The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Frag nerf LOL!

• Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be happy if this is the actual nerf they intend to do to MagSorc's because a 10% damage nerf to CFrags does nothing. Sorc needs shield stacking addressed but once again ZoS jumps off onto something else ignoring the real problem.
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kessik221 wrote: »
    I can almost gauruntee you this is a pvp decision. Just like the stamina proc set nerfs they dont want fights won solely because of procs.

They actually said on ESO Live that Mag Sorcs were outparsing everyone (which is what we've been telling them for like a year now). It's meant to be a PvE nerf I guess.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Sorcerers complained about how useless the crystal blast morph was and this is Zenimax' way of making it desirable.

This doesn't make it any more desirable, not even in the slightest. If this was their plan then they should have buffed blast or made it a stam morph or something

He was being sarcastic...
  • xarguideb17_ESO
    xarguideb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nm
    Edited by xarguideb17_ESO on May 1, 2017 6:01AM
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cronopoly wrote: »
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Sorcerers complained about how useless the crystal blast morph was and this is Zenimax' way of making it desirable.

This doesn't make it any more desirable, not even in the slightest. If this was their plan then they should have buffed blast or made it a stam morph or something

He was being sarcastic...

Kinda hard to tell reading text
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Domander wrote: »
    He knew what he was doing, this unnecessary nerf just saved sorcs from any further much needed nerfs.

He should have nerfed something that actually needed a nerf like dark deal, or balanced shields. This is profoundly insulting

I do not think either of those need to be nerfed.

Dark deal is pretty powerful, it allows stam Sorcs to invest 100% into damage and still be able to sustain. They can run like 700 stam regen and be just fine

And I think shields are fine too but a good portion of the community thinks otherwise. The metric s*** ton of nerf sorc threads is evidence of that. I would rather them balance shields rather then straight up nerf them

Shields are just too strong against most build class types. Not everyone is an instant burst two handed crit charging 4K+ weapon dealing damage Fengrush monster. For those that spec into dot, crit, or mix of sustain and damage builds, there is just no way to compete against a shield stacking sorc who has high damage, defense, mobility, and sustainability.

Shield mechanics have been a problem since the game started. Zos thought that reducing the shield timer to 6 seconds and introducing shield breaker would fix the problem. This was the lazy mans way of fixing. It didn't really fix anything. people have been saying since launch the way to fix shields is to allow them to crit and disable shield stacking. Another example of zos ignoring player feedback. In morrowind they are releasing a new shield breaker set for magicka. 10% oblivion damage to max health of target on fully charged heavy attacks. Lol. Another failed attempt at balance. Game should be about mechanics not creating op sets to balance. Lol.

From the very beginning they should have made shields unstackable which would have killed off all the balance problems they encountered later.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Domander wrote: »
    He knew what he was doing, this unnecessary nerf just saved sorcs from any further much needed nerfs.

He should have nerfed something that actually needed a nerf like dark deal, or balanced shields. This is profoundly insulting

I do not think either of those need to be nerfed.

Dark deal is pretty powerful, it allows stam Sorcs to invest 100% into damage and still be able to sustain. They can run like 700 stam regen and be just fine

And I think shields are fine too but a good portion of the community thinks otherwise. The metric s*** ton of nerf sorc threads is evidence of that. I would rather them balance shields rather then straight up nerf them

Shields are just too strong against most build class types. Not everyone is an instant burst two handed crit charging 4K+ weapon dealing damage Fengrush monster. For those that spec into dot, crit, or mix of sustain and damage builds, there is just no way to compete against a shield stacking sorc who has high damage, defense, mobility, and sustainability.

Shield mechanics have been a problem since the game started. Zos thought that reducing the shield timer to 6 seconds and introducing shield breaker would fix the problem. This was the lazy mans way of fixing. It didn't really fix anything. people have been saying since launch the way to fix shields is to allow them to crit and disable shield stacking. Another example of zos ignoring player feedback. In morrowind they are releasing a new shield breaker set for magicka. 10% oblivion damage to max health of target on fully charged heavy attacks. Lol. Another failed attempt at balance. Game should be about mechanics not creating op sets to balance. Lol.

