The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ERROR: 200 Fixes

Casterial
Casterial
✭✭✭✭✭
I've seen it numerous times on the forums. Error 200 as of today has been common. Logging in after being kicked, or a crash or just launching the game will give you error 200 and you cannot log in, no matter how many tries you do.

This is the only fix I know of currently. However, if you find out another one please post it.

Run repair from the launcher. See below. It takes me about 5minutes. (I've done this 3 times today, once a crash happens I get the error again.)
kzdZqWV.png

Hope this helps!
Edited by Casterial on April 23, 2017 7:27PM
Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
The Order of Magnus
Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
For the Daggerfall Covenant
The Last Chillrend Empress
Animation Cancelling
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both my partner and I have had error 200 many times today as well, along with "Cannot load announcements" and lack of the image promos you see on the right side of your screencap. My solution is to fully close the game, including closing the launcher window, and open it again... if it "cannot load announcements" then forget it and repeat as you'll get error 200. If it loads announcements then you're good to log in.

Once you get that error once though you seem to get it over and over until you fully close and restart the launcher...
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • BloodEagleb14a_ESO
    The error happened yesterday and I was able to follow the above instructions. Today my wife and I attempt to log on and she is able to log on fine, without any announcements, while I am continuously getting the error 200. I have tried restarting my computer, as well as shutting down and restarting the game numerous times.

My wife is still on and playing while I am doing all of this, so I know that it is not something to do with router or internet connection and must be something in/with the launcher. I have also tried verifying/repairing files to no avail.
    D'vali
    Celebrating 21 years of MMO gaming
    D'vali.org
    Multi-national PvEvP/RP [Aldmeri Dominion] NA server
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Repairing is not going to help with what is clearly a server-related issue.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »
    1. Open the client, either through launcher or directly through the .exe
    2. Type in your username and password, do not hit enter and do not click login.
    3. Open this url in a new tabhttps://live-services.elderscrollsonline.com/announcement/message?announcer_id=2
    4. If it times out, keep trying.
    5. When it opens and you see
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <zos_platform_response><response><message></message></response><result_code>2000</result_code><result_message>success</result_message></zos_platform_response>

or something similar go back to the client and hit the log in button.

It should log you in without error.

Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    Repairing is not going to help with what is clearly a server-related issue.

Depending. For me, every repair has allowed me to reconnect. This issue started 4/22/2017. Now, the repair could also just mean the time passing. But, the repair takes me less than 5 minutes and I am in again.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just fyi it has been an ongoing server issue. None of these "work arounds" are necessary or reliable. Just keep trying and you should be able to log in. (frustrating, I know)
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just fyi it has been an ongoing server issue. None of these "work arounds" are necessary or reliable. Just keep trying and you should be able to log in. (frustrating, I know)

^this. People keep coming up with "workarounds" but it's mostly just co-incidence.

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, folks. Would you folks mind attempting the below steps for us?
    1. Close both the game and the launcher
    2. Open the game installation directory
    3. Open the folder named "Launcher"
    4. Inside the "Launcher" folder, there is a folder named "ProgramData"
    5. Rename the "ProgramData" folder to "ProgramDataBackup"
    6. Open the launcher and download update
    7. Click "Play"

Please let us know if this helps to resolve the issue!
    If the above steps do not work, we recommend that you try and repair the client by using the below steps:
    1. Highlight the title of the game client that needs to be repaired by clicking on it
    2. Click on "Game Options" (near the center of the launcher)
    3. From the "Game Options" drop-down, select "Repair"
    4. Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game
    5. If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files

Older post from devs.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the NA server is really just experiencing a weak-ish DDoS attack and its not catching peoples attention (dev wise). Waiting it out is more than likely the best case.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone would think we haven't been here before on multiple occasions and been trying these things all day.

Thanks folks, I appreciate you are trying to help, but there is currently a portion of the playerbase that cannot log in due to an issue with the server, trust me we've tried all these things, so please accept our apologies if we are a bit blunt with you when you come and suggest the things that we've already tried, have been trying for hours, tried last time this happened, and haven't worked.

What is needed is not well-meaning but misplaced concern from the playerbase, but an actual response from Zenimax.
    Edited by Epona222 on April 23, 2017 10:14AM

• Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone would think we haven't been here before on multiple occasions and been trying these things all day.

Thanks folks, I appreciate you are trying to help, but there is currently a portion of the playerbase that cannot log in due to an issue with the server, trust me we've tried all these things, so please accept our apologies if we are a bit blunt with you when you come and suggest the things that we've already tried and haven't worked.

What is needed is not well-meaning but misplaced concern from the playerbase, but an actual response from Zenimax.

Exactly, more concern from players grabs ZOS attention, if anything its barely affecting the playerbase and they're just ignoring it until it does, or solving it without letting anyone know.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »

Thanks folks, I appreciate you are trying to help, but there is currently a portion of the playerbase that cannot log in due to an issue with the server, trust me we've tried all these things, so please accept our apologies if we are a bit blunt with you when you come and suggest the things that we've already tried and haven't worked.

Exactly, more concern from players grabs ZOS attention, if anything its barely affecting the playerbase and they're just ignoring it until it does, or solving it without letting anyone know.

Well last time this happened, it was fixed after 3 days - with most of the players being completely unaware that there were a portion of people completely unable to log in.

Suggesting client-side fixes is not helpful, because the problem is not with all our individual installs or internet connections

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3. Open this url in a new tabhttps://live-services.elderscrollsonline.com/announcement/message?announcer_id=2
      <zos_platform_response><response><message></message></response><result_code>2000</result_code><result_message>success</result_message></zos_platform_response>

i don't know what kind of demon magic this uses, but it works.
  • Mevrain
    Mevrain
    ✭✭
    7. Click "Play"

Older post from devs.

This worked like a dream. Thanks!
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mevrain wrote: »
    This worked like a dream. Thanks!
    Yoohoo4411 wrote: »

Glad it helped you all out (:
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you need is the Morrowind PTS patch notes and you'll be fine.
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    Both my partner and I have had error 200 many times today as well, along with "Cannot load announcements" and lack of the image promos you see on the right side of your screencap. My solution is to fully close the game, including closing the launcher window, and open it again... if it "cannot load announcements" then forget it and repeat as you'll get error 200. If it loads announcements then you're good to log in.

Once you get that error once though you seem to get it over and over until you fully close and restart the launcher...

I've seen this happen on many MMOs when a router is shared. Not very often but if this issues seems to be isolated to you, you may want to consider a different router.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you need is the Morrowind PTS patch notes and you'll be fine.

ZOS made mistakes.. I will not look at these mistakes. I hope for a fix and not a nerf for buffing another class :|
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Wolverton808b14_ESO
    Side note: Old time banned hackers have been seen in the game again. I'll just leave that there. Just like the good old days with infinite ultimate spam.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yoohoo4411 wrote: »

Unfortunately, all I get from this is a connection timeout.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Launching from the .exe file worked for me.
  • Azmodyus
    Azmodyus
    ✭✭
    Elder Shills Online
    Just keep spamming that repair button every time you get an error. Eventually it will find the problem for ya, guy. ;)
    Inadu-Nei
    Ebonheart Pact
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azmodyus wrote: »
    Elder Shills Online
    Just keep spamming that repair button every time you get an error. Eventually it will find the problem for ya, guy. ;)

Its basically a time thing, in the time of repair you'll be fine, also new access points.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaye63 wrote: »
    Tevalaur wrote: »

I've seen this happen on many MMOs when a router is shared. Not very often but if this issues seems to be isolated to you, you may want to consider a different router.

In 18 months of gameplay we've seen this happen for a few days once before (a few weeks ago) and this weekend, plus it doesn't sound like it's isolated to just us. Thanks for the attempt, but not helpful.
    Edited by Tevalaur on April 23, 2017 10:39PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • nick59349b14_ESO
    nick59349b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. More fun stuff....
  • Xylanor
    Xylanor
    Soul Shriven
    After multiple attempts at the repair I am still stuck. Yay
  • Dragonking06
    Dragonking06
    ✭✭✭
    I've a friend who lives with her boyfriend. They live in the same building together and use the same network. She is unable to log in while her partner can log in just fine and she has tried multiple methods to get back into the game, but keeps getting the Error 200 code. Even going as far as completely uninstalling the game and reinstalling it all.

The annoying part is that this is the second time this has happened to her. And the only way it was fixed was when the server was brought down for maintenance. I'm sure there are people here that remember this happening a couple of months back.

My point is; we haven't had an actual server maintenance for a long time. Last one was at the beginning of April. As far as I can remember, the last time these errors for people started coming up, we'd gone for a really long time without an actual server maintenance again. So this has definitely got to be a problem with ZoS's servers and not our clients. :/
    Edited by Dragonking06 on April 23, 2017 11:27PM
    PC - NA Server
    Nora Wolf-bane - Nord - Knight of Alkosh, Tank
    "We both looked into the Abyss. But when it looked back... You blinked."
  • quadraxis666
    quadraxis666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was encountering this problem yesterday after coming home from work and again tonight. Error 200 over and over. However I have found a proper fix that works 100%

As soon as the error pops up, completely close out of ESO and go play a game that isn't messed up beyond repair.
    Hope this helps.
  • linda912
    linda912
    7. Click "Play"

If the above steps do not work, we recommend that you try and repair the client by using the below steps:
    1. Highlight the title of the game client that needs to be repaired by clicking on it
    2. Click on "Game Options" (near the center of the launcher)
    3. From the "Game Options" drop-down, select "Repair"
    4. Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game
    5. If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files

Older post from devs.

I did all of that. None of it changed anything. Can't log on.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was encountering this problem yesterday after coming home from work and again tonight. Error 200 over and over. However I have found a proper fix that works 100%

As soon as the error pops up, completely close out of ESO and go play a game that isn't messed up beyond repair.
    Hope this helps.

Ye, Skyrim, it works wonders.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling