The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Scroll Running Question

geonsocal
geonsocal
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
recently ran into a situation where some allies were playing games with one of our scrolls and taking it in the wrong direction...

picked up a yellow scroll around aleswell farm and was trying to make it back home...wasn't much chance of making it all the way - and, like a knucklehead i headed down by the water to try to sneak by (like everyone in the world can't see where the scroll is on the map :#) - forgot about that way being blocked by the chalman milegate...

ended up dying and losing the scroll by the IC entrance...

Question is - if i had gone out into the water and died - would the scroll have automatically returned home?

I asked some of my allies at the time, and, they said no - but, after thinking about it - where else could the scroll go???
Edited by geonsocal on April 27, 2017 10:26PM
PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place

Best Answers

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    At the very least nobody would have been able to take it and so dying to the slaughterfish would have reset it one way or another.
    Answer ✓
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The scroll resets after 5 minutes on the ground.

It used to reset back to it's last location, however it was recently changed so that if the last location changed owner it goes to the next closest location to avoid having 2 scrolls in 1 keep.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
    Answer ✓
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The scroll resets after 5 minutes on the ground.

It used to reset back to it's last location, however it was recently changed so that if the last location changed owner it goes to the next closest location to avoid having 2 scrolls in 1 keep.

thank you very much...

any idea if that location defaults to the scroll's faction?

or, the last keep location where it was secured?

or, does the scroll just head to the nearest keep?

dang it, I didn't want to be a jerk - but, the thought was crossing my mind that whatever came next after jumping in with the slaughterfish (i imagine lava works the same) was preferable to handing the scroll back over to another alliance...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Answer ✓
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The last keep location where it was secured.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
    Answer ✓
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have been suspended for taking a scroll out into the slaughter fish. ZOS considers it an exploit.
    Answer ✓
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last keep location where it was secured.

dang...thanks @IxSTALKERxI ...appreciate it...
    Answer ✓
  • Fyaal
    Fyaal
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    People have been suspended for taking a scroll out into the slaughter fish. ZOS considers it an exploit.

Well, only after it was done twice...

Then they said you couldn't drop it down crackedwood cave either.

That was some funny funny stuff back in the day though.

(Edited because i got around the profanity filter somehow)
    Edited by Fyaal on April 28, 2017 7:43AM
    Fyaal - EP Stam DK Grand Overlord
    Invictus
    Nexus Haxus
    Hijinx
    IR
    Answer ✓