Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What buffs should I be using with my magsorc?

xmaveri
xmaveri
✭✭✭
I'm a 200cp dark elf magsorc with maxed lvl 50 provisioning, I have magika maxed out with burning spellweave armour. My health is only at 11k unbuffed , my magika is at 29k. I seem to be dieing allot due to any boss strike over 11k obv. So I'll craft some green Recipes that buff my health up an additional 3k but that doesn't seem to be enough. Can someone recommended some good recipes that could help me out? Or should I be focusing on alchemy to craft potions (it's at lvl 3) if possible recipes that requires easily obtainable ingredients. Also maybe I should be focusing on drinks for the recovery? Can I have 1 food buff and 1 drink buff at the same time? And is this normal for my race and class?

Best Answer

• LadyHeloise
    LadyHeloise
    ✭✭✭
    I was only asking as applying the right glyphs to enchant equipment can give you decent bonuses to stats. I can see from your list that some of your equipment has enchantments, but as @Druid40 states, using at least purple cp160 enchants on every bit of your equipment (all armour, weapons, jewellry) will be of great benefit. You could swap a magicka recovery enchant for a magicka for example and this is an easy way to experiment and find a balance health, magicka, spell damage etc that works best for you. You can buy these for not too much from guild traders, although gold glyphs cost quite a bit more, so it might be worth you improving your own enchanting skill if you haven't already (although this is a long term option!). You can apply any 'colour' of glyph to any 'colour' of equipment, but go with the best you can afford as you will get bigger bonuses. Hope this helps and isn't teaching you to suck eggs :)
    PC-EU.
    Answer ✓
  • Druid40
    Druid40
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should probably go for CP150/160 blue max magicka/health food (Melon-Baked Parmesan Pork, Mistral Banana-Bunny Hash, or Solitude Salmon-Millet Soup) or purple tristat food (Capon Tomato-Beet Casserole). If not those, Blue level Wrothgar (Orzorga's Red Frothgar) or festival multistat/regen food would be better than green health food. Your magicka seems low, what other sets are you wearing?

Check out these recipes for a better understanding:
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Food_Recipes
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Beverage_Recipes
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    agreed. You should be past using green food now. Get blue Or really purple or special event food like he said.

For buffs I use Surge, power morph though either works, and Boundless Storm, morph of lightning form from storm calling line. Then every crit heals you. I use Harness Magica, a morph of light armor annulment skill for my shield. I only die when I forget to shield at boss. Any other time those two buffs alone keep me going without the shield
  • LadyHeloise
    LadyHeloise
    ✭✭✭
    Find the blue 'savouries' recipes for health and magicka e.g. Solitude Salmon-Millet Soup (increases Max Health by 5395 and Max Magicka by 4936 for 1 hour at CP150-160). You can't have both a drink and food working at the same time.
    I'd also suggest you have an 'oh crap' skill slotted e.g. healing ward if you have resto as your second bar, or dark exchange. I also use Bound Aegis (morph of bound armour) as a buff to magicka which has the advantage of lasting quite a while so you don't have to keep remembering to use it every few seconds.
    It is definitely worth you looking into alchemy and recipes can be found at en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Alchemy. Many ingredients are very easily found if you farm a little.
    Also what glyphs are you using on your armour?
    Edited by LadyHeloise on April 23, 2017 11:16AM
    PC-EU.
  • xmaveri
    xmaveri
    ✭✭✭
    @Druid40 @Jciampi and @LadyHeloise, I feel like my build is extremely weak compared to other sorcs I see at my level. Ive beeny to t deltia pve build as a model to go by.

Helm: ilambris guise, reinforced (I also have divines)

Shldrs: iceheart epaulets, infused (waiting for ilambris shldrs from undaunted pledge chest)

Chest: burning sw, well fitted

Waist: burning sw, divines (or I have infused)

Hands: burning sw, training

Legs: burning sw, impenetrable

Feet: burning sw, sturdy

Neck: neck of willpower, healthy, mag recovery enchantment

Ring 1: ring of willpower, healthy, mag recovery

Ring 2: ring of undaunted unweaver, arcane,

Main: inferno staff of wp, defending, absorb magika

Backup: burning sw ice staff, charged, absorb magika

Front bar: fire ring, harden Ward, inner light, frags, force pulse, energy overloard

Back bar: mages wrath, harden Ward, inner light, liquid lighting, elemental blockade, elemental rage.

3rd bar: mages wrath, harden Ward, inner light, power surge, dark conversation.

Max mag: 29k max health: 11k max stam: 9k
    Mag rec: 1475 health rec: 370 stam rec:616
    Spell dam: 1579 wep dam: 1245
    Spell crit 59.7% wep crit: 33.7%
    Spell res: 14940 physical res: 12399 crit res: 249

Any pointers would be awesome thank you guys!!

• Druid40
    Druid40
    ✭✭✭✭
    For jewelry, try to get all arcane. Use at least purple cp160 spell damage enchants on 2-3 them. Your weapons would be better if they were all sharpened; although, charged has its uses on the backbar. For the Ilambris, go with divines. I also recommend the thief mundus. I notice that you do not have 3 willpower active on both weapon bars. Try to find a 3rd willpower ring or another willpower staff. For PVE, you generally want all Divines. There are builds that benefit from 4 divines and 3 infused on the chest/head/legs to go for max main resource. But, you don't need to worry about that right now. As @LadyHeloise suggested: Bound Armor morphed to Bound Aegis will increase your max magicka by 8% fully leveled if you place it on both bars (It's a toggle). A minor suggestion: try to get used to having hardened ward on just your backbar. But, if you need it on both, keep it on both.
  • xmaveri
    xmaveri
    ✭✭✭
    @Druid40 thank you for taking time out of your day to help me out. I appreciate the info, I'll be hunting for that 2nd ring of willpower. If I get that ring, should I look for different destruction staffs? If so which ones? Preferably none from trials right now as I don't think I'm strong enough to compete. I'll be farming City of for all divine armor. I'll keep the bound aegis in mind I'll run it on both bars if I'm in a easy dungeon or easy content with good healers but as of right now my harden Ward can be life saver. Just until I get my health up. Also just running hw on my back bar I have to get in the routine of reapplying bound aegis every time I switch bars.
  • Druid40
    Druid40
    ✭✭✭✭
    No problem @xmaveri. Since you will be wearing two monster pieces, 5 BSW, and 3 WP jewelry, any sharpened destruction staffs will do. Good luck. :)
  • xmaveri
    xmaveri
    ✭✭✭
    @Druid40 okay awesome, a staff that restores magika or health, magika right? Or maybe just my back bar dest staff be for health. I rarely use light/heavy attacks when on my back bar. I just switch to it to lay down my DOT abilities and then switch back to my main and spam force pulse and light attack while prompting frags. Once the bosses health falls below 20% I spam mages wrath.
  • xmaveri
    xmaveri
    ✭✭✭
    @LadyHeloise I haven't applied any glyphs to any of my armor, I'm not too familiar with glyphs I was under the impression you didn't need to apply any on purple gear.