Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

No wonder it's called TROLL king

• Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Troll King is ridiculous, because there is no counter to health regen. And let's face it, a smart build (not a smart player, just a copied smart build) using TK will end up over 3k regen when it procs. And self healing is guaranteed for most classes (surge, funnel, rally, ritual, the CP ability that heals you when you get crit), so let's not pretend that remembering to self heal is hard

If we had a counter to health regen, then TK would be ok. As it stands now, it heavily carries tanky builds in BGs and no-CP, just like it did for me last night on my first spin as a Warden. I didn't even run Rally, just Warden heals and Vigor

An option for nerfing it could be to halve the proc duration too.

Doesn't -poisoned- reduce health regen by 50%?

No, diseased lowers heals but nothing lowers health Regen afaik

Pretty sure that new CP star reduces all recoveries. As a medium armor wearer Troll King puts me at between 2200 and 2400 health recovery depending on buffs. Its strong but you are still easily able to be killed as its only ticking every 2 seconds. I've procc'ed it on many a BG pug and they just fall over dead right after because they have no mitigation or self healing.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    I get 2,4K with but with gold food and a potion my orc stam sorc goes up over 3k. But atm troll king is no more op then blood spawn, selen, velidreth, pirate skeleton or scoria.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if I can come up with a magsorc build with troll-king and permafrost (and maybe mutagen as the only casted heal) to counter shieldbreaker.... Just can't remember if permafrost is heavy or light..
    Edited by Biro123 on June 28, 2017 12:00PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Permafrost is a heavy armour set. Wouldnt be that bad considering heavy armour buffs health regen. :p
    Edited by Valencer on June 28, 2017 12:06PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    Permafrost is a heavy armour set. Wouldnt be that bad considering heavy armour buffs health regen. :p

Ah.. that hard part would be figuring out how to sustain and do damage then..... hmm...
    Edited by Biro123 on June 28, 2017 12:20PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Toc de Malsvi I forgot about that CP, thnx for the reminder :)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • rimmidimdim
    rimmidimdim
    ✭✭✭
    Orc NB, gold food, seventh legion set, 4k Regen when troll is triggered. But I agree with an above post saying it's no more op as blood spawn, Selene, ect. It just works very well for an orc NB in heavy armor with seventh legion. Also seventh legion proc triggers troll king.

I used the word triggered for troll king and proc for seventh legion. There is a difference. Troll king in not a programmed random occurrence. Cheers.
    Edited by rimmidimdim on June 28, 2017 9:18PM
  • Floki_Vilgerdarson
    Floki_Vilgerdarson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Troll King is ridiculous, because there is no counter to health regen. And let's face it, a smart build (not a smart player, just a copied smart build) using TK will end up over 3k regen when it procs. And self healing is guaranteed for most classes (surge, funnel, rally, ritual, the CP ability that heals you when you get crit), so let's not pretend that remembering to self heal is hard

If we had a counter to health regen, then TK would be ok. As it stands now, it heavily carries tanky builds in BGs and no-CP, just like it did for me last night on my first spin as a Warden. I didn't even run Rally, just Warden heals and Vigor

There is a CP star that lowers health recovery.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a CP star that lowers health recovery.

You the siphoning one? The one that scales quite low?

No ones gonna invest so much that it becomes noticeable.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • vokage89
    vokage89
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf Troll king ... No counter..you guys I swear ... There is a Huge counter to troll king...
    Do you just say things with no Research and cry for nerfs on things you just dont seem to know anything about?
    ...DO some research on the Topic before making these kinds of Claims. Too quick to Blame the problems you are having on
    zenimax and Not yourself.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vokage89 wrote: »
    Nerf Troll king ... No counter..you guys I swear ... There is a Huge counter to troll king...
    Do you just say things with no Research and cry for nerfs on things you just dont seem to know anything about?
    ...DO some research on the Topic before making these kinds of Claims. Too quick to Blame the problems you are having on
    zenimax and Not yourself.

Whats the counter?
    PS4 EU DC

• Ultimate_Overlord
    Ultimate_Overlord
    ✭✭✭
    @leepalmer95 The counter is to stop attacking
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @leepalmer95 The counter is to stop attacking

I remember zos said that was a counter to heavy armour once.

Don't attack them for a few seconds so they can't get resources via constitution.

That was a good laugh.
    PS4 EU DC

• Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, its only 1500 health regen, so u get like 700hp/s extra, nothing special. you prob have run to much into health recovery builds..
    ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE, TRINIMAC IS DEAD, MALACATH IS TRUE