The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZOS what are the perks of being a loyal member since launch or even over a year ?

• Floki_Vilgerdarson
    Floki_Vilgerdarson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please define, "Loyal player".
  • onemoredragon
    onemoredragon
    ✭✭✭
    What should set a veteran apart?

I think I have a beta monkey pet (maybe a senche mount that was a reward... not sure)... nothing meaningful. I think they are on the right track with that though, vets shouldn't get anything of actual value that has an impact on actual gameplay. They should get better prestige items though, cool looking appearance items, ect.
    The problem with most games is, they just overshadow their veteran rewards with cash shop items. I understand but the value of something cool and original for a veteran loses its value when everyone with a spare 5-10$ has the same thing or even better.

A perfect model would be a yearly reward system which delivers a choice of a cool item that can only be gained for that year anniversary. I also believe that achievement points should have rewards associated with them too, it is a pretty meaningless system currently. Tie some mount skins, pets, spell effects, or costumes to it and it might make people care... but that is a different subject I guess... and hopefully in due time. Honestly, ESO is a fledgling game still with probably 10 years or more ahead of it.

I kinda agree. Like, in GW2 your characters get birthday rewards every year, nothing too special but exp boosts, minis and such - truly small things. A veteran player gets their skills and knowledge as the most reward over the years of play, but well, giving them some heart-warming things... why not, that would be just sweet.
    PC EU @OneMoreDragon

Rakshasi Raijina, khajiit sorceror, adventurer and crafter
    Keel-Neesha, argonian dragonknight tank
    Asharlys, orc templar tank
    Wanheda Praimfaya, nord necromancer tank
    Alessia Whitegold, redguard templar 2h/bow DD
    Mitsuro Naztharune, khajiit dragonknight dw/bow DD
    Viannereth, bosmer warden bow/bow DD
    Moraelyn of Ra'athim, dunmer necromancer magicka DD

So long as the dragonfires shall burn, to you, and to all generations, I swear that my Hearts blood shall hold fast the Gates of Oblivion.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if i grind to cp 600 within the first 2 months of playing and max out all my skills in sky reach and grind for my gear what sets me apart form someone playing since launch or over a year dedicated ?

To answer the perk question you might want to shelf that character and start another. Take your time and enjoy the game. The daily grind is a term usually associated with a job. More precise a job with a fair amount of tedium attached to it.

Games usually are associated with fun. You did the grind and you missed the fun.

My first character I listened to all the NPC dialog. I did every quest looked behind every rock and tree and took the time to enjoy the view.

3utZRH4Q8UGc0p_Hn-Nm08YHqUmVNjW-6VHBbgXYyfiDvNYhUqEx94rftqRtfGNIFDDLzDtO8-hyCAccpKqOZwUgOzHy3cFm4jcBYXMeqPDw6bYJU5vPBZmBMJjB_q-Ofu5pZcbvxkwJozXz-nwAxf8XkLxHDfNhAfCftbsHmAkWuA7ioYzAARlt_DclWC4TrIAwnFggOvlbMsErn6rsQD0LDIJXe8RyErZGVc2OYdIAQO7osxExVay1g59m15wqepouVtrXenZZGv-TetrMwbs5h1DU9ImGQveVqhVoQ1dSEYm1rsWUod6CqnewxifWtyOpzdmlKCX7oXfZV3Wl4c3Wu8MW7j-qdkgLPmvIDtGgDqeFotQ5lXaAllKxJZseNnCtHCcK6aVClGimGYkv1fFFC8NCFlz-ldOaCEaRfASwHs5KyLan_pU4RRYfzreZxgyubC4uhcGy5vdD1HkATHuiTW3g-mditq6Ewm4n7Uq_SMWVyaZACednZs62r7syFZf1x4eUhTy6vdkTwFuOIpt93mU4ChA270CJGX4zOsFebf5t13UfD6ck6TQJ4PDP-mPzBEsPWjrRK-bOYItL4FQ-jn8LmHnB9cZBYo619_POJcCO_nGz=w972-h540-no

