The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Weapon Dyeing System: WHEN?

Phinix1
Phinix1
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
This is something which logically would have been included when the original dye system went live more than a year ago, or at least with the subsequent patch that added shield dying capabilities. With the significant emphasis on costumes and cosmetics both for RP but also for REVENUE, it seems odd we would still be forced to run around with garish ruby swords and BBQ staves in our otherwise carefully balanced ensembles.

This will become particularly awkward in Morrowind as so many will be using an "ice" staff for their Warden, yet these blasts of frost will be emitted not from a crystalline white and blue focus but from a crimson rod that seems to still be glowing with the unnatural embers of Oblivion.

Things like this not getting prioritized is why the 6-month sledgehammer nerf cycle upsets people so much. You have to EASE THE PAIN ZOS! :p

A spoon full of sugar helps the Crown sales go down!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Hopefully they will take notice of all the requests for this soon.
  • Aeladiir
    Aeladiir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    never
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someday
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who knows. Remember hearing ZOS say it was a matter of internal debate. Some of them want to add it and some don't.

I think their thoughts are that they don't want weird colors. If that is the case then they failed long ago. The V16 weapon colors are awful. I am sick of the bright red weapons.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100% Agree.
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    A spoon full of sugar helps the Crown sales go down!
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober

In the most delightful way.

Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tuesday
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As soon as the immersion scientists finish their research and calculations
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    13th July 2018.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    13th July 2018.

That is not a Tuesday.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Mattock_Romulus
    Mattock_Romulus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon
  • Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭
    When Tiber Septim unifies all of Tamriel
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they'd have to touch *e*v*e*r*y* *s*i*n*g*l*e* *w*e*a*p*o*n* *m*o*d*e*l*, which costs a lot of time and money.
    Maybe they're still discussing methods to generate a ROI out of it, but haven't reached an agreement yet.. ;)
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never gonna happen! Weapons look the way like the material they are made of. Doing otherwise will kill immersion and kill a system in place. If you really want a differnt color for your weapon you can do so by using certain styles;
    Ancient elf weapons will look green metallic, glass weapons silver, everything else red.
    Having colored weapons would be cool but I dont think ZOS will allow it. What really bugs me tho is that glass weapons arent green and ebon weopns black mettalic as in previous games.
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i use wepun
    thingz dye
    it work
    nuf said
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weapon Dyeing System: WHEN?
    NO-ETA.jpg.ae76702fef13a22049a32d5c93cb190d.jpg

• theher0not
    theher0not
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JimT722 wrote: »
    Who knows. Remember hearing ZOS say it was a matter of internal debate. Some of them want to add it and some don't.

I think their thoughts are that they don't want weird colors. If that is the case then they failed long ago. The V16 weapon colors are awful. I am sick of the bright red weapons.

If that is their argument then it is really stupid... As you said the 160 CP weapons have wierd colors and we can already dye our metal armor pink. Having a pink sword would be no different from having pink armor.
    Edited by theher0not on April 27, 2017 7:16AM
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maelstrom weapons look awful aswel, Maybe with a bit of colour they'd look better
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mcb123 wrote: »
    Maelstrom weapons look awful aswel, Maybe with a bit of colour they'd look better

In know, Dwemer..UGGGHHHH

but really, Why Dwemer.???.. Just WHY.....????
    Edited by whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO on May 11, 2017 8:41PM
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    weapon dyeing? I have no problem with that. Whenever I hit someone with my weapon, they die pretty quick.