The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PvP Rage

• ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    My ignore list is a consummate roster of ESO's saltiest manchildren, newbs, and weak try-hards. I have it framed above my mantle in my Forsaken Stronghold; preserved under glass and outlined in a gilded platinum frame for future generations to study and adore.

I never ignore the hate-whisperers. Responding to them in a friendly, reasonable manor is just too much fun!
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best one yet for me, some player was going to report me for cheating because I killed him with flying blade on siege.
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best one yet for me, some player was going to report me for cheating because I killed him with flying blade on siege.

I had an interesting one just last night, although it was kind of my fault for messaging him first (though I was trying to be friendly). Me and some random AD ran into two EP outside Fare (one of which I had killed 1v1 a couple minutes earlier), and after they killed us I jokingly whispered the guy "no fair, my teammate sucked, he was just spamming bow light attacks the whole time :(" The guy then responded that it is a shame I am always relying on teammates, and that I was worse than the guy spamming light attacks because I used "gimmicks." I asked what gimmicks, and he responded "you." I asked what gimmicks I use, he responded "the way you play." I asked how I play, and he responded "gimmicky." He eventually told me I was relying on ESO's fault for staying in the same area...

I think he was mad about when I killed him earlier since he was a Mag Sorc and I was a 100% melee build so I wasn't going to engage right in the middle of an open field, but he stopped responding after that so I'm still not completely sure what "gimmicks" I use...
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on TF EU and you will no doubt see me raging at AD
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite ways to respond to hate mail.."I love you too"........" Aw thanks, that's cute" ...and "Dad?" seriously I just respond with "Dad?" to everything they write...they try and use it as fuel at first , then develops into real rage after about the 5th or 6th "Dad?".......Also got hate mail for being the only one in my group for not tbagging a guy " YOu think your'e so good you don't teebag? " he then dropped some serious racist talk on me
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
  • deathlikebean
    deathlikebean
    ✭✭✭
    Dude, good stuff! It amazes me how bent people get over a game. I'm just here for the fun :D
    Edited by deathlikebean on May 26, 2017 1:12PM
    -Guild Leader of Senche Adventure Academy
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dropped my bag on gooch, baconator and sanj last night. It was a good night.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    t3hdubzy wrote: »

I wish there were achievements for killing players with notoriety. Specifically doing emotes on their body before they revive would be fantastic,
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    My ignore list is a consummate roster of ESO's saltiest manchildren, newbs, and weak try-hards. I have it framed above my mantle in my Forsaken Stronghold; preserved under glass and outlined in a gilded platinum frame for future generations to study and adore.

I never ignore the hate-whisperers. Responding to them in a friendly, reasonable manor is just too much fun!

Agreed, although my cup runneth over.
    Edited by Drakkdjinn on April 25, 2017 8:19PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish there were achievements for killing players with notoriety. Specifically doing emotes on their body before they revive would be fantastic,

hmmm, maybe add the teabag timer to cyrodiil like in IC...for the next 5 seconds - you will witness me desecrating your dead body in whatever fashion i may so chose :p
    Edited by geonsocal on April 25, 2017 10:06PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • npuk
    npuk
    ✭✭✭

100% with you on this, be as polite as possible too :smile:

I got a fabulous on on Friday when I (solo) ganked two EP that were attempting to gank DC as the came out a keep, after killing them both i got a message saying how I was poo and they could beat me in a 2v1, i'm thinking that maths isnt their strong point :smiley:
    The Sacrificial Warriors GMXbox One EU:18x CP Chars (2300+ CP)Xbox One NA: 3x CP Chars (800+ CP)Xbox One (alt) EU:5x CP Chars (1500+ CP)Xbox One (alt 2) EU:1x CP Chars (450+ CP)PC EU: 1x CP Char (400+ CP)
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a red player, surprising . I always say I am sorry I have more friends than you do.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I rage just because I can lol. I don't necessarily even care, and just go off the hook and call them out for using any and all skills lol. It's not constructive but it is funny sometimes. I guess it's more of a troll situation than genuine rage. It's kinda useless getting mad in pvp, if you get mad at someone for zerging then you gotta get mad at the whole game design and the lag and broken *** and everything else that contributes to the f'ed up way you end up dying a lot.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I killed a Red player in the sewer zone and he said..and i quote "you're a zerging piece of S**t and you should kill yourself" It almost hurt my feelings, then I remembered I didn't have any.

It's just funny to me because it wasn't even a zerg. There were like 6 of us and two of them and they attacked us.. so... :/

Why can't we all just get along?

That means you did something right :) congrats :)
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When in IC always think that you have 50% of the stones you really have and you'll never get angry.

You don't have 10,000 stones. You have 5,000 stones and you're keeping 5,000 warm for someone else. It will keep your blood pressure a bit lower.

Yes always think like this :) Expect to Die ... In fact death means easy port back ... so you farm quicker :) Think of it like this .. Or you can just zerg the place down like many PVE guilds do down there
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Takuto
    Takuto
    ✭✭✭
    This past weekend my guild was taking/camping resource with 4 players. The same guy keeps running in and suiciding on us. Almost every time he dies he sends some inarticulate mess of spelling errors, and rage to a random member of the group demanding a duel or calling them a zergling. Keep in mind, after a couple of deaths he is only worth around ~15 AP is just being a royal pain. Yet, somehow in his screwed up little head we were griefing him?

I feel like people take some liberally edited video of some streamer mowing down a field of potatoes and assume that:
    1) An above-average player can mow-down below-average players by the dozens.
    2) They are an above average player.
    Hint: #1 is blatantly false, #2 has a 50% chance of being false.

So, they take it as some personal insult or delude themselves into thinking you are somehow exploiting when they lose in a situation where they were meant to lose.

Eternal Destiny (PC/NA)
    Dead Wait (PC/NA Haderus AD)
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first thing on entering cyrodiil is setting myself to offline.

The one and only hate-wisp i got was really funny tho: I stormed in headfirst to assist two ppl fighting a nb that kept cloaking, when i realised that my loadout was dualwield with 4 restostaff skills, as i just returned from the bountyboard. The only skill i could use was steeltornado...i learned that day, that it pulls ppl out of stealth. Afterwards i got a hatewisper of being a useless piece of sht and aoespammer, and that i should learn to use some skills...if he knew xD

What actually did annoy me slightly tho, was the amount of gankers wispering me "good game" or "nice duel", when i survied the initial burst but than failed to run away xD
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Takuto wrote: »
    This past weekend my guild was taking/camping resource with 4 players. The same guy keeps running in and suiciding on us. Almost every time he dies he sends some inarticulate mess of spelling errors, and rage to a random member of the group demanding a duel or calling them a zergling. Keep in mind, after a couple of deaths he is only worth around ~15 AP is just being a royal pain. Yet, somehow in his screwed up little head we were griefing him?

I feel like people take some liberally edited video of some streamer mowing down a field of potatoes and assume that:
    1) An above-average player can mow-down below-average players by the dozens.
    2) They are an above average player.
    Hint: #1 is blatantly false, #2 has a 50% chance of being false.

So, they take it as some personal insult or delude themselves into thinking you are somehow exploiting when they lose in a situation where they were meant to lose.

Perceptions can be surprising... I view myself as an above average PVPer - but certainly not among the best - not by a long way. But I bumped into a guy on the pts yesterday who wanted to duel.. I accepted and we started to fight.. I'm thinking 'This could go bad - since I'd been experimenting with a new skill layout that I wasn't used to yet'.. I didn't even finish my full burst rotation and he dropped..
    He came back wanting another go... ok... Practice new burst, drops... Another duel.. I think - ok, I'll hold back and see what he's doing... Hm, bow light attacks for 450 dmg.. The odd cliff-racer.. I just stood and shielded to see if I could figure out why it was going so badly to him... He died to Infernal Guardian procs. I noticed he only had 8k health..

Anyways. We chatted for a bit, I gave him some tips - but one thing he said stuck with me... 'I thought I was doing pretty good cos I can kill these mobs easy'...

I mean, I think he was pretty new to the game - and hadn't reached level 50 yet on any mains, but the point is - overland PVE really doesn't prepare people - and it seems can give a skewed sense of their own ability..

Nice chap tough.

Edited by Biro123 on May 9, 2017 9:31AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ganked and clipped this guy on Xbox and took 30k stones from him in the sewers and he rage mailed me for 2 hours it was nice...
  • Junipus
    Junipus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just put them on ignore i'm far too old to let keyboard warriors get to me

You're so old they message you with cave paintings.
    The Legendary Nothing
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "I almost killed you and I'm only 458cp. If your stupid friends didn't come to save you. You suc" or something to that affect.

I respond "SMB". He say "you so stupid. Wtf that even mean? Your so bad. You should go cry.

I don't know what why. I'd be first to admit I'm terrible at PvP. What I do to deserve hate mail? I'm thankful for the experience, though it was not exactly pleasant. Where do you go from here?
  • ViciousBunnii
    ViciousBunnii
    ✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »
    My favorite ways to respond to hate mail.."I love you too"........" Aw thanks, that's cute" ...and "Dad?" seriously I just respond with "Dad?" to everything they write...they try and use it as fuel at first , then develops into real rage after about the 5th or 6th "Dad?".......Also got hate mail for being the only one in my group for not tbagging a guy " YOu think your'e so good you don't teebag? " he then dropped some serious racist talk on me

Seriously? smh that is just sad. I love the 'Dad?' comment. Will have to try that sometime. :tongue:

So, since I am a female, what is the equivalent of teabag for me? Honestly, teabagging seems like a silly thing to do. But then again, I'm not a teenager, so maybe I just don't see the appeal.

When I first started PvP. I got teabagged a couple of times. I laughed my a** off the first time. Second and third, I was annoyed. Now I just ignore it, as it doesn't effect me anymore. It's more expected now I guess, lol.
    PC/NA

Forever salty about the Shadow Rider Senche
  • ViciousBunnii
    ViciousBunnii
    ✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    "I almost killed you and I'm only 458cp. If your stupid friends didn't come to save you. You suc" or something to that affect.

I respond "SMB". He say "you so stupid. Wtf that even mean? Your so bad. You should go cry.

I don't know what why. I'd be first to admit I'm terrible at PvP. What I do to deserve hate mail? I'm thankful for the experience, though it was not exactly pleasant. Where do you go from here?

Someone said to me once "If you are receiving hate, you are doing something right". I suck at PvP too, but it is super fun. My first experiences were not pleasant either. I still get mad sometimes, probably more than I should. I ended up finding some friends who PvP as well and now it is fun. Unfortunately I suck enough where I can't fight off more than 2 at a time by myself. :/
    PC/NA

• THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wazzz56 wrote: »

Seriously? smh that is just sad. I love the 'Dad?' comment. Will have to try that sometime. :tongue:

So, since I am a female, what is the equivalent of teabag for me? Honestly, teabagging seems like a silly thing to do. But then again, I'm not a teenager, so maybe I just don't see the appeal.

When I first started PvP. I got teabagged a couple of times. I laughed my a** off the first time. Second and third, I was annoyed. Now I just ignore it, as it doesn't effect me anymore. It's more expected now I guess, lol.

I believe you're searching for the term "clam stamp".
  • ViciousBunnii
    ViciousBunnii
    ✭✭✭
    I believe you're searching for the term "clam stamp".

LMAO! Thanks :tongue:
    PC/NA

• davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My recent received rage thread:

Them: You (bad word) suck, you (bad word) spamming noob. Can't (bad word) do anything but (bad word) spam.

Me: Lol. Well you just stood there. It's the only ability with that range. Next time block or move away.

Them: (bad word) you, you (bad word) piece of spam (bad word). I know how to play, you're the (bad word) Noob.

Me: DKs...you're always so hard on the outside, but so sensitive inside. Sorry we hurt your feelings. Would you like a cookie?

Them: your mother is a dirty (bad word)

Me: off topic, but she did ask me to tell you that you finish too fast and don't tip well. It's a game, lighten up, lol.

Them: (bad word) (bad word) (bad word) Hoe.

Me: Now I'm confused. like a prostitute, or an actual hoe? Garden hoe? Hoe down? David Hasselhoe??

Responses end...
  • mvffins
    mvffins
    ✭✭✭
    It's just funny to me because it wasn't even a zerg. There were like 6 of us and two of them and they attacked us.. so... :/

Lies there were 6 of you + the 12 mobs you were pulling (with one of them being a patrolling boss), so that is a zerge of 18.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a good one today, I'm a stam sorc and me and my bro (mag DK) were up on to of the gate between ash and nikel. Just the two of us. The ad/dc zergs are clashing underneath. Some mag sorc comes up to try and get us and my bro at the top of the stairs ccs his sorry a** and I'm like this is too good and swivel my fire ballista at him and blast him full in before finishing with a crit charge and execute. Then he sends me some message like way to buy the game just to learn to press one button on the siege. Trolled him back with a LOLOL l2p. The he's like learn to not *** suck like your zerg and siege and faction. And I'm like wait I know what you're trying to say, but actually your grammar makes it sound like you think my siege and faction and zerg doesn't suck. I can't imagine how angry he must have been tryign to furiously type that out, he couldn't even think straight lol.
    Edited by Vapirko on June 27, 2017 9:04AM
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    I have an impression the amount of rage in pvp has increased considerably since Morrowind. Well, summertime sadness, I guess...
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My personal favorite hatewhispers was during the no-CP event. Some CP players who don't understand no-CP siege get very salty when they got ambushed (2v4) under a bridge by a coordinating lockdown tank, and a DPS running oils above.

It's really not my fault the four of them tried to jump on me and fell for our little trap...
    "Adapt. or Die."