From the very beginning they should have made shields unstackable which would have killed off all the balance problems they encountered later.

Yeah seriously, shields are the key problem here. They are simply way to powerful and their core mechanics make for awful gameplay. Most competitive games are MUCH more conservative when dealing with shields. They are usually a fraction of your health bar, not 2x it, and that is with cooldowns in those games.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • Vosital
    Vosital
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jesus if the frags nerf is all they do..
  • Miss_Morphine
    Miss_Morphine
    ✭✭✭
    The frag nerf is a joke.
    If anything it makes things worse.

Frags aren't the problem in PvP

In PvE the HA meta means that they will get dropped from bars altogether.
    This change will just reinforce the HA meta, which is the worst.

And I'm a sorc.

Honestly if you wanna figure out PvP make ward not stackable with Harness.
    The harness/healing ward mechanic is available to everyone so I don't see the issue there.
    Nerfing ward outright would just kill a class specific ability, making it literally another harness/annulment. No sense in killing a class skill, it's remarkably close to annulment as is.
    Fear is Failure NA PC
    Main - mSC - Somatic Fury EP
    mNB - A Sussurrus EP mTP - Wicked Light DC mDK - Flagellant AD
    sNB - Wicked Haze EP sDK - Do'Ashara EP
    TP healer - The Morphine EP
    DK tank - Unyielding Fury EP

vMA Flawless - vMoL HM - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vDSA
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly if you wanna figure out PvP make ward not stackable with Harness.
    The harness/healing ward mechanic is available to everyone so I don't see the issue there.
    Nerfing ward outright would just kill a class specific ability, making it literally another harness/annulment. No sense in killing a class skill, it's remarkably close to annulment as is.

In PvP, not really. Sure you can run around like in a light armor on something like a Mag DK. Good luck with that though. All of you're abilities being melee + no moblity makes this suicide.

Mag Sorcs and maybe Mag NBs are the only ones that can effectively use light armor in PvP. Therefore the amount of people that can abuse Harness is very limited.

Not only is the shield from it way too high, but the resource return is way to much. Every other source of resource management took a huge nerf too, yet the return from Harness remains the same.
    PC NA

• Vosital
    Vosital
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we get some kind of developer input as to why Sorcs aren't getting any real nerfs? The game is going to be so unpleasant if they continue like this..
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear are you Dev's doing acid or something?
    Once again ZOS shows their genius, people complain about Sorc shields and dark deal, and Zos nerfs frags. WTF is this going to accomplish besides pissing off Sorcs? I guess you can tell all the whiners that Sorcs are getting nerfed just like everyone else? Well geniuses this is a great leap in the wrong direction if your trying to balance Sorcs. Fix shields and dark deal, our single target damage is fine. If this is trying to nerf Sorcs for PvE then buffing destros last patch wasnt a very smart move, just nerf our AoE damage and leave frags alone.

Btw im not mad about the nerf itself, the nerf wont change much really. im mad about how unnecessary and unneeded it is. This nerf is going to do nothing to balance Sorcs. This is just another slap to the face and a facepalm towards your "balance"

Put this in the Whiners folder along with all the rest. ZoS should just combine all these in one thread. Same o same o
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    MoTeets wrote: »
    I swear are you Dev's doing acid or something?
    Once again ZOS shows their genius, people complain about Sorc shields and dark deal, and Zos nerfs frags. WTF is this going to accomplish besides pissing off Sorcs? I guess you can tell all the whiners that Sorcs are getting nerfed just like everyone else? Well geniuses this is a great leap in the wrong direction if your trying to balance Sorcs. Fix shields and dark deal, our single target damage is fine. If this is trying to nerf Sorcs for PvE then buffing destros last patch wasnt a very smart move, just nerf our AoE damage and leave frags alone.

Btw im not mad about the nerf itself, the nerf wont change much really. im mad about how unnecessary and unneeded it is. This nerf is going to do nothing to balance Sorcs. This is just another slap to the face and a facepalm towards your "balance"

Put this in the Whiners folder along with all the rest. ZoS should just combine all these in one thread. Same o same o

Another clueless hypocrite that whines about sorcs

I could write a novel series with nerf sorc threads. You guys whine Alot louder then us.
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1