The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Duchess Personality "Jog" Animation Does Not Correctly Play

• SerDinadan
    SerDinadan
    ✭✭
    I can confirm that the jog animation works on PC, provided you use a gamepad with a joystick. As Mystrius_Archaion mentioned, there is a speed in-between walking and running that currently cannot be done with a keyboard. The only time I've seen the jog animation with a keyboard is from getting hit with a movement speed reduction debuff. Adding a keybind for jog surely can't be that difficult.
    Edited by SerDinadan on August 14, 2017 6:06PM
  • mjel
    mjel
    Soul Shriven
    The bug is still present as of 08-20-2017, I've not seen any comment from the developers. Any ETA to a fix?
  • Kihamai
    Kihamai
    ✭✭✭✭
    Going to go ahead and post that when I was using a controller to test it, it indeed worked when I wasn't going full run speed when using a controller - however, my boyfriend was watching me and noticed that on his screen, he doesn't even see the Duchess personality jog animation - it's just the normal jog/run for him.

Can this be looked at?
    pc na | trash tier
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gr8... still not fixed... and I just bought it...I swear is the last time im buying a personality... 1st time im gona google to see if it is bugged =.= had the exact same issue with thief personality and even to the day there is no fix to it...I wonder if I can ask for a refund...but I doubt il get any =.=
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxresdefault.jpg
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • mandopoulis
    mandopoulis
    Soul Shriven
    Still no fix for this. My character never holds the mirror as in the preview, either.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is happening for me as well. Created a ticket for it (@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom 171122-001384) but after troubleshooting I got the response from support that I should post on the forums to bring the matter to developers' attention, since they don't really know what to do or how to fix it. :/

A lot of people, including myself, paid real money for this and we haven't gotten the product that we previewed in the store. This is highly disappointing and no incentive for me to do further crown purchases, just saying..
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Crossx2
    Crossx2
    ✭✭✭
    Came back to the game from a break and it seems the duchess personality still is missing all animations except the standing idles and walking for PC users.. It'd be nice if someone official at least commented on this issue so we could know whether it is intended or not..

gr8... still not fixed... and I just bought it...I swear is the last time im buying a personality... 1st time im gona google to see if it is bugged =.= had the exact same issue with thief personality and even to the day there is no fix to it...I wonder if I can ask for a refund...but I doubt il get any =.=
    In my experience and a couple others who I've seen post about the issue, you do get a refund for the personality if you send in a ticket. (Which leads me to believe they understand something is not right..)

Still no fix for this. My character never holds the mirror as in the preview, either.
    I'm pretty sure the mirror is activated only with the /tilt emote, and it does seem to be working as shown.
    Edited by Crossx2 on November 29, 2017 2:33PM
  • RouDantes
    RouDantes
    ✭✭✭
    Crossx2 wrote: »
    In my experience and a couple others who I've seen post about the issue, you do get a refund for the personality if you send in a ticket. (Which leads me to believe they understand something is not right..)

Really!?! Did you have to ask for a refund directly, or did you just submit a ticket of complaint? How did that work? Did they remove the personality from your collection, or just give you your crowns back?

Cheers,
    Captain Rou Dantes
  • Crossx2
    Crossx2
    ✭✭✭
    RouDantes wrote: »
    Crossx2 wrote: »

Really!?! Did you have to ask for a refund directly, or did you just submit a ticket of complaint? How did that work? Did they remove the personality from your collection, or just give you your crowns back?

I sent in a ticket explaining to them that the personality was not working in game as it was shown in the store. It took a couple ticket replies for me to find someone who understood that I was having a problem with certain idles for the running animations not playing, but once I did, they responded that they knew some players were having issues with the personalities (aka all PC players, whether they realize it or not) and suggested I post the bug on the forums and report it in game, and offered a refund if I wanted it.

I did not take the refund, although sometimes I wish I had. But I really do hope to continue to contribute my voice to all the people who wish to get this looked at and and fixed at SOME point in the future, as one of my characters backstory and appearance depends on it.

