The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Make light and medium armor regen/cost more powerful

Marto
Marto
✭✭✭✭✭
I get what you guys are trying to do. You want to raise the floor and lower the ceiling. You want new players to have an easier time, while limiting the the strength of very high-end players, so they stomp all content.

And you want to reduce the impact of Champion Points in recovery and cost of abilities. However, this resulted in the awful cost and recovery we're seeing in PTS. Nightblades that used to do 5 minute rotations, now can only last 30 seconds. That is an issue, a big one, and while increasing the difficulty of sustain is fine... this is too much.

To me, the answer is very obvious: Buff light and medium armor.

Buff it to the point where the recovery and cost you'll have, overall, will be close to the Homestead Patch (If you're a PVE DPS).

From the perspective of a new player, most of your cost and recovery will come from your ARMOR, and not your CP, which is clear and pretty straightforward. This is also the way it worked in other TES games, making the transition more smooth.

From the perspective of a PVE player, you will retain the recovery and cost you have in Homestead. Or at least be close enough to it, that you can keep your precious Julianos and Hunding's Rage sets.

From the perspective of a PVP player, heavy armor will retain the limitations currently set in PTS. If you're not a tank, you will not be using heavy armor. That is the way it's intended to be. Since recovery mostly comes from ARMOR and not CP, you will kill infinite-recovery heavy armor builds in PVP

While I have not done heavy math on this, I feel that, in concept, it's an idea worth testing.
What do you guys think?
"According to the calculations of the sages of the Cult of the Ancestor Moth, the batam guar is the cutest creature in all Tamriel"
  • Militan1404
    Militan1404
    ✭✭✭
    Marto wrote: »
    I get what you guys are trying to do. You want to raise the floor and lower the ceiling. You want new players to have an easier time, while limiting the the strength of very high-end players, so they stomp all content.

And you want to reduce the impact of Champion Points in recovery and cost of abilities. However, this resulted in the awful cost and recovery we're seeing in PTS. Nightblades that used to do 5 minute rotations, now can only last 30 seconds. That is an issue, a big one, and while increasing the difficulty of sustain is fine... this is too much.

Buff it to the point where the recovery and cost you'll have, overall, will be close to the Homestead Patch (If you're a PVE DPS).

From the perspective of a new player, most of your cost and recovery will come from your ARMOR, and not your CP, which is clear and pretty straightforward. This is also the way it worked in other TES games, making the transition more smooth.

From the perspective of a PVE player, you will retain the recovery and cost you have in Homestead. Or at least be close enough to it, that you can keep your precious Julianos and Hunding's Rage sets.

From the perspective of a PVP player, heavy armor will retain the limitations currently set in PTS. If you're not a tank, you will not be using heavy armor. That is the way it's intended to be. Since recovery mostly comes from ARMOR and not CP, you will kill infinite-recovery heavy armor builds in PVP

While I have not done heavy math on this, I feel that, in concept, it's an idea worth testing.
    What do you guys think?

I disagree. Heavy armor is not intended for tanks only, that was one of the reasons it got buffed in the frist place, they wanted to buff heavy armor dps, then they should change light to so they can only heal. Heavy armor is suposed to be a brawler not just a living meat bag that u think it is. The whole point is that ur should not be able to stand toe to toe with the heavy armor user he is the warrior, if ur light ur sposed to do use range and medium u should use speed and finesse. Its ruining the impresson of playing a warrior if u even cant kill a antoher player or spend 15min killing a mudcrab. Im not saying that heavy armor should be the top dps, just saying that it should be more than just a living meat bag.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you guys think?

I disagree. Heavy armor is not intended for tanks only, that was one of the reasons it got buffed in the frist place, they wanted to buff heavy armor dps, then they should change light to so they can only heal. Heavy armor is suposed to be a brawler not just a living meat bag that u think it is. The whole point is that ur should not be able to stand toe to toe with the heavy armor user he is the warrior, if ur light ur sposed to do use range and medium u should use speed and finesse. Its ruining the impresson of playing a warrior if u even cant kill a antoher player or spend 15min killing a mudcrab. Im not saying that heavy armor should be the top dps, just saying that it should be more than just a living meat bag.

Heavy was always a type designed to be tanky, thats the entire point.

Not to run around hitting harder than most dps builds.

In the current patch there is no downside to using heavy, your have better healing, more armor, good sustain without losing anything.

Now if you want to wear heavy and be very tanky you'll be giving up a lot fo sustain and will need to lower your dmg to compensate for it. Like it was designed when the game was released.

If you want to dps like a 'warrior' go medium or light. Like in every other game.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other three major MMOs I've played, only one had heavy armor DPS. WoW.

I'd prefer this not go that way. You want to wear heavy armor, you gain survivability, traded for sustain and damage.

I like the idea of encouraging 7 sets.
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping that this morrowind patch would possibly kill 5/1/1 builds for pve. You want damage? You take the extra 4% resources, you want some sustain instead? You take more light/medium armor pieces for even a full 7 light/medium build.

Then they nerfed armor sustain too. Like *** off please.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Militan1404
    Militan1404
    ✭✭✭

What do you guys think?

In the current patch there is no downside to using heavy, your have better healing, more armor, good sustain without losing anything.

Now if you want to wear heavy and be very tanky you'll be giving up a lot fo sustain and will need to lower your dmg to compensate for it. Like it was designed when the game was released.

If you want to dps like a 'warrior' go medium or light. Like in every other game.

Im not saying it suposed to be the top dps, what Im saying is that it should be able to do damage and not just stand there dying if there is no dps close, u say use light or medium but, light is for the mage, medium for the theif and heavy for warrrior. And what Other game? Think almost all game in genre that i played u could sacrifice ressistance and mitigation for more dps in heavy.
    But ok with that they make heavy for tank only, but then they should make i that light is for heal and can only founction if a dps and a tank is with him, and medium so glass cannon that he cant fouction whitout a healer and a tank then im fine with it.
    Edited by Militan1404 on April 29, 2017 11:55AM
  • necronomniconb14_ESO

What do you guys think?

Defiler, crafted heavy night mother, thief mundus, divines trait on everything, (forgot the name of it) nb slotted passive to boost crit chance, yellow runes for weapon damage, two dreugh king 1h weapons with every passive skillpoint purchase to boost crit and weapon damage available including form heavy armor while having the game in a very tiny window while either tying a rubber band around the right trigger with a pad plugged in or just tapping that while paying attention to a movie or something tada no monontous combat needs to be put up with.

they can transform the game's combat from fun, fast-paced and varied to inaccurate slow and miserable to appeal to the morrowind nostalgia crowd that may love to be reminded of how morrowind had some of the worst combat of a real-time (only by appearance, but counter-intuitive to that it was still turn-based combat) first-person open-world adventure game ever made. now morrowind in eso could live up to that remarkable accomplishment.

[snip]

[Edit for Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on May 1, 2017 4:21PM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert

I wrote a thread about this too! I also addressed heavy attacks in mine as well. I would seriously like to see armor passive buffed as that would help with the heavy armor usage!
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon you'll all realize how little these changes will actually reduce sustain.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you guys think?
    There's nothing needs buffing in this game, only nerfs to things which outperforms, it's most promising update, and if @Wrobel will be kind enough in 3.0.2 we will see direct sorc sustain nerfs.
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on May 1, 2017 11:23AM