The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Argonian Mag DK leveling build

Megabear
Megabear
✭✭✭✭✭
As title says I'm interested in leveling an Argonian Mag DK. Eventually it'll be a pure tank, but for the time being I'd like to ask the community on some tips for leveling a Mag DK. I want to stick with 1h/shield (for the xp to prepare for tanking later on) but utilize other skills mostly.

P.S. I'm aware of upcoming changes with Morrowind, though they aren't concrete yet.

Any tips will be appreciated, thanks. :)
Edited by Megabear on April 28, 2017 7:20PM
Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
Server - PC/NA
Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advice is to level it like any mDK with a Fire Staff on your front bar. It will be much faster and easier. All you need to do is keep a S/B skill on your front bar at all times or any time you turn in a quest, and it will all level the skills and skill line along the way. Basically put there first skill on there until it morphs, the second and so on. Another reason why I always wear at least one piece of each armor type when leveling, so they all get to 50.

When I leveled my Argonian DK tank, I personally did it as stam DPS with DW/BOW, but it's the same concept. Level as a DPS and passively level your S/B and armor lines.
  • TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭
    My advice is to level it like any mDK with a Fire Staff on your front bar. It will be much faster and easier. All you need to do is keep a S/B skill on your front bar at all times or any time you turn in a quest, and it will all level the skills and skill line along the way. Basically put there first skill on there until it morphs, the second and so on. Another reason why I always wear at least one piece of each armor type when leveling, so they all get to 50.

When I leveled my Argonian DK tank, I personally did it as stam DPS with DW/BOW, but it's the same concept. Level as a DPS and passively level your S/B and armor lines.

I second this method, as I did the same with a Nightblade for resto staff. Finished getting the resto staff to 50 by the time I was around level 35, simply by having it on my back bar to turn in quests with.

I personally keep my best weapon for damage/questing on front (flame staff for mDK, in this case) and keep the weapon I am leveling on the back bar to easily switch to when turning quests in.
    Edited by TheStealthDude on May 1, 2017 10:06PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advice is to level it like any mDK with a Fire Staff on your front bar. It will be much faster and easier. All you need to do is keep a S/B skill on your back bar at all times or any time you turn in a quest, and it will all level the skills and skill line along the way. Basically put there first skill on there until it morphs, the second and so on. Another reason why I always wear at least one piece of each armor type when leveling, so they all get to 50.

Fixed for you to clarify potential confusion.

I second this method, as I did the same with a Nightblade for resto staff. Finished getting the resto staff to 50 by the time I was around level 35, simply by having it on my back bar to turn in quests with.

Wrong bro. He meant front bar because even though you can't use it, it will level up the tree line.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have actually decided to just respec (still early) and level up as sta DK because all my other chars are mag based and I think I should shift away from it this time around :) Thank you all for your tips!
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advice is to level it like any mDK with a Fire Staff on your front bar. It will be much faster and easier. All you need to do is keep a S/B skill on your back bar at all times or any time you turn in a quest, and it will all level the skills and skill line along the way. Basically put there first skill on there until it morphs, the second and so on. Another reason why I always wear at least one piece of each armor type when leveling, so they all get to 50.

You didn't fix anything. I meant front bar. You won't be able to use the skill, but it levels. If you are grinding, you can literally fill your front bar with whatever you need leveled and your AOE spam and just do all your DOTs, buffing on your back bar. You can literally take sword and board to 50 in like an hour without ever equipping one or using a single skill. The more S/B skills on your bar, the faster it levels.

On my "stam" DK when leveling, I use a bow bar to pull mobs, and for buffs and ground DOTs. The only skill I actually used on my front (DW) bar was steel tornado. Everything else was just skills I was leveling. At one point I had 4 S/B skills on my DW bar. As long as you are getting killing blows and thus earning XP on that bar, all the skills and skill lines get XP
  • TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭

You didn't fix anything. I meant front bar. You won't be able to use the skill, but it levels. If you are grinding, you can literally fill your front bar with whatever you need leveled and your AOE spam and just do all your DOTs, buffing on your back bar. You can literally take sword and board to 50 in like an hour without ever equipping one or using a single skill. The more S/B skills on your bar, the faster it levels.

On my "stam" DK when leveling, I use a bow bar to pull mobs, and for buffs and ground DOTs. The only skill I actually used on my front (DW) bar was steel tornado. Everything else was just skills I was leveling. At one point I had 4 S/B skills on my DW bar. As long as you are getting killing blows and thus earning XP on that bar, all the skills and skill lines get XP

Ah my apologies. You mentioned using flame staff on your front bar, and then SnB on the front a couple sentences later, which is why I confused. Will edit my post accordingly.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah my apologies. You mentioned using flame staff on your front bar, and then SnB on the front a couple sentences later, which is why I confused. Will edit my post accordingly.

Oh no worries at all. I think a lot of people dont realize that you can level one weapon line while using another. It makes grinding much more efficient.