I imagine they would have removed the personality from my collections and refunded my crowns.
    Edited by Crossx2 on November 29, 2017 11:44PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here we are again, several months later.

could we push for a fix on this? It's been, what, a year or more since this issue was noticed?

Is there some technical difficulty that prevents you from having the jogging animation visible on PC? Or has it simply not been prioritized enough?
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

could we push for a fix on this? It's been, what, a year or more since this issue was noticed?

Is there some technical difficulty that prevents you from having the jogging animation visible on PC? Or has it simply not been prioritized enough?

Yes, there is a technical limitation. They have to have animations and movement speeds look right. They can't have somebody "walking at 50mph" or "running at 1mph".

How about this? They could remove the jog animation preview entirely from the crown store and just admit to you that it was never intended to work with keyboard "max speed" movement.
    That IS the answer.

You want "partial movement speed animation" when your keyboard always commands the game to "go full speed", whether you have it set to limited walk or max run or full on sprint.
    That's so dumb to ask for the wrong animation to play for the speed you are moving, so it mwill never ever happen.

GET A GAMEPAD OR GIVE UP ON THIS!
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on January 4, 2018 10:16AM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

Yes, there is a technical limitation. They have to have animations and movement speeds look right. They can't have somebody "walking at 50mph" or "running at 1mph".

How about this? They could remove the jog animation preview entirely from the crown store and just admit to you that it was never intended to work with keyboard "max speed" movement.
    That IS the answer.

You want "partial movement speed animation" when your keyboard always commands the game to "go full speed", whether you have it set to limited walk or max run or full on sprint.
    That's so dumb to ask for the wrong animation to play for the speed you are moving, so it mwill never ever happen.

GET A GAMEPAD OR GIVE UP ON THIS!

MAYBE DON'T REPLY WITH CAPS AND UNDERLINED WHAT SOMEONE SHOULD DO UNLESS YOU'RE A ZOS DEVELOPER!

And as even the OP pointed out, the "jog" animation works perfectly fine for the assassin personality, so clearly they're able to do what you claim is impossible.
  • Crossx2
    Crossx2
    ✭✭✭
    At the end of the day, yes that was this threads purpose. To get them to either say "Oh, that's not working correctly, it needs to be looked at." or "This is working as intended." In the latter case I do believe they need to edit the way it is represented in the store, because many personalities do work much more in line with what is shown in the store when you preview them, when using keyboard and mouse.

Many other personalities show a "jog" animation, and when you put them on in game that motion is played when using the keyboard and mouse to move about in a non sprint. If I have one personality that behaves in this manner, I expect the next one I purchase to do the same, otherwise I end up believing I am being misled.

I would not have purchased the personality if I had known that it displays no animations on keyboard and mouse besides the standing and walking. I hardly ever use the personality for this reason, it barely ever shows up. Discussions about technicalities aside, keyboard and mouse users do not get what is represented in the crown store, and they do not get what is represented by other similar personalities when doing the same motions.

Whether you argue for one side or the other, something is not right here. That's the point. And at the end of they day, no one can say what that is, except for a Developer themselves.

Another discussion could be, that if this animation was intended only to be played correctly with an analog stick, that personalities should not be specifically tailored to controllers. Half if not more of the playerbase is PC and we do not use them. I have no reason to spend my crowns on an animation set that is not made to be used with my setup, and if that is the case, I do not appreciate it being sold to me without an additional note that it behaves differently than other personalities with keyboard and mouse.. these animations should be marked as controller only.

However I cannot believe that they intended, when making these personalities, for them to only be available to half the playerbase. Therefore I must believe that this was an unintended behavior, and at this point they just have too many other things to do than look at it, or give it a care.

I think that personalities themselves are very unique in ESO, not many other MMOs have customization that goes as far as to change the way your player character moves. They have always been one of my favorite things about the game, and this is why I am a little passionate about believing they should work correctly. I hope that one day in the future the Devs take a closer look at the inconsistencies that are developing between the different personalities, and set a general standard to craft future ones to, so that no one is disappointed when they are not able to use all the advertised animations of a personality.
  • REdream90
    REdream90
    ✭✭
    I know that feel. Playing on PC with gamepad, i can jog with it. Bought Thief personality (1200 crowns) and its bugged as hell.

You can easily break (use wayshrine for example) the jog animation and run further with the common jog.
    https://youtu.be/nZ2hK7bxqcI As you can see, there is no thief jog, just common walking.
    If you a vampire you almost have no crouch thief animation, only usual running.

And something tells me that these 1200 crowns gone right in the hole.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom pls, can we have some answer on this, will it be fixed?
    Edited by REdream90 on January 7, 2018 7:59PM
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still an issue :(
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Essentially, this is not a bug. This is perfectly usable in game if you get a gamepad and hold your stick slightly forward beyond the walk speed but not far enough to run.

Do that and stop asking for a change that, if they change anything at all, will only get the jog animation permanently removed from gamepad movement so that it matches keyboard and mouse movement because that is the easiest and cheapest option for them.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on July 17, 2018 9:09PM
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed some unnecessary back and forth from this thread. It is fine to disagree, but personal attacks and insults are inappropriate. Please ensure that this thread remains constructive. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Cocobunhun
    Many of us purchased the duchess personality because of the very feminine jog animation. I was also under the impression that it would be my default "run".

Was disappointed to find out that it would not be available for me because of the platform I play on. Would be nice if they added a warning about this or just take the jog preview away for PC users. You are not getting what you pay for.

Adding this reply in hopes of encouraging others to bring this forward. Looks like it has been an issue for at least over a year now.
  • Crossx2
    Crossx2
    ✭✭✭
    Essentially, this is not a bug. This is perfectly usable in game if you get a gamepad and hold your stick slightly forward beyond the walk speed but not far enough to run.

Do that and stop asking for a change that, if they change anything at all, will only get the jog animation permanently removed from gamepad movement so that it matches keyboard and mouse movement because that is the easiest and cheapest option for them.

If they're going to sell something, it needs to work properly for all platforms that they sell it on. Just because it works on one and not the other doesn't mean that it isn't broken.

Also, in response to the mod comment above: this thread was never meant to be hateful or start arguments. I just wanted to point out something that I felt wasn't working correctly as it was shown in the store.
    Edited by Crossx2 on September 25, 2018 5:31PM
  • Crossx2
    Crossx2
    ✭✭✭
    Several personalities in the game are now broken in the exact same was as the duchess personality when using a buff such as the simple Steed Stone mundus. The personalities in the game break when characters go over a certain movement speed percentage. I cannot believe this is an intended behavior and I urge the devs to please take a look at this phenomenon. The animations that I paid for in the crown store are not playing when I have the personalities equipped, and its not fair to players to sell them a product that doesn't work. I'm at the point now where I have to change my build to a different mundus stone in order to have animations play from personalities I purchased. The way the game handles animations at different player speeds is broken.
  • todokete
    todokete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just don't use the Steed it's not viable
  • Crossx2
    Crossx2
    ✭✭✭
    todokete wrote: »
    Just don't use the Steed it's not viable

That's not the point.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2019 still doesn't work properly. Necroing a very dead thread, but its kind of nuts this still isn't fixed.
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • HollHearsGlow
    HollHearsGlow
    ✭✭✭
    Just purchased Commander one. I admit to have strange feeling about this mysterious "Jog" state of body, but to found out that its only available with controller... ZOS! Have respect, add a small text to preview! Or if you are really want to make players happy, improve this animations to fit into running.
    Edited by HollHearsGlow on January 28, 2020 10:49AM
  • AlienMagi
    AlienMagi
    ✭✭✭
    Again 3 years and no fix? Why are they ignoring this issue? People are literally being screwed over to this day.
  • ZOS_ConnorG
    Greetings all,

After review we have closed this thread as it is quite old and some of the information within may be out of date. You can create a new thread if you wish to continue this discussion to ensure that all of the information is as up to date as possible. Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.