The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Yet another balance suggestion thread =)

Dreyloch
Dreyloch
✭✭✭✭✭
The community has given feedback on these forums time and again on how balance between PvP and PvE could solved.But it just bounces off the brick wall that is ZoS.

Here are some suggestions from past exp. in other games, other players, and some of my own thoughts. ZoS can pick one, or a couple, but the current methods just seem futile at best. (Most of this pertains to PvP just FYI)

1 Make rulesets for every skill work differently in PvP vs PvE.(lots of work to accomplish)

2 Redo the entire CP system to let us make a choice. Whereas points could be put in for improving each style of play. You'd be either great in one type of play, or mediocre at both. CP's into a PvP tree, PvE tree, or both. For example, extra sneak detection, or...better regen in plate armor only in Cyrodiil, or more siege damage with a certain type of siege. Things that are different for both styles, yet don't come on gear sets. Perhaps move some gear traits to CP only as well.

3 Have loadouts for gear and skills, including morphs.Because as we may carry different sets of armor, and there are add-on's to put them on, as well as ability bars.... they don't cover changing morphs or CP's. Making us go to a shrine and paying all the time is kinda getting old. You could change that fee over to making gear more expensive to repair or something.

4 Adding "Cyrodiil or VS. Player only" qualities to existing gear sets. There are some now. But maybe expand on this? Just about ALL the sets from bags of the worthy and Cyro vendors are eclipsed by PvE gear. I have been on PTS and see that's changing with BG's...but there should be way more PvP centric sets than there are now.

4a Let gear sets have one or more traits that only work against players on top of the PvE things they already do.

So for instance: (5th trait)Does 5k additional damage to humanoid monsters, also Does additional damage to players while in PvP areas by X amount.

It could even be less damage to players etc. I hope that's not too confusing LoL .But I hope people get where I'm goin'.
"The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"