The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZOS what are the perks of being a loyal member since launch or even over a year ?

jroc699_burr
jroc699_burr
✭✭
So if i grind to cp 600 within the first 2 months of playing and max out all my skills in sky reach and grind for my gear what sets me apart form someone playing since launch or over a year dedicated ?
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are no loyalty rewards anymore.. Now we get crowns instead
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The honor of getting nerfs to all the gear spent three years getting.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You get the experience & knowledge of how the game works and therefore the ability to adapt to the changes each patch, rather than having to cry that the sky is falling with every DLC ;)
    Edited by Flaminir on April 25, 2017 1:01PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, bragging rights. Just link those achievements you gained at pre-launch (March 2014) on chat, then bask in the glory of having spent over 3 years on the same character. Or whatever.
    PC-EU
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animation canceling, is pretty much the end game content, once you master you're on another level and a 2 month player will never cancel like an old player.

Knowledge, a 2 month player will never fight like an old player in both PvE and PvP but especially in PvP because it harder than PvE and requires you to be very smart (not if you zerg ofc) to use the environment and also knowing all the classes you're fighting helps a lot, a player that plays all classes is on another level compared to one that just play one.

Prestige, for some it will may be stupid but after a time playing you will become known in your server if you are a good, and becoming well known for being a top raider or a top a PvP can take many years, is not a real reward but once a zerg of 30 players just go through you because they are scared of fighting you then you will understand the reward.
    Edited by Kay1 on April 25, 2017 2:58PM
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ooooh... I know another one! ;)

friends! :)

When you've been here a while then as long as you have taken it as an MMO and not just solo quested your way through the game then you are more likely to have met a group of friends/guildies/community to play with!

A nice group of people to play with is at least 75% of the enjoyment of the game for me personally, & I can count a number of people in the game as genuine friends now... not just random strangers who I run the occasional dungeon with :)
    Edited by Flaminir on April 25, 2017 3:23PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Hazethemadman
    Hazethemadman
    ✭✭✭
    You make a good point.

That is actually the reason I quit Destiny. I worked so hard for so many hours to get the best gear in season 1 and upgrade it all to max...
    -THEN-
    They drop season 2 and give everyone an easy chance to upgrade their gear to the s2 tier at little cost, making all that upgrading in s1 completely worthless. There wasnt even the tiniest bonus for all that hard work.

A good game needs to recognize loyal and dedicated players - NOT bend over for impatient people demanding instant gratification.
    Samael- VR16 Magicka Dragonknight
    Bacchic Battery- 38 Magicka Sorcerer
    Nihil Dicit- 12 Magicka Templar
    Villion- 20 Stamina Nightblade
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes..we need rewards for vets...
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a monkey
    [DC/NA]
  • 6lackzeu5
    6lackzeu5
    ✭✭
    You get a nerf!!
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get to be nerfed into the ground. Yay.

XBox NA
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    Ooooh... I know another one! ;)

friends! :)

When you've been here a while then as long as you have taken it as an MMO and not just solo quested your way through the game then you are more likely to have met a group of friends/guildies/community to play with!

A nice group of people to play with is at least 75% of the enjoyment of the game for me personally, & I can count a number of people in the game as genuine friends now... not just random strangers who I run the occasional dungeon with :)

This is what sets you apart from someone who just joined. You have all the added benefits of having those friends when you need game information, tips and help - you become the better player.
  • jroc699_burr
    jroc699_burr
    ✭✭
    yep ive met some awesome people on here and play with them all the time for sure also @Kay1 do u play console im rally bad at pvp and i need to learn how to duel :disappointed:
  • socivL
    socivL
    ✭✭✭
    yep ive met some awesome people on here and play with them all the time for sure also @Kay1 do u play console im rally bad at pvp and i need to learn how to duel :disappointed:

you need to learn to animation cancel - thats all pvp is.
    2 templars - 1 cup
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if i grind to cp 600 within the first 2 months of playing and max out all my skills in sky reach and grind for my gear what sets me apart form someone playing since launch or over a year dedicated ?
    The years of fun and memories you made?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And another thing you have over a new player - you most likely have alot more gold. And if your ESO + you should have a ton of mats and the crafting skills leveled up to use those mats.
  • Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    What should set a veteran apart?

I think I have a beta monkey pet (maybe a senche mount that was a reward... not sure)... nothing meaningful. I think they are on the right track with that though, vets shouldn't get anything of actual value that has an impact on actual gameplay. They should get better prestige items though, cool looking appearance items, ect.
    The problem with most games is, they just overshadow their veteran rewards with cash shop items. I understand but the value of something cool and original for a veteran loses its value when everyone with a spare 5-10$ has the same thing or even better.

A perfect model would be a yearly reward system which delivers a choice of a cool item that can only be gained for that year anniversary. I also believe that achievement points should have rewards associated with them too, it is a pretty meaningless system currently. Tie some mount skins, pets, spell effects, or costumes to it and it might make people care... but that is a different subject I guess... and hopefully in due time. Honestly, ESO is a fledgling game still with probably 10 years or more ahead of it.
    Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I do!

Dueling won't teach you a lot, but that's my opinion of course if you want to learn a lot for PvP I highly recommend you watching videos, there's thousands of godlike players who upload their best clips every week and I've learned a lot from watching videos, you will learn combos, positioning and mechanics that are very important like interrupting a skill, if you are new you will learn which skills have counters so uou will learn a lot!
    socivL wrote: »

you need to learn to animation cancel - thats all pvp is.

I have to disagree, positioning, mechanics knowledge, use of the environment, perma self buff are key to any successful PvPr and all of those are very hard to learn, animation canceling is also key of course.
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flaminir wrote: »
    You get the experience & knowledge of how the game works and therefore the ability to adapt to the changes each patch, rather than having to cry that the sky is falling with every DLC ;)

And the tired question of 'what's the point' that makes you not wanna bother.

Seriously, enough with the projection and strawmanning. Stop lying about peoples positions.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on April 26, 2017 4:09PM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your perk is the experience not to trust the PR.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These days it seems that you accumulate Entitlement.

Seriously, why do people even worry about things like loyalty perks? If I've played for twice as long as someone else then it means I've enjoyed the game for twice as long as them. That's good enough for me.
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why does their needs to be perks for playing a game you enjoy.
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    6lackzeu5 wrote: »
    You get a nerf!!

And you get a nerf! And you get a nerf! Everyone gets a nerf!
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The perk is all the hours of enjoyment the game has given you.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark
    ✭✭✭
    Playing a game should be for enjoyment and recreation.

If you find you are done with the game after 2 months, then that's that.

It is well known that it is impossible to add content faster than players burn through it. So, it is expected that in time, player numbers creep down until new content is added, bringing back players that left only to wait for new content.

Overall, if you insist on being rewarded for doing something you already enjoy doing, you'll have to find your own personal accomplishments that bring you joy.
  • wimhwimladimf
    wimhwimladimf
    ✭✭✭
    If you played since beta you get a monkey pet ;)
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your reward for paying for entertainment is being entertained. O_O
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your perk is that you get to pay 50 bucks for the new dlc instead of getting it with eso+ as you should.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a rock...
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • GreasyDave
    GreasyDave
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got a rock...
    You get an awesome!