's pretty obvious that ZOS plays favorites.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I had 1 singular true issue with the Warden, and ZOS announced that they made the exact change I wanted hours ago on ESO Live! Siphoning Strikes will also get buffed by having 50% less cast cost and granting a bunch of resources when the duration expires :)

Impaling Shards was finally given a Magicka scaling morph that places the AoE at a range away from you (a cold damage version of Ash Cloud). You'll see it in trials alongside lightning and flames like it always should've been!
    Edited by Vaoh on April 28, 2017 11:26PM
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    All listening means is that your feedback has been "heard".

ZOS sometimes choose to act in a different manor than suggested though because they enjoy reading stupid poll threads.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Yes, they do. Thats why if you track the decisions over the years they arent fluid and sensical. Often lacking in foresight later on down the road.

People only make suggestions based off of how they view the game, rather than look at the game by itself.

• MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Define listen.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes they listen, but 95%+ of player feedback given is total garbage.

I highly agree with this point.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    RT_Frank wrote: »
    Everybody: "Nerf sorcs!!!"
    ZOS: "Okay, we will fairly nerf sorcs by increasing dark conversion by .2 sec."
    Everybody: "Ffs no! Nerf their shields, sustainability, movement, or damage, but let it have an actual effect on combat!"
    ZOS: " Decrease frag procs from 20% to 10%?"
    Everybody: "..."

Because the proper way to do this isn't nerfs. It's buffs to everyone else to bring it up to par with Sorcs.

I'm not saying they r gonna do that. But that's how it SHOULD BE.

And I'm also saying stop giving *** feedback in the first place and then act surprised they don't do it.
    Edited by Nyladreas on April 29, 2017 12:32AM
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Based on the stream where Mr Wrobel suggested the changes were about allowing diversity, when in fact they lead to a mono-build, it is clear that not only do they not listen to feedback, but they have no idea what they are doing.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    All I know is all I can do was 19k on stamplar...before morrowind... now...who knows...
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Sometimes they do, but they have to wade through a lot of player feedback that is just based on some players trying to build an online mmo around their likes and dislikes and not thinking of the bigger picture.
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember the days when games were great because when they were released you just played with what you got? When forums full of people ruining it with their own vision didn't exist..? When I think of gaming classics or masterpieces a very very select few of them (if any really) are recent, maybe 10+ years ago when innovating was still a thing.
    :/
    love is love
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    They hear what is said, that don't mean they're going to do everything we say. Good lord... How many times do they have to address specific things people say and give specific answers before ya'll dismiss this "they just don't look hurr durr they clearly haven't been running this game for hte past few years and haven't learned how valuable feedback is hurr durr!"

Like seriously if they "listened" to all of the feedback in the way ya'll expect AKA mindlessly obeying, then this game would fall to *** faster than you can say "I unsubscribe from ESO"
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • johu31
    johu31
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Lol
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    You got your duals and housing
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think they do listen to our feedback, however it takes time to implement the changes and they also look for profit (as any company would do).
  • WalksonGraves
    WalksonGraves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    They listen to people blowing money on cosmetic garbage when the game is falling apart. So expect more expensive, useless crap.
  • Eshelmen
    Eshelmen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    There's a difference between listening....... and listening then doing something about it.
    :p
    PC and PS4 EP only player
  • disturbed99x
    Yes
    They do but most people are just too emotional and not very rational.

ZOS has data that we will never see that helps them with the game. Player feedback can help point them in a direction they might not be currently looking if a issue pops up.

Honestly most people just want to come to the forums to whine because they can't solo the game with one button is mostly what I've learned in my time here.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Do we have gear transmogrification? Jewelry crafting? A token system? Not being forced to endure playing modes that make you sick so you can be useful in the mode you want to play in?
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It's pretty clear that they do listen. They are also data driven with their decisions. If the data reflects that the upcoming changes to combat in Morrowind has negatively impacted gameplay for most players, then they will make adjustments. I don't think their goal is to kill the game and be out of a job.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Keldheir
    Keldheir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Yah, they listen. They read. But in the end they only do what they want anyway.
    PC EU
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    They do but look at an older game named Dark Age of Camelot. From the direction that game took, the same applies here. Some of the same folks too

Diff game but same decisions.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Keldheir wrote: »
    Yah, they listen. They read. But in the end they only do what they want anyway.

Reminds me of this quote (from Stargate SG1 - Season 8, ep. 10, 'Endgame'):

"Yeah. Usually they ask nicely before they ignore us and do whatever they damn well please." - Jack O'neill

:p

Edited by Phinix1 on April 29, 2017 3:14AM