Qe5QNoaGGZrSfZj85sipjxTOBejtETEv_cOOlCklk6jMKWlVMHxvA5i8YXWYVQPzCQaG_Q7_coMJk6bjOd8AOxG6GNOsq8_k7t8nsihaXyAJMGRwO7sRpCDy5EVp7g5b3feBeFzorn0pb2gvPiSWM41XCpNmwO23wmdMN3cLyTPj0csgHnjIBZkaWmWIokYh70-5qv7RvnJkeayIzOlc3U8r5add8dif76_DsGo9kcfarjq1_OmMH_MKQoIbYMT2G7biPwxcyfpgSEDp7O_BQZvLthqjI5HZpUBsHEAzVLhuU_-QGXerJqOYYflKYUjCRTv0B_guLm-drylY3i23dxfGAR3NMaK83RFQzC_1OMa0w-RAbCLtEF9SymEQvHOgo2V0v7OcAaruOrJ76YUU6I3d2vLGSmj-K4kc8-hjt9Xm-6UgHF1JLm5lSVGNvBWe2RPPOeAmueTvbTVuA1VbuEdfO8WjWfe2M8lu2ctyKDtc1VzYtiIkM4PGeeHi2_3SjM8DzUNwAVe0lpL-kBirX1RRVM82vmC5SB5tseRO3kdQf0MR5uOGswSCY2IVoekSHs7U9BnFVgl2hDXSFd45nJg3P4aUi1Odj1Bkr4QnlM4TiRIu2f5_=w1260-h720-no

I read all the lore books. Went into every building that didn't have a chain on the door and rummaged through the owners belongings. I tried to jump into the ocean and missed, dying when I hit the rocks. I jumped into the ocean and was eaten by slaughterfish. I played the lute for some guy in stockades and lamented that I was unable to release a captured dog on display. In short I had fun.

Fun is the perk.

and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get to watch history repeat itself.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So if i grind to cp 600 within the first 2 months of playing and max out all my skills in sky reach and grind for my gear what sets me apart form someone playing since launch or over a year dedicated ?

The enjoyment you had playing the game?

How is that a question? It's like some people don't play the game for the game.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on April 26, 2017 8:16PM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The loyalty program went away when subs became optional. Before that, you got nothing but access to the game for your sub.

After the sub became optional, you got 1500 crowns per month, access to all DLC, 10% increased gold drops, 10% more experience, 10% more crafting inspiration, faster really research time. They added the crafting bag and double house items and are adding double bank space. Those are your loyalty perks now.

The previous loyalty rewards were for those players that continued to pay the sub through the rough first year of the game and didn't bail out.
    Edited by Katahdin on April 26, 2017 8:22PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    These days it seems that you accumulate Entitlement.

Seriously, why do people even worry about things like loyalty perks? If I've played for twice as long as someone else then it means I've enjoyed the game for twice as long as them. That's good enough for me.

Because that is what many people who have played mmo's for awhile are use to.

Before the age of instant levels people had to actually put time into a game. And someone who started a few
    month ago couldn't reach the same level as someone who has been playing for years.

So while the enjoyment maybe enough for you that doesn't make it everyone else's opinion.

Btw, someone who has been doing something for years verse someone who has only been doing it for a couple months is entitled to more. That is how most things work actually, not just games.

But apparently these days when everything is handed out instantly it is wrong to expect to have more for your extra time spent. Or atleast from observing some people's views on the internet.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@jroc699_burr

The percs of being a loyal subscriber are the ESO+ perks. The crafting bag and soon to be added double bank space are both huge perks. Really no reason for asking for anything else.
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are no loyalty rewards anymore.. Now we get crowns instead

I have been playing since launch with the special edition and haven't gotten any loyalty rewards.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    You get the experience & knowledge of how the game works and therefore the ability to adapt to the changes each patch, rather than having to cry that the sky is falling with every DLC ;)

Have played since April 2014. Can not confirm. ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invincible wrote: »

I have been playing since launch with the special edition and haven't gotten any loyalty rewards.

Did you sub after it was optional?
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you sub after it was optional?

No, just came back after a few years.
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a tiger mount and an ice wraith pet and a costume that has the wabbajack as a mask. So i got that going for me....which is nice
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    Also, bragging rights. Just link those achievements you gained at pre-launch (March 2014) on chat, then bask in the glory of having spent over 3 years on the same character. Or whatever.

Or just simply having the

e30925f3455444b9c13f537cc1a0f5da.jpg
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We get to watch our prized mounts be re-sold in crown crates.

We get our vet 16 congrats mail lazily turned into cp 160 mail.

And we also get our favorite classes nerfed into the ground to sell more copy's of a DLC.

Cheers!
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Senche Tiger!
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    Ooooh... I know another one! ;)

friends! :)

Some of my best friends on here have canceled their morrowind pre-orders and are playing a lot less if not completely quit the game. If you stay long enough, you say goodbye to a lot of good people tired of being treated poorly.
  • jroc699_burr
    jroc699_burr
    ✭✭
    i want the monkey!!!!!
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Legendary gear variety sets you apart.

See the meta changes every major release. And old players adapt faster since they have more sets in legendary quality.

While new players usually go with the current meta builds and they are screwed when it is getting nerfed.

Also your skill makes a big impact on your performance and you get better in time and more powerful skill-wise.

Aren't those good enough reasons?
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ability to have your class nerfed is all you get...but that's for everyone, welcome to Heavy Attacks Online!
  • Galwylin
    Galwylin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They all, well almost all, gave some interesting thoughts. The truth is nothing sets you apart. We're all just peasants to the overlords that whip us for enjoyment. Have a great day!
  • AndrewQ84
    AndrewQ84
    ✭✭✭
    I got to enjoy the game entirely versus someone who didn't take any time at all to see and do everything. You would have spent your entire 2 months grinding in one or two areas and running dungeons non stop because you wanted the best gear right now. I spent my time enjoying everything the game had to offer. I ran dungeons when they were difficult. I played when quests were more difficult than some of the dungeons are right now. I can explain how things used to be to give newer players a little more appreciation. The ones that have been here since the beginning have their own way for doing classes because that's what worked back then and are still viable today since quite a few of them do not follow any meta-super awesome- flavor of the month-I play this because (insert random, YouTube personality) says it's the best build play style. We got to enjoy it for an Edler Scrolls game and not some other MMO like it is now. We got to see the great gold spammer purge. Which was awesome. We have seen it's ups and downs from the beginning and know that there will be better times ahead.
    Sa'hira of the Shadows, DC Nightblade and ruins explorer extraordinaire.

"May your day be awesome and full of Bacon!!!"

- Me
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Invincible

Anyone that was a subscriber since launch received several pets including a dwarves sphere and wraith and a stench mount along with the circus of cheerful slaughtering costume.

That's each and every one that subscriber since launch until the game went B2P.
  • raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your loyalty is rewarded with the honour of having the DLC you were previously entitled to as part of your sub, rebranded as paid for 'chapters'.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Anyone that was a subscriber since launch received several pets including stench mount along

Stench mount :smiley: sounds awesome hehe

• raglau
    raglau
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone that was a subscriber since launch received several pets including stench mount along

Now that IS something I'd re-subscribe for!
    Edited by raglau on May 1, 2017 5:09PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a real stinker but lousy for PvP.
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Invincible

Anyone that was a subscriber since launch received several pets including a dwarves sphere and wraith and a stench mount along with the circus of cheerful slaughtering costume.

That's each and every one that subscriber since launch until the game went B2P.

iirc you didn't have a choice but to subscribe at launch. But it's typical of mmos to hand out loyalty rewards with a disappearing timeframe to claim.