The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Stamina Nightblade Build for Morrowind (Work in progress)

Joker99
Joker99
✭✭✭
Build Overview
Ever since the patch notes hit I denied the HA meta, I just don't like it, so I tried to create a build that replicates the current meta on the live server. I've spent a tremendous amount of time testing this and it's still not 100% complete but I still have a lot of time to improve it. Why did I post this if it's incomplete? Because I want you guys to test it and help me improve it.

Gear

2 Velidreth(1 Light and 1 Heavy) - Divines
5 Twice Fanged Serpent - Divines
3 War Machine Jewelry
2 War Machine Daggers - Sharpened
Maelstrom Bow - Sharpened

How I tested it?

2 Kra'gh - Divines
5 Twice Fanged Serpent - Divines
3 War Machine Jewelry
2 War Machine Daggers - Precise
Maelstrom Bow - Sharpened

I did not have War Machine daggers in sharpened because the templates suck so I used precise. Velidreth was also not at my disposal forcing me to go Kra'gh.

"So, am I using Kra'gh or Velidreth?"
Both are gonna be strong, but one stronger than the other, more precisely Velidreth. Velidreth has a much stronger 1pc bonus that gets empowered with buffs but Kra'gh is the better option if you have 1 sharpened and 1 precise daggers. The 2 pc bonus is a little better on Kra'gh but it's only single target and in a raid environment where you're gonna have to move or roll dodge it'll not hit while Velidreth is almost a guaranteed hit plus it can hit two other mobs. The number of bosses that don't spawn in trials is small.

Let's talk glyphs
3 Cost Reduction on Jewelry
All Stamina on Armor
Weapon Damage and Poison on Daggers
Maelstrom Enchantment on Bow

Skills and Passives

Main Bar
1. Rending Slashes
2. Deadly Cloak
3. Surprise Attack
4. Killer's Blade
5. Rearming Trap
Ultimate - Soul Harvest

Bow Bar
1. Poison Injection
2. Relentless Focus
3. Razor Caltrops
4. Endless Hail
5. Resolving Vigor
Ultimate - Flawless Dawnbreaker

Passives
1. Class passives
2. Medium Armor
3. Dual Wield
4. Bow
5. Undaunted
6. Racial
7. Medicinal Use from Alchemy
8. Vampire (YES Vampire, stage 2 only because the only thing we want is 10% more stamina recovery, stages are quite manageable with the food that regresses the stage so there should not be a problem. Also with the changes to the CP system there'll be overall less incoming damage. There also isn't a lot of fire damage in Trials.

Champion "OPoints"

Green Tree
100 Mooncalf
64 Tenacity
23 Tumbling
23 Shadow Ward

Red Tree
55 Elemental Defender
55 Hardy
47 Thick Skinned
53 Ironclad

Blue Tree
This will need a lot of min/maxing and this might be far off the best because of the new values but here's what I used in my tests.
32 Master-At-Arms
63 Thaumaturge
51 Precise Strikes
64 Mighty

Consumables
Potions - Essence of Weapon Damage
Food - Dubious Camoran Throne
I used Orzorga's Smoked Bear Haunch because it gives me the same stamina recovery as Dubious Camoran Throne and I did not have the recipe for it so I was losing ~4k stamina roughly equal to 372 weapon damage applied to my tooltips.

Attributes
12 Health - helps me reach over 17k health without the use of glyphs
52 Stamina

Races
I only tested Redguard because as soon as I changed my race my racial passives dissapeared into Oblivion. I invite you guys to test it on other races and provide feedback.

Dps Parses
The most I could hit with this build is 28k dps on the 3mil target dummy.
Things worth noting: - I'm playing with over 250 ping so my rotation is very cluncky (for example on the pts I keep Rearming Trap up 92%+ whereas here the most I could was 84.5%, DoT management is also a pain in the ass)
- I was missing out on ~4k stamina because I don't have the right food.
- my daggers were precise
- I still don't have a proper rotation for this build
- I am not using caltrops or deadly cloak for dummy tests, caltrops is strong but it's mostly for cleave damage or AoE and I see deadly cloak as more of an utility tool rather than damage
- I was using Soul Harvest not Incap, basically this ult deals 6k damage and that's it whereas Incap would have dealt a lot more damage and applied a dot on the target while keeping the same uptime on Major Slayer, but Soul Harvest will be more useful in trials as you'll proc Major Slayer more often providing more utility for you and your group.

All alone I've managed to get a little bit over 50% uptime on Major Slayer, imagine in a raid where there's adds dying all over the place. You're gonna provide utility like a madman to your group while also having decent dps. I can totally understand ZOS reasoning for giving the buff to only 2 other people.
On the dummy you're still gonna have to weave like 3 HA per test, but if you have someone to provide you shards it's completely sustainable while retaining the fun of a proper rotation and not the boringness of HA builds.
Edited by Joker99 on April 27, 2017 11:48PM
PC-EU
DPS Slave:
StamNB, MagNB, MagPlar, MagDK, StamDK, StamWarden
Mostly just a scrub. Not even max CP.Actually max CP.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice write-up.

I'm going to be testing War Machine tomorrow. I did some testing tonight using 5 x TFS, 3 x War Machine, 2 x Kra'gh, Maelstrom weapons. I was able to hit 33.5k (self-buffed, using Piercing Mark to fracture, with ultimate). With a tank throwing fracture, optimized CP, and a cleaner rotation ... I know I can get that up to the 36-37k range. Hopefully more.

I think though that your Velidreth vs. Kra'gh comparison is wrong. You're likely to get more DPS out of Kra'gh on a target skeleton by my math and tests. The Kra'gh 1-piece is much better than the Velidreth one piece. Velidreth (+129 weapon damage) is about a 2.5% increase, whereas Kra'gh (+1935 pen) is about a 4-5% increase (assuming Major Fracture + TFS) depending on 1 or 2 sharpened weapons. In actual Trials, 2 x Velidreth might be better but it really depends on the content and your group debuffs.
  • Joker99
    Joker99
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I forgot to mention that the monster set comparison is in a raid environment.
    PC-EU
    DPS Slave:
    StamNB, MagNB, MagPlar, MagDK, StamDK, StamWarden
    Mostly just a scrub. Not even max CP.Actually max CP.