Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If vampire lore was inspired by other vampire based stuff

bloodthirstyvampire
bloodthirstyvampire
✭✭✭✭✭
What would eso vampires be like if zos took inspiration from different places e.g. Books, movies, tv shows, historical figures, anime. What would it be like
Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on April 27, 2017 6:26PM
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dude your obsession with vampires has got to be unhealthy
    Edited by Wollust on April 27, 2017 6:30PM
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • wolfdoggie_ESO
    wolfdoggie_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully nothing like Legacy of Kain. Pissed me off how Kain insta-died the moment his foot touched a puddle of water.
  • GwJSVDShark
    GwJSVDShark
    ✭✭✭
    yes Twilight
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »

giphy1.gif?w=473&h=265
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vampire lord from Skyrim FTW!!!
    7rlQNkZ.png

and then these armor mods from skyrim!!!

pnTFlZ1.jpg

bkL81ul.jpg
    lgdCgF3.jpg

• waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hopefully nothing like Legacy of Kain. Pissed me off how Kain insta-died the moment his foot touched a puddle of water.

What? I never got to finish the last game but Kain was pretty badass for the most part.

Would you prefer vamps that sparkle in the sun? Or the soft sensitive type that helps Buffy :p
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like they're today.

And they're pretty good in my opinion.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any special abilitys you would take super speed FTW
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampires should be able to outrun streak :trollface:
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »

Well they are my favorite mythological beings
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nosferatu - dinner

Mr barlowe- Argonian
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If vampire lore was inspired by other vampire based stuff...
    ...they would all burn to ash in the sun, to the amusement of PvPlayers all around cyrodil! :p;)
    Or, at least loose all their vampy powers, depending on what other vampire based stuff you take the inspiration from, though most have them burn in the sun... its the whole "creature of the night" thing, you understand...

They also would be unable to cross running water, or enter any home without the owners permission.´- so much for vampire thieves...

And of course, all guards would attack them on sight, occasionally a mob with torches and pitchforks would invade their homestead, and their beds would be coffins filled with their native earth or they'd get no sleep during the day at all...

All things that could be dealt with if you were a vampire character.
    As long as there is no sparkling... ;)
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Fangs
    • Realistic bites
    • Being able to hide our appearance
    • Huge castles
    • Gothic
    • Perfect skin
    • Makeup and warpaint is visible
    • Long fingernails
    • Clans // bloodlines
  • Lavennin
    Lavennin
    ✭✭✭
    Then the bite animation would probably not involve a funny red beam.

Biting too clichéd? How about a kiss? I'd sneak-kiss-cloak those poor worm cult necromancers, leave them disoriented.
    Edited by Lavennin on April 28, 2017 7:16AM
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vamps should be scary looking "30 days of night style". So I don't mind the current appearance
    Edited by Banana on April 28, 2017 7:37AM
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    Nosferatu - dinner

Mr barlowe- Argonian

I'd give anything to play ESO vampires just like Vampire:The Masquerade.
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome
  • Gabrielzavadski
    Gabrielzavadski
    ✭✭✭
    Runschei wrote: »
    • Fangs
    • Realistic bites
    • Huge castles
    • Gothic
    • Perfect skin
    • Long fingernails
    • Clans // bloodlines

Bro, have you ever played The Elder Scrolls V - Dawnguard ? They look like normal humans living in a castle in a gothic way, having a "clan and bloodline", some have warpaint and makeup, their castle is HUGE, and.... just tip on google "Skyrim Vampire Lord"... Of course, The Elder Scrolls - Online can't implement that stuff 100%, like Vampire Lord transformation, as the lore would be broken, but we can be vampires with stage 1 living in a gothic castle with gothic clothes/armor, and even bloodline/clans...
    Glory for the Pact!
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i think you have a vampire addiction problem

and the first step is always acceptance
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would eso vampires be like if zos took inspiration from different places e.g. Books, movies, tv shows, historical figures, anime. What would it be like

Zos did take inspiration from other sources but didn't blindly copy them. It's good to have uniqueness vs just copy and paste everything.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What would eso vampires be like if zos took inspiration from different places
    Bethesda's lore is perfectly good as it is, we don't need any more ZOS lore-breaks.

• OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the whole "Vampire Lord, must shift into some terrible underworld hybrid marcus appearance" is stupid.
    They already look monstrous enough in stage 4.

The only things to change would be the rules, like for example:
    1. Using Vamp powers "drains" your blood pool thus increasing your stage, but after stage 4 you have "unlimited blood?"
    2. Sunlight bro, sunlight. (at least make it burn your arse during stage 4 and eventually kill you after 60 seconds if not covered up, in the shade, or inside a building
    3. Ditch the whole "I rip your blood out of your body by the gallon but youre still standing afterward" crap. Feeding should be Fatal, just like the Blade of Woe, and just as diminished for loot and experience
    4. Why is Mist Form not a Mount?
    5. Needs more vampire exclusive powers
    6. Needs a 4th resource, i.e "Blood Pool" that cant be restored with anything but feeding

etc...etc...
    Edited by OmniDo on April 28, 2017 5:36PM
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Fangs
    • Realistic bites
    • Huge castles
    • Gothic
    • Perfect skin
    • Long fingernails
    • Clans // bloodlines

Bro, have you ever played The Elder Scrolls V - Dawnguard ? They look like normal humans living in a castle in a gothic way, having a "clan and bloodline", some have warpaint and makeup, their castle is HUGE, and.... just tip on google "Skyrim Vampire Lord"... Of course, The Elder Scrolls - Online can't implement that stuff 100%, like Vampire Lord transformation, as the lore would be broken, but we can be vampires with stage 1 living in a gothic castle with gothic clothes/armor, and even bloodline/clans...

Yes I've played Skyrim.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Fangs
    • Realistic bites
    • Huge castles
    • Gothic
    • Perfect skin
    • Long fingernails
    • Clans // bloodlines

I would pay a horrible amount of money for a Volkihar style island castle with a vampire lord title
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on April 28, 2017 9:18PM
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be very sparkly I imagine.
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Browiseth wrote: »
    i think you have a vampire addiction problem

and the first step is always acceptance

Well they are my favorite mythological, being mostly because of vlad tepes
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, who turned the Malkavian loose on the forums this time?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, you mean, as they already are in game?

I'll say what I've said everytime this has come up on my day job. Vampires are an incredibly complex, culturally persistent myth. There is no unifying core premise, they're all over the place. What you see in modern fiction, yes, all modern fiction, with vampires, is the amalgamation of a century of literature. This is especially true of White Wolf's stuff (specifically Rein-Hagen, but still), where they were deliberately trying to create an inclusive pool so players could play the kind of vampire that appealed to them.

I'm not sure, but my impression has been that TES based it's concept of vampire clans loosely on the Old World of Darkness' approach, with distinct clans that have radically different power sets. So what you're left with is only a couple steps removed from Anne Rice.

So, what we already have in game. BGS, and by extension, ZOS, took inspiration from pop culture in creating their vampires, because there is no reality to base themselves off of.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lavennin wrote: »
    Then the bite animation would probably not involve a funny red beam.

Biting too clichéd? How about a kiss? I'd sneak-kiss-cloak those poor worm cult necromancers, leave them disoriented.

I know right how does an npc not die, from that i know its just a game but jeez thats a lot of blood