Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What's supposed to happen if I'm normally NA but log onto EU?

scorpiodog
scorpiodog
✭✭✭✭✭
Can you basically have all new characters on t the second server?
  • Simaris
    Simaris
    ✭✭
    Essentially yes, but your purchases are bound to the server you...well...purchased them on. I moved from NA to EU and had to rebuy all of the DLCs again because I was under the impression the DLCs were accountwide not server-bound.

Obviously if you're a sub this isn't an issue :*
    Edited by Simaris on April 23, 2017 5:06AM
    @Cipherid ingame.
    PC/EU resident.
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simaris wrote: »
    Essentially yes, but your purchases are bound to the server you...well...purchased them on. I moved from NA to EU and had to rebuy all of the DLCs again because I was under the impression the DLCs were accountwide not server-bound.

OK thanks. Since I couldn't log in on NA I was messing around on a new character and EU seemed a lot less crowded. Zero CP but sometimes it's funner that way.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Simaris wrote: »

This is also really annoying. I'm not entirely sure why they've designed it this way, when you buy hard copies of certain games you can get it cross server. It would have been nice if they had designed the game to allow DLC purchases to cross all servers (there's only 2). In terms of time a human being only has so much time to play anyway.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Simaris
    Simaris
    ✭✭
    This is also really annoying. I'm not entirely sure why they've designed it this way, when you buy hard copies of certain games you can get it cross server. It would have been nice if they had designed the game to allow DLC purchases to cross all servers (there's only 2). In terms of time a human being only has so much time to play anyway.

I agree, it's a very irritating system. The move from NA to EU was partially to do with a technical problem and partially because my friends ended up on EU and refused to make new characters on NA. When I moved over and discovered that I had to repurchase all the DLCs again I was pretty mad since I believe there's a loading screen which mentions things you purchase being account-wide. In most games this means literally account-wide on all servers but not here.

I did end up rebuying TG/DB. Kinda bummed about Orsinium though, I got it during some sale.

*bows* Apologies for the slight derail.
    Edited by Simaris on April 23, 2017 7:20AM
    @Cipherid ingame.
    PC/EU